Best Celtic player yer faither ever seen!

michael duffy

My 'auld' man played junior football with Glasgow Perthshire.in the late 1940's and early 1950's,he had 2 spells with them due to national service,
He told me he killed loads of soldiers,but they were on his side, he was a cook!,
His playing career was'nt great,his position was right half,but,he could'nt tackle,he could'nt pass, he could'nt receive a pass,he could'nt score,
but he could foul (his name was Adam,his nickname was Madman! probably cos's he wiz a Possil bhoy! tweet tweet!) and had a deadly long throw,i had all of his attributes except for the long throw!.
His favourite player was Charlie Tully,he would come home after the pub/match/pub, with my uncles and regale us with, Charlie did this,or Charlie did that,or, Charlie couldnae be bothered the day,i found that strange,i asked him what he meant, he said 'sometimes Charlie gets bored playing against mortals'!

RIP Da'

We'll skip my faither Mick, he was a hun, cant imagine he'd have anything good to contribute to this.
My step faither telt me about a player he played with at Cumbernauld United back in the 60s, the bhoy worked as an apprentice jiner but apparently he was a cracking striker. My step faither gave up football, fucked about the construction industry for years and eventually became a clerk of works, the apprentice jiner never made it in the construction game, his name was Kenny Dalglish.

We'll skip my faither Mick, he was a hun, cant imagine he'd have anything good to contribute to this.
My step faither telt me about a player he played with at Cumbernauld United back in the 60s, the bhoy worked as an apprentice jiner but apparently he was a cracking striker. My step faither gave up football, fucked about the construction industry for years and eventually became a clerk of works, the apprentice jiner never made it in the construction game, his name was Kenny Dalglish.
Never heard of him mate.

My Da' was a wee speed demon himself so his favourite was Lemon. My Da' used to compare his game to wee Bobby's with the only exception being that Bobby used to remember to take the ball with him when he took off, whereas my Da' forget to take that wee roond bastard when he launched himself.

No sure if Lemon could shake the polis aff, but my Da' was world-class at evading capture.

Members online

Latest posts

Back