Best news of the year...all hail the skipper

I remember when he first broke into the first team after being away on loan and he looked really good and scored s few. Then, like many youngsters, he kind of ran out of steam and struggled for a wee while. Obviously this resulted in the usual glass half empty supporters on social media moaning like hell about him and declaring we should get rid of him as he clearly wasn't good enough to wear the Hoops.

Of course he proved them wrong and has been a wonderful player for us. I just wish some fans would give our players a proper chance before writing them off and getting on their backs. Of course it is still happening now.

I remember when he first broke into the first team after being away on loan and he looked really good and scored s few. Then, like many youngsters, he kind of ran out of steam and struggled for a wee while. Obviously this resulted in the usual glass half empty supporters on social media moaning like hell about him and declaring we should get rid of him as he clearly wasn't good enough to wear the Hoops.

Of course he proved them wrong and has been a wonderful player for us. I just wish some fans would give our players a proper chance before writing them off and getting on their backs. Of course it is still happening now.
Had my doubts BB, weather he could take the role as captain on, and delighted to have been proven wrong.
Really need him back ASAP as this team definitely don't function as well without him, he's that important to us.

"I love this club, it's been my whole life and I enjoy my football here," he said.

"It was a very easy decision, I want to be here for as long as they'll have me. I had good discussions with the board in terms of where we see the club going.

"It's important at the moment that the club have a bit of stability as well. I've never looked to leave Celtic.

"They've put a huge amount of faith in me since I was a young kid and to complete the story, coming through to play in the first team and now being captain, there's no more special feeling than that."

"I'm in a good place now mentally and maturity wise to take the next step and bring success back to the club after a difficult last season," added McGregor.

"In terms building what we're trying to do, the style we're trying to play, it takes a bit of time to gel everybody together.

"But there's real positivity within the camp that we can do something special."

Celtic manager Postecoglou said McGregor has "shown outstanding qualities" since he took charge in the summer.

"He espouses the values I'm after," the Australian said. "He understands what we're trying to build and, on and off the field, he's not just talking about it, he's living it and he's showing the behaviour that I want leaders to show."

Members online

Latest posts

Back