Beyond This Season: Hope Needed

Can anyone give me some reason to believe in a brighter Celtic future? I've totally lost faith for the first time ever. A lot of people saying it's like the early 90s again but, truth is, I believed it could change then and I don't now. Today's Pravda-like editorial on CQN sounded like the board were briefing us through their favoured blog-son to "get real" i.e. have zero expectations. Is the appointment of someone like Jack Ross as manager in the summer, with Lawwell remaining in de facto charge, really the best we can hope for? No CL preparation. No exciting signings. More managed decline. Bleak.
Hello CT, I can only speak for myself when I say there's always hope, even in the darkest of times. Thing is, we also need to face the reality of a very difficult situation; all of our own making. For the past two or three years, maybe a bit more, I've not been too impressed with the running of the club, Sadly my worries seem to have been vindicated. Like everyone else I was happy to see us keep winning, at least in domestic football. As for my hope, well, if we learn lessons, ditch the "work in progress" mentality, and accept the fact that the new club across the city have actually improved, then that would be a good place to start. I still completely believe we can come back from this catastrophe of a season if our powerbrokers have the ambition to do so.

Can anyone give me some reason to believe in a brighter Celtic future? I've totally lost faith for the first time ever. A lot of people saying it's like the early 90s again but, truth is, I believed it could change then and I don't now. Today's Pravda-like editorial on CQN sounded like the board were briefing us through their favoured blog-son to "get real" i.e. have zero expectations. Is the appointment of someone like Jack Ross as manager in the summer, with Lawwell remaining in de facto charge, really the best we can hope for? No CL preparation. No exciting signings. More managed decline. Bleak.
Since you asked the question whats your views. Not seen any follow up from you on whats been said so far.

Ross the best we can hope for? It fkn better well not be. Otherwise Lawwell can GTF when he sticks his hand out for cash

if we conduct our business properly and make the correct decisions with regard to our player and managerial structure for next year i believe we will get back firmly on track The fact that the huns look likely to win the league this season i believe .is more down to our mismanagement than their being a great team they are deluded if the think that they are going to go on a run from now on as i believe it will be a one season wonder on their part. another point i took issue with was the report by a finance guru that they would soon overtake us as the richest club in scotland. it beggars belief that a club who made a loss of 19 million ponds and have no matchday revenue just the same as us can possibly achieve such a feat as even qualification for the champions league group stages would render all monies from that swallowed up by the amount of debt that exists within that organization

Easy , the huns are still shite and we had a indifferent season, but here is real stats, out of the last 20 years in the titles which included Rangers 1872 deceased and now includes a new club 2012, Celtic have won 15 of the last twenty titles, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 also in the period from 2012 we have lifted 4 trebles and completed a historic 9 in a row as it is our double 9 in a row and concluded a historic invincible treble.
A good time to be a Tim would you agree, stats that show how proffesional Celtic have been in all matters, Also we have shipped out players who have been the driving forces for their new clubs. Tierney, VVD, Winnyama, Armstrong, Dembele

Full

Kieran Tierney to Arsenal – £25m

Brendan Rodgers & coaching staff to Leicester (compensation) – £7m

Moussa Dembele to Lyon – £19.7m

Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool (sell-on fee) – £7.6m

Stuart Armstrong to Southampton – £7.16m

Erik Sviatchenko to Midtylland – £1.03m

Liam Henderson to Bari – £108k

Emilio Izaguirre to Al-Feiha – £1.26m

Stefan Johansen to Fulham – £2.07m

Stefan Scepovic to Getafe – £1.2m

Victor Wanyama from Southampton to Spurs (sell-on) – £1.3m

Virgil van Dijk to Southampton – £14.13m

Adam Matthews to Sunderland – £2.52m

Teemu Pukki to Brondby – £610k

Fraser Forster to Southampton – £11.25m

Total

£102million
THIS, from Twitter
You couldn't mark that Huns neck wi' a blowtorch, but the reply was brilliant
HH

if we conduct our business properly and make the correct decisions with regard to our player and managerial structure for next year i believe we will get back firmly on track The fact that the huns look likely to win the league this season i believe .is more down to our mismanagement than their being a great team they are deluded if the think that they are going to go on a run from now on as i believe it will be a one season wonder on their part. another point i took issue with was the report by a finance guru that they would soon overtake us as the richest club in scotland. it beggars belief that a club who made a loss of 19 million ponds and have no matchday revenue just the same as us can possibly achieve such a feat as even qualification for the champions league group stages would render all monies from that swallowed up by the amount of debt that exists within that organization
Saw that ‘finance guru’’ report. Remarkable.
We sell more ST, have a truly global fan base for merchandising, no debt and one season in the CL will eliminate all that?
I wouldn’t let that clown add up my Monopoly money.

Back