Big Tam to Zenit?

Rogic at his best is almost unplayable, the issue is his injuries, and the fact he seems to spend half his life in Australia/playing for them.

Ability wise he’s probably our best player but if he’s only playing 50% of the games you have to reassess.

He was given a brilliant contract last year and to be honest hasn’t had a truly fantastic game since.

I really rate him but if we can spend the money wisely then I’d be ok with it.

I’d like more energy, power, and pace in midfield. I think we’ve looked a bit one-paced in there.

I thought the lad Rakeem Harper looked ideal, especially on a Bosman.

I have loved Tam since we bought him and was futious when we were trying to offload him a few years back before being given a proper chance (ironically he got injured so never went back to Australia). He has provided us with some amazing memories in recent years and his late late winner in the cup against the sheepies will still be adored decades from now.

But, with all these injuries maybe now is the time to go our separate ways if we get an outstanding huge offer that also suits him too. Like Ntcham, if he goes then make sure it is for silly money that is reinvested in a high quality replacement player and if we don't get this type of offer then fine, we keep a fantastically talented player who is still under contract for years to come.

Brilliant player, probably the most technically gifted player we have on our books but fluctuating form due to constant injury and International call-ups makes him a luxury player imo so if a bid of £15m plus was made I'd take it!

Last edited:
I woke up in Wellington to discover this news. The 11-13 hour time difference means that what happens during the day in Scotland happens during the night here. The news that Zenit want him was a surprise. First I've heard of it. I've always thought that Tom was a tippy tappy type of player who could not tackle a fish supper. He has scored a few cracking last minute goals so gets big raps. Selling him would be good business. We have too many talented midfielders and he is of the nice to have instead of the need to have variety of player. I wish him well.

The break up of the invincibles

Good player gave us some cracking moments but injury and long haul flights for meaninless games in the desert have took there toll ,9-15m would be a great bit of business ,time for young Henderson or Christie to step up doubt we'll reinvest

Hope your wrong this time,Maria. Some players are never the same after knee and ankle injuries. Tom is good going forward but can't tackle and struggles to last 90mins

He shat out the ariel challenges this season. N he’s a tall bhoy.

Look i hate saying anything bad or detrimental about our own but i can’t sugar coat lack of bottle, i dont respect that pal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan Arzani is a good Aussie player that we have on loan from Man City. Unfortunately he had a bad injury and has been out but I tell you he can really play. The NZ lad that I've been going on about Pradeep Singh has just been signed by Bayern Munich. We let that one get away. We don't produce many great football players in NZ. 'Real men play rugby' is the rule here. Most young lads dream of playing for the All Blacks and not for the All Whites (our national football team)

Back