Birger Melling - Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

It's going to look really bad if somebody has hung Chris Sutton out to dry with this one. If it turns out to be the case it will need to be thoroughly investigated. I truly hope I'm guilty of misplaced cynicism but I just don't see that at the moment.
Suttons in the know i would believe him before anyone else he broke the KT story before everyone else

it just sems to convenient the timing of it though

Reports claiming Chris Sutton has said he has been told Celtic are about to sign Birger Melling. Nothing I've seen reports what, if anything, Chris Sutton said he thought about what he heard or what level of trust he put on the person who told him.
https://readceltic.com/2019/08/16/very-happy-these-celtic-fans-react-to-suttons-meling-claim/
I don't see Rosenberg being motivated to sell at the moment and the player is reported to have said
"
“It is clear that if you make it to the Champions League, it will be terribly difficult to go away.

“When you play international matches, whether it’s for Rosenborg or for Norway, you know that people are watching the matches.

“They will tell you whether you are doing good or bad. Then you have to deal with things if a bid comes in, but so far, I haven’t heard anything. I take things very seriously. I enjoy Rosenborg very well.”
https://thecelticbhoys.com/2019/08/16/birger-meling-talks-celtic-move/

Doesn't appear to me like a guy pushing for a move. He's in a contract year so he will be looking to put himself in the shop window.
I'd love it to be true but I don't think it's credible. If it turns out to be misinformation Celtic fans should seriously consider where the information came from and what motivated the source.
Fake news ,spin ,divert ,take the heat off

Why would he sign a deal now when he still has the chance to display himself in the CL shop window and potentially get a better deal; particularly when he is so close to being a free agent when the lack of need for compensation to Rosenborg will only increase his potential earnings?
People make crazy decisions all the time ?. I guess we'll find out soon enough

he may feel that Rosenborg getting nil for his development is bad show.

I think he would be good signing and I hope he signs

Meling that is

I don't rate de Gea :p

Back