Blagging Bloggers and Conspiracy Gymnastics

Spherical Planet

Just out of curiosity, I periodically take a peek into the blogosphere and try to get a flavour of the current and developing talking points.

I prefer fiction to non-fiction writing and some of the current bloggers who are concerned with events regarding Scottish football (and other aspects of human interest) are particularly entertaining to me.

That's not to say I agree with many of their articles, but as an insight into the mindset of an narcissist or two, they are invaluable sources of study.

There is one particular blogger who has taken his own sense of self-importance into a whole new orbit of Planet Paranoia.

It is mildly amusing, but it does kinda concern me that many of his regular fanboys appear to hang on every cost-calibrated word he produces.

There is the making of a cult there somewhere.

The major problem starts when the embryo of a personal theory evolves into a full-blown conspiracy plot. It's all very amusing, but when it goes into more pointed areas that will directly impact upon another person's wellbeing, then it becomes very dangerous and somewhat sinister.

The irony is, is that a quick tour around the other sites (including our own), will provide the basis of the talking points that this blogger calls his own a day or two later.

Sure, he can paint it in a slightly different colour and dress it with a few other adornments, but scratch beneath the four-syllable disguises and you will pretty much find that the content is adopted from other sites.

Throughout the field of Scottish blogging, there has been some remarkable investigatory work that has been undertaken to provide clarity and knowledge.

Auldheid has been a prime mover and shaker of the apples from the tree and his work on Resolution 12 has taken a committment and dedication that has been unmatched by professional and well-paid journalists who have far greater resources and contacts at their disposal.

It therefore offends me when the grammatically grandiose conspiracy gymnast rearranges the words to become his own 'exclusive' insight into any given development in Scottish football.

As a good friend of The Celtic Noise informed me: his modus operandi is the old Ad Hominem............play the man!!!

Whilst we live in an era where information and opinion is spoonfed by an agenda-driven media, always be wary of the verbosity gymnasts who appear to be competent at the wheel, but who are spinning (literally spinning) way, way out of control.

I wonder who you could be talking about ?

Is it the ''gie's money fellah '' and I'll exclusively reveal my latest paranoid article on how incompetent Neil Lennon is and how bad for Scotland the SNP are when we have such a great leader in the blond bombshell and how London pays for everything in this wee , poor stupid country , and how everyone steals my exclusives and that's why I have ''protected'' articles which only mugs will pay to see , and who moans constantly that not enough stupid people are giving him money so he insults them all regularly ?

No , I don't know who you mean !

HH

Is it the ''gie's money fellah '' and I'll exclusively reveal my latest paranoid article on how incompetent Neil Lennon is and how bad for Scotland the SNP are when we have such a great leader in the blond bombshell and how London pays for everything in this wee , poor stupid country , and how everyone steals my exclusives and that's why I have ''protected'' articles which only mugs will pay to see , and who moans constantly that not enough stupid people are giving him money so he insults them all regularly ?

HH
I couldn't possibly confirm those suggestions unless you cross my palm with silver, Millsy.

Just out of curiosity, I periodically take a peek into the blogosphere and try to get a flavour of the current and developing talking points.

I prefer fiction to non-fiction writing and some of the current bloggers who are concerned with events regarding Scottish football (and other aspects of human interest) are particularly entertaining to me.

That's not to say I agree with many of their articles, but as an insight into the mindset of an narcissist or two, they are invaluable sources of study.

There is one particular blogger who has taken his own sense of self-importance into a whole new orbit of Planet Paranoia.

It is mildly amusing, but it does kinda concern me that many of his regular fanboys appear to hang on every cost-calibrated word he produces.

There is the making of a cult there somewhere.

The major problem starts when the embryo of a personal theory evolves into a full-blown conspiracy plot. It's all very amusing, but when it goes into more pointed areas that will directly impact upon another person's wellbeing, then it becomes very dangerous and somewhat sinister.

The irony is, is that a quick tour around the other sites (including our own), will provide the basis of the talking points that this blogger calls his own a day or two later.

Sure, he can paint it in a slightly different colour and dress it with a few other adornments, but scratch beneath the four-syllable disguises and you will pretty much find that the content is adopted from other sites.

Throughout the field of Scottish blogging, there has been some remarkable investigatory work that has been undertaken to provide clarity and knowledge.

Auldheid has been a prime mover and shaker of the apples from the tree and his work on Resolution 12 has taken a committment and dedication that has been unmatched by professional and well-paid journalists who have far greater resources and contacts at their disposal.

It therefore offends me when the grammatically grandiose conspiracy gymnast rearranges the words to become his own 'exclusive' insight into any given development in Scottish football.

As a good friend of The Celtic Noise informed me: his modus operandi is the old Ad Hominem............play the man!!!

Whilst we live in an era where information and opinion is spoonfed by an agenda-driven media, always be wary of the verbosity gymnasts who appear to be competent at the wheel, but who are spinning (literally spinning) way, way out of control.
I take it this is John James we’re talking about? I read his blog for a giggle, some of his pieces are way out there. His constant begging for money is embarrassing too, trying to make you feel bad with half the shit he comes out with. It’s called a donate button for a reason pal! The amount of tims that obviously send him money too is strange. You’re right about his perceived sense of self importance. A legend in his own head.👍

HH
it has the same intials as the celtic voted all time greatest player but he is no jinky on the wing.

Back