Blind faith in our manager

Agree with most of the things you say but I can't believe the flack Broony gets, he seems to me the only one in the team who can win a tackle.Its been said many times Stevie, Lennon was the cheap option and it shows also, who buys our players?
I don't so much put the blame upon the players we have bought in Saul for our lack of performance.
Where the scum any stronger than last time we played with players bought in, I would say no.
Are we i would say yes, and yet no shots on target, no saves from the keeper.
Wish I knew why but can't keep denying it has been a growing problem that has gone a step to far today

I don't so much put the blame upon the players we have bought in Saul for our lack of performance.
Where the scum any stronger than last time we played with players bought in, I would say no.
Wish I knew why but can't keep denying it has been a growing problem that has gone a step to far today
simple answer imo option he playing a system with players who aren't good at that system and players he signed are not good for his system.

but instead of picking system that utilises our strengths and nullifies opposition strengths he picks his system which is weak down flanks both going forward and defence and needs reinforced with midfield which leaves huge hole in engine and doesn't make the system any more creative.

For me frimpong cant pass ball so should never be a pivotal right wing role, despite his Jinky running and dribbles its all flair but no finished product yet and in an important season.

Taylor is a solid left back but not such great crosser or dribbler

never a wing back

Laxalt maybe solve that side

Forrest isn't greatest crosser but his finishing is deadly and dribbling is decent but he also not a wing back cant defend very well

so straight away that makes our creativity weak

we have clinical finishers but they cant get ball to feet.

we have dribbles on right but no delivery.

we play too far forward so there is no real room for forwards to make space but when the come deep they instantly told to get back up into static rigid positions, so they cant make use of space in dangerous manner

which means when our back 3 plus brown have ball they have no midfield to pass to to create space

which means you need to charge and dribble round dude or launch it

brown and our defence has no real dribbling talent so really option is launch it wide

to tiny wee guys who aren't best at attacking one touch

the system sucks with our players

our 3 forwards sometimes 4 never come into our half very often, if ever, so 6 players need to create, any number 10 playing am spends his time in own half to link with Dm and cms then with triangles or direct running at players with quick passing as option then moves into space or gets beyond striker to create another option. But needs cm to come with him on the charge as option. Standing waiting for dm or cm to find a dream pass is not efficient, imo.

watch maradona, Messi or any other top am and they are always in own half as option for def or mid to link in trouble and he expected to be dribbler who can hold ball under pressure and find pass in flash of eye. all the best number 10s in game ever come deep and dictate play up middle or create the ball out to wing.

very rarely do they stand up next to the striker waiting for wonder pass from defence.

2 are WBS with low skills for creative passing

3 are centre backs albeit converted cm is many cases so long range is possible but not their strength

and brown who also has no real accuracy with range

but they probably all think they are beckenbauer passers (human failing, overestimate their talents at passing) And lennon isn't functioning as manager in way I expected

huffs and puffs and stares dont fix the system

And telling the players they were fantastic when they were ordinary doesn't help with their overestimation of self abilities

made no cutting passes, lots of long punts

boss says im the best he ever seen

repeat.

imo
any number 10 playing am spends his time in own half to link with Dm and cms then with triangles or direct running at players with quick passing as option then moves into space or gets beyond striker to create another option. But needs cm to come with him on the charge as option. Standing waiting for dm or cm to find a dream pass is not efficient, imo.

watch maradona, Messi or any other top am and they are always in own half as option for def or mid to link in trouble and he expected to be dribbler who can hold ball under pressure and find pass in flash of eye. all the best number 10s in game ever come deep and dictate play up middle or create the ball out to wing.

we seem to have 3 number 10s and none of them are playing close enough to defence to create anything even against dross

pick any famous game and watch the number 10 or creative flair midfielder

he will always be within 20 yards of dude on ball as option to triangle or create a quick pass to most dangerous player

Last edited:
Think it was acceptance back then Lubo, 9 in a row was a record,10,was well, 'it couldnae last forever',but going for 10 now is monumental,it's history,it's what gives players legendary status,stories for us fans to pass down to the generations to come,my saddest feeling today is, it does'nt seem to matter to anyone at Celtic,it only means something to us fans. HH Lubo
Sadly, I have to agree with you Michael , in the 60/70s , if the titles had stopped at 5, we would have been happy as the football was great to watch and that was 5 the Huns never won. We can Tell Lubo and others that we had never seen a league title being won as the Huns had been so dominant. For once, we could go to work everyday with a swagger that lasted 9 seasons. Perhaps the strain of trying to win 10 could be on the players but that doesn't wash with our European exit. I like Lenny but I think he should go and I know our Board would not care if we got 10. If W. Jansen stopped the Huns in one season, then our new Coach could win number 10. HH 🇮🇪

brown is very good anchor but he needs options near him to do the fast accurate passing

if he too far from player he rarely connects his pass

So we need a CM to do what he cant do

and we have many

but they are too far from him to make the midfield function correctly

Brown is great player

charisma, steel, drive tackles

but he is very weak on passing but I dont think he knows that

and its clearer and clearer in my mind lennon doesn't understand the vital role of passing in centre of park, despite being a cm with defensive awareness and bite

he always had another near him to give the 10 or 20 yard pass after he won ball

ntcham too far forward when he comes back he told to move forward, lol

Our midfield is not playing midfield

which means distribution to all areas is rank at minute
That is also the difference between lenny and slippy as players from there playing days. Lenny the slow sideways safety first option, with slippy using the ball much quicker and forward more so.
I think we are starting to see the difference in how they like the game to be played.
I still have no doubt we have a better quality of player, but our manager is know lacking in how the game should be played, or does he even now himself how he wants to play

John, could you imagine Big Jock, Fergie or willie McLean watching that dross. I watched the match on my Todd and whilst playing for Amateur teams, I played centre half and for their first goal I was shouting at the telly, nobody is marking him then bang . If a player is offside, then just as the kick is taken someone in defence shouts ,"OUT" and catches them offside. For their second, the Keeper took stage fright. Imagine that Keeper at Ipox with that Scum behind him. Leading up to this game, I only made one comment,asking for3pts. I didn't think we would win. Sadly, the Huns have been gifted the upper hand. Lenny has lost the dressing room. We will be lucky to finish 3rd.HH. John

We have a good team here.

Against the majority of clubs we will win games even without a manager, we are that good.
But Lenny does not know what to do with it for the best.

Even a team hit by as much as we have been recently, we should have done enough to beat them......hell we had enough chances but had the wrong players at the end of them.

As an electrician I must always be aware of danger ...and out-think a potential hazard LONG before it MIGHT... happen....or else.
We are now at the 'OR else STAGE'.

I saw a different me today.....one that lost faith in Neil.

I am convinced had he went with Griff and Ajeti at the start we would have scored at least once in the first half with 5 decent chances going a begging.

A decent striker half as good as Griff would have scored by being able to turn an opponent left or right and getting a shot off, and at least on target.
A fresh Leigh or Ajeti with either having scored in the first half would have motored on in the second and secured a second goal.
Sevco would be lucky to escape with a draw.

Not quite at the panic stage but we lost our only advantage today and won't get another chance to redeem this season...... if we don't exercise our options now.
The signs are not good, and Slippy has got his measure.

Our next home game is well into December ....7 weeks away.

For me, honestly, I would not stick with Lennon, if we are serious about ten....anyone who disagrees also wants to risk the ten, but I am not one who waits till the odds are overpowering and too late to fix.
God knows who's available or good enough to take the reins but Neil has and is still making bad choices regarding games against Sevco.

It is very bad, that McGregor wasn't even tested.

WE need to face up to this...... and Lennon is not up to it.
Ten is more important than Lennon.
This

I was one of Lenny's biggest supporters,i was actually delighted when he got the gig, believed he'd 'bring back the thunder' believed his 'passion' would rub off on the team.
that Lenny is gone,what i see now,is a shadow,it breaks my heart to say it,but it looks like he's chucked it, the team look unmotivated,passionless,tactics,formation,player selection,baffling, his post match interviews are headscratching,because what he's saying is'nt remotely reflecting what we are seeing.
The Green Brigade,decorated Glasgow,went to Lennoxtown to represent the supporters and show our support for the team, they even had an overnight vigil at Celtic park,in cas the mhanky mob fancied a bit of'decoration',that's passion,the fan's passion.our passion!
What I/WE witnessed today, was one of the worst ever performances i have ever witnessed,we don't expect to win every game,what we want is the team to compete and fight, for 90 minutes of every game,there is a malaise at Celtic and it's found it's way through to the players, motivation,passion,belief,thunder has to be found and sadly,i don't think Lenny is that man anymore.
Time tae get oot ma face! 🍺 :cry:
Unfortunately I totally agree wi ye Mick......this 10 isnae gawny ever happen again before we dee....And its no lookin guid.....hopefully wi pick up...cause they are nae big shakes.

John, could you imagine Big Jock, Fergie or willie McLean watching that dross. I watched the match on my Todd and whilst playing for Amateur teams, I played centre half and for their first goal I was shouting at the telly, nobody is marking him then bang . If a player is offside, then just as the kick is taken someone in defence shouts ,"OUT" and catches them offside. For their second, the Keeper took stage fright. Imagine that Keeper at Ipox with that Scum behind him. Leading up to this game, I only made one comment,asking for3pts. I didn't think we would win. Sadly, the Huns have been gifted the upper hand. Lenny has lost the dressing room. We will be lucky to finish 3rd.HH. John
Forster would have easily saved that,shame hes a greedy bastard😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Back