Blind faith in our manager

You've seen worse than that utter pish yesterday? A slow start? Ffs we haven't started the season in my opinion. No shape from one game to the next. Even allowing for the guys who couldn't play could ANY of us predict Neils selections this season? Total mind fuck and Neil is outa his depth right now. Hibs wouldn't take him back. Fek his reputation for being a Celtic man and how much he's had to endure. We're all enduring his woeful attempt to get us playing some cutting football.
Much worse stevie 😕

Totally agree with this....
For me our strongest 11 when fit should be

Vargas
El Hamed Julie Ajer Laxalt
Forrest brown McGregor Christie
Eduard Griffiths

I stand 100% with Neil
Well, I think that NFL has run his course but I’d go for:
Bain
Frimpong Bitton Jullien Laxalt
Turnbull Ajer McGregor
Christie Edouard Griffiths

Vargas - jury still out, still think he is decent albeit he was poor in big match yesterday.

Julien- I f can stop falling down with wind I think he is our best cb.

Ajer- not really a cb imo but still decent young player with huge potential. often exposed to fast wingers under Lenny system. under different system he would be very good imo.

El hamed- decent player but not a cb imo

Brown getting old and less dynamic but still very solid ball winner

mcgregor- best midfielder in scotland- totally used wrong imo under Lenny.

forrest- not a wb good inverted right/left winger but no defensive ability but can and does score lots of goals for winger

Christie - most overrated selfish celtic player ive ever seen and there been a few. can play well but ego is too much for me tbh

Eddie -lethal if he had a number 10 trying to link with him. in fact would be better number 10 than christie imo with Griffiths or Ajeti partnering him.

no supply coz midfield is dysfunctional and our wide players cant cross accurately under pressure

players are all good just utilised awfully
I’d have
Bain
Turnbull Ajer McGregor
Christie Edouard Griff

I’d have
Bain
Turnbull Ajer McGregor
Christie Edouard Griff
my team would be 433

defence

Frimpong isn't good enough at passing to be a consistent threat anytime soon, maybe get better over time,

as a silky movement on ball and energy he has talent you cant coach but his passing and awareness with ball are Scottish amateur level.

he is main reason imo no real supply for forwards

occassionally miskicks it and we get goal, but imo he is nowhere near premier league starter never mind celtic first team.

Squad player coming off bench and hopefully gets better with cameo roles when we already winning or need to spin a gamble.

not that great at defending and terrible at passing presently.

big failing has been weak RB RWB for seasons

El hamed was bought he must start for me when fit at rb and if he not good enough another reason why Lenny has failed imo. frimpong back up

Bitton should be in brown position imo, better passer and will give you more long range goals per season.

Julien was bought and is our number 1 CB

Duffy must start with his experience. 2 man central defence duffy Julien with Ajer and welsh back ups.

laxalt at left back with Taylor back up

midfield

Bitton anchor, brown cover

with Cal Mac floating roaming playmaker number 10 who stays central and always within 20 yards of ball and when on ball fast quick 1 touch playmaking. stay away from wide areas and try get triangles and then in front of strikers as we move ball quickly.

main play maker- our most dangerous midfielder who has team ethic. Rogic and then christie Christie as third back up the dude aint interested in team football. can pass it and run but he doesn't care about best option. he just wants to shoot, friggin useless in team game imo. can be brilliant but unless he learns team ethic he aint celtic quality imo.

deep lying playmaker/box box runner as 3rd central mid but with awareness of defensive role first and foremost

Ntcham is our second most talented midfielder but he playing too far forward under lennon, totally nullifies his talent.

mid 3 of bitton with McGregor and ntcham all central and should become a triangular unit and moving within 20 yards or ball at all times no matter where ball is.

cover Turnbull and Soro who Soro who aye Soro im sure tv said he was a wonder signing still haven't seen 2 mins of him really.

Turnbull is really a 10 but he miles behind McGregor and Rogic imo

forward 3

inside left big eddy give him freedom and space to create space for runners with Elyounoussi as cover

centre forward ajetti, griff cover

inside right forrest with Klimala cover

barkas for me is number 1

el hamed Duffy Julien laxalt

bitton ntcham

mcgregor
forrest Ajetti Edouard

Last edited:
If we don't win the league this season, wonder how DD and PL will deal with an empty stadium,maybe 10, 15,000 season books,plummeting merchandise sales. share price falling, reality check for the board! 🍺 🥳
maybe they calculated that will also be gates if they pursue the dead goat zombies

couple of seasons with no huns may also be a crowd killer since even less interest in Scottish league

im sure it would be boost to every other premier league side but a financial hammer for celtic perhaps

my team would be 433

defence

Frimpong isn't good enough at passing to be a consistent threat anytime soon, maybe get better over time,

as a silky movement on ball and energy he has talent you cant coach but his passing and awareness with ball are Scottish amateur level.

he is main reason imo no real supply for forwards

occassionally miskicks it and we get goal, but imo he is nowhere near premier league starter never mind celtic first team.

Squad player coming off bench and hopefully gets better with cameo roles when we already winning or need to spin a gamble.

not that great at defending and terrible at passing presently.

big failing has been weak RB RWB for seasons

El hamed was bought he must start for me when fit at rb and if he not good enough another reason why Lenny has failed imo. frimpong back up

Bitton should be in brown position imo, better passer and will give you more long range goals per season.

Julien was bought and is our number 1 CB

Duffy must start with his experience. 2 man central defence duffy Julien with Ajer and welsh back ups.

laxalt at left back with Taylor back up

midfield

Bitton anchor, brown cover

with Cal Mac floating roaming playmaker number 10 who stays central and always within 20 yards of ball and when on ball fast quick 1 touch playmaking. stay away from wide areas and try get triangles and then in front of strikers as we move ball quickly.

main play maker- our most dangerous midfielder who has team ethic. Rogic and then christie Christie as third back up the dude aint interested in team football. can pass it and run but he doesn't care about best option. he just wants to shoot, friggin useless in team game imo. can be brilliant but unless he learns team ethic he aint celtic quality imo.

deep lying playmaker/box box runner as 3rd central mid but with awareness of defensive role first and foremost

Ntcham is our second most talented midfielder but he playing too far forward under lennon, totally nullifies his talent.

mid 3 of bitton with McGregor and ntcham all central and should become a triangular unit and moving within 20 yards or ball at all times no matter where ball is.

cover Turnbull and Soro who Soro who aye Soro im sure tv said he was a wonder signing still haven't seen 2 mins of him really.

Turnbull is really a 10 but he miles behind McGregor and Rogic imo

forward 3

inside left big eddy give him freedom and space to create space for runners with Elyounoussi as cover

centre forward ajetti, griff cover

inside right forrest with Klimala cover

barkas for me is number 1

el hamed Duffy Julien laxalt

bitton ntcham

mcgregor
forrest Ajetti Edouard
Like the logic TET mind you would not have ntcham starting either after yesterday, really thought he would show up yesterday but fear he is now in the not interested category. Think we now need to give Turnbull a decent run before the why did we buy him questions arise. Still a little harsh on frimps mind

If we don't win the league this season the board need to be treated like the Kelly White board and boycotted out of existence
Sorry 26 I fail to see how we can blame the board at the moment. We ended winning the league at a canter last season and have invested wisely enough to have made us even stronger for this the 10iar. Yet it is not happening on the pitch where it really counts.

Like the logic TET mind you would not have ntcham starting either after yesterday, really thought he would show up yesterday but fear he is now in the not interested category. Think we now need to give Turnbull a decent run before the why did we buy him questions arise. Still a little harsh on frimps mind
having watched every game on celtic tv a few times

im certain ntcham is told to play further up were he is of little use, I think thats the tactic McGregor and ntcham both too high and marked by def mids

so won't get clean pass

to them even if back 3 and brown could pass 30 + yards to feet

when him or McGregor pull back brown waves them forward again

leaves big hole in midfield where their mids are marking our mids

and it clusters their area so our 3 forwards cant breath or change channels because they are locked static or just run into another player

our def and brown cant play intricate passing so either try run round their forwards which they dont do without risking getting sucker punched

and even if the long balls out wide connected with Taylor or frimpong they cant do fancy attacking passing so its just grid locked

only way would be to come closer to defensive line and play shorter passes sharply if their backline move forward eddy Klimala or forrest will dart through lines into the space assuming out playmaker on ball with over their back line passing

if they hold back you created space in the hole between their defence on mid to exploit with short sharp triangles

but no

its push forward lads make a big line with their defence and we will hoof and hope for jammy second ball

utter dire tactics against a well drilled counter unit with fast wingers and a plan

if we had giant strikers with Alan Thompson quality crosses from wing then I could understand that tactic

but eddy needs ball to feet or space to open up his fancy dancing

and Ajeti and Griffiths thrive on balls to feet

and Taylor and frimpong cant pass to feet or head under any pressure

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back