BLM

Powerful stuff, can understand where she’s coming from...there now seems to be a backlash against the blm movement, Crystal Palace Fc steping away from it, bbc has told presenters to stop wearing blm badges on tv, it’s all getting a bit to “ militant “ for my liking, shouldn’t be trying to erase or rewrite history, we should be learning from it, so as not to make the same mistakes......we can only change the future and make the world a better place for people of ALL colours, nationalities and faiths.....

I am of the opinion if they had named the movement. " Black Lives matter TOO" then the message would have been better understood by more people, particularly neanderthal racists and the nature of the words would have been less divisive....3 letters

Last edited:
Missing the point Stevie the statement refers to feeling safe to leave your house knowing you have the same opportunities and rights as your peers.
I don't think I am Boab. We are all aware of what has gone on. My point is wether you're black, white, Asian or in fact anywhere, human lives are precious. Yes we as a whole need to embrace that more and hopefully equality will follow.

I don't think I am Boab. We are all aware of what has gone on. My point is wether you're black, white, Asian or in fact anywhere, human lives are precious. Yes we as a whole need to embrace that more and hopefully equality will follow.
Everyone knows that. but what the issue is people are not seeing people of colours life been of any value, Blacks are dismissed out of hand and the statement reads they are stating the obvious that should be seen by all that they are human first and foremost and their life has meaning and value. so far this has not been displayed in certain instances.

Black Lives Matter. I fully support the movement and all it stands for. I know about the slave trade and about imperialism and I understand the hurt experienced by Black people. But I am frustrated that black history month does not acknowledge the part that black tribes played in slavery and the capturing and selling of other tribes to the Arab traders. If black lives matter, and they do, why is there so much black on black crime, most of the gang related stabbings down here in London are by blacks on blacks. And In the borough of Barking, a black Pastor has just been prosecuted for keeping black slaves that she illegally smuggled into the country. I know there will be those that will say it’s deprivation that causes but I find it all very depressing and at times all very one sided. No offense intended folks Just thinking aloud

Black Lives Matter. I fully support the movement and all it stands for. I know about the slave trade and about imperialism and I understand the hurt experienced by Black people. But I am frustrated that black history month does not acknowledge the part that black tribes played in slavery and the capturing and selling of other tribes to the Arab traders. If black lives matter, and they do, why is there so much black on black crime, most of the gang related stabbings down here in London are by blacks on blacks. And In the borough of Barking, a black Pastor has just been prosecuted for keeping black slaves that she illegally smuggled into the country. I know there will be those that will say it’s deprivation that causes but I find it all very depressing and at times all very one sided. No offense intended folks Just thinking aloud
I think the message is not just aimed at non-black people but also towards black people too. After centuries of slavery, persecution and abuse black lives have been cheapened. I think this campaign is to reinforce that their lives do matter as much as everyone elses and that includes respect and love being shown to them by all - including all-black gangs living in ghettos who callously murder & execute opposition gang members for nothing, those who participate in slavery & the sextrade, etc.

Everyone knows that. but what the issue is people are not seeing people of colours life been of any value, Blacks are dismissed out of hand and the statement reads they are stating the obvious that should be seen by all that they are human first and foremost and their life has meaning and value. so far this has not been displayed in certain instances.

I think the only question that should be asked particularly to a white person is.."would you swap your life as you know it for the life of black person?"
Very few if any would say yes and that is the real tragedy

I think the only question that should be asked particularly to a white person is.."would you swap your life as you know it for the life of black person?"
Very few if any would say yes and that is the real tragedy

I'd swap with AJ, Jay Z, Keyne West, Stormzy, denzel Washington, Idris Elba, pretty much any black guy that's took his opportunities that's came his way and made a success of it, and are now reaping the rewards....did they struggle to get there, probably. But I was harrased by the police every day. Not because of the colour of my skin but cos I was a wee ned that hung around with wee neds. BLM is a good cause but sometimes people need to take responsibility. If you jump about it gangs stabbing each other then you will be searched. I had white friends who had nothing to do with gangs who were stopped and searched constantly. Sometimes, just sometimes its not about race. Its about the environment you are in. Peace and love everyone ✌

I'd swap with AJ, Jay Z, Keyne West, Stormzy, denzel Washington, Idris Elba, pretty much any black guy that's took his opportunities that's came his way and made a success of it, and are now reaping the rewards....did they struggle to get there, probably. But I was harrased by the police every day. Not because of the colour of my skin but cos I was a wee ned that hung around with wee neds. BLM is a good cause but sometimes people need to take responsibility. If you jump about it gangs stabbing each other then you will be searched. I had white friends who had nothing to do with gangs who were stopped and searched constantly. Sometimes, just sometimes its not about race. Its about the environment you are in. Peace and love everyone ✌

Of course you will get a fortunate minority but due to their profile 99% of black people do not get the same opportunities that white people get..world over

The slogan Black Lives Matter doesn't actually say Only Black Lives Matter and this seems to be the nuance that folk can't get their head round. I'm sure most of us believe that all lives matter but there are others who are happy to treat the black population as 2nd class citizens and the BLM slogan highlights that fact. Saying all lives matter misses the point altogether.

Oh feck another movement wee neds matter

Stormzys pish mate 😂and AJs got a glass jaw but aye would swap places with the rest!

I would swap places with Jay Z as well, and nothing to do with the fact hes married to Beyonce. :cool:

The slogan Black Lives Matter doesn't actually say Only Black Lives Matter and this seems to be the nuance that folk can't get their head round. I'm sure most of us believe that all lives matter but there are others who are happy to treat the black population as 2nd class citizens and the BLM slogan highlights that fact. Saying all lives matter misses the point altogether.

97CCC2C4-C227-4A34-8583-00CE701609B8.gif

Back