Bloggers! What are they good for?

I’d like to think Bloggers voice their opinions and hopefully instigate and add to debate. I’d hope and believe it does - in most places - come with the wellbeing of the club at heart. I want them to promote Celtic men’s, women’s teams charitable work etc but also to call out and hold to account where they feel the club may do better as well as what they do well.

And for a club like Celtic where the history is so important and is a duty to be handed down from generation to generation, then articles on the history of the club, the politics and people who forged it are huge, particularly in a day and age of snippets of information being the preferred consumption for young readership who may not necessarily read an entire book every week or month but will happily read 25 articles in a week on the history of the club as well as current issues via fans sites.

I guess they should also inspire others to write too, add to the debate and modernise the process, giving it longevity. I’d thought about writing for a while and didn’t see a site that suited until I came across the Star. The reason I was hooked and chose to join in was it fitted most of what I’ve already pointed out.

Judge each one on its own merits. Happy to accept criticism directed at The Celtic Star and even Celtic Noise but the rest have nothing to do with me. The rest may be regarded in a more favourable light than The Celtic Star - in which case we'd have to try harder to improve - otherwise what is the point?
Without blowin smoke, the Star strikes the right balance IMO, it's not averse to criticising the club in a balanced way and it's not a cheerleading site either. A happy medium with some great historical perspectives on the Club and its people.

I’d like to think Bloggers voice their opinions and hopefully instigate and add to debate. I’d hope and believe it does - in most places - come with the wellbeing of the club at heart. I want them to promote Celtic men’s, women’s teams charitable work etc but also to call out and hold to account where they feel the club may do better as well as what they do well.

And for a club like Celtic where the history is so important and is a duty to be handed down from generation to generation, then articles on the history of the club, the politics and people who forged it are huge, particularly in a day and age of snippets of information being the preferred consumption for young readership who may not necessarily read an entire book every week or month but will happily read 25 articles in a week on the history of the club as well as current issues via fans sites.

I guess they should also inspire others to write too, add to the debate and modernise the process, giving it longevity. I’d thought about writing for a while and didn’t see a site that suited until I came across the Star. The reason I was hooked and chose to join in was it fitted most of what I’ve already pointed out.
Brilliant response Niall J. Read it twice to see if I could add anything. That’s a solid no! Thread done for me, as you covered all expectations 💚👍

that's plenty(y)

What would the chances of Dom setting up a proper question and answer session on a fairly regular basis Niall?
We can understand confidantal information can't be handed out say regarding how much we're going to budget on this so called rebuild.
But surely knowing the position of JK and strachan Jr is worth an answer when it affects the process of a new manager and of potential new players.
This for me, is my biggest concern as the standard of coaching, fitness, set plays, lack of imagination, shape etc were nothing short of appalling last season.
The fact that many careers are left in tatters now and nearly every player gone backwards in there careers hardly make us an attractive proposition for a player to further his career, OK for the journey man hoping for the last shot at the big time and trying to end his career with some type of medals.
Desperate state of affairs the club are currently in and can't help thinking all the major decisions are all been made upon the financial state of Sevco scum (SS) which I would class as a betrail of the celtic support but chances of ever finding out the truth still seems as the best part of never

I'd love if some of our bloggers could get their hands on some "sources" inside paradise so we could get some sort of idea of what's going on. Guys like Phil Mac can give us word for word the meetings that are happening up the marble staircase but no one seems to have a clue what's happening in celtic park.

What would the chances of Dom setting up a proper question and answer session on a fairly regular basis Niall?
We can understand confidantal information can't be handed out say regarding how much we're going to budget on this so called rebuild.
But surely knowing the position of JK and strachan Jr is worth an answer when it affects the process of a new manager and of potential new players.
This for me, is my biggest concern as the standard of coaching, fitness, set plays, lack of imagination, shape etc were nothing short of appalling last season.
The fact that many careers are left in tatters now and nearly every player gone backwards in there careers hardly make us an attractive proposition for a player to further his career, OK for the journey man hoping for the last shot at the big time and trying to end his career with some type of medals.
Desperate state of affairs the club are currently in and can't help thinking all the major decisions are all been made upon the financial state of Sevco scum (SS) which I would class as a betrail of the celtic support but chances of ever finding out the truth still seems as the best part of never
Not sure at all John, WC would be better served to inform on that, however I believe he has been far more open to communication even prior to taking the job officially than Celtic have been under Lawwell for some time. The recent fans media engagement certainly seems instigated at his behest. I’m counting down the days until Lawwell goes because despite the ‘retiral’ I’ll believe it when I see it, especially with big European changes ahead and Lawwell’s contacts list being required.

DM’s background is essentially in communications and he did a hell of a job modernising a dinosaur of a business at the SRU, as such I’m expectant of ongoing fan engagement and also advancing the communication the club do have beyond the usual faces. Will he genuinely get a run at that? This time next year we’ll have a better idea I guess but I believe he is at least listening, that in itself is an advancement.

I don’t see anyone talking on the subject of individuals ever, you cannot do so legally now but an overarching discussion on infrastructure, training, recruitment etc etc is something fan media would be engaged with. Whether that is accepted? The Cynic were put on the naughty step for fair questions to Lenny and WC seemed ostracised briefly for daring to use phrases like ‘honest mistakes’ in relation to referees, last season so it will take a sea change in attitude. If DM is left to have carte blanche on that I’d be hopeful but every day Lawwell has his ear and every day he stays in post influencing anything is a day too long. I believe lips will loosen and ideas will blossom once his vice like grip goes, I just worry he won’t step away entirely.

Not sure at all John, WC would be better served to inform on that, however I believe he has been far more open to communication even prior to taking the job officially than Celtic have been under Lawwell for some time. The recent fans media engagement certainly seems instigated at his behest. I’m counting down the days until Lawwell goes because despite the ‘retiral’ I’ll believe it when I see it, especially with big European changes ahead and Lawwell’s contacts list being required.

DM’s background is essentially in communications and he did a hell of a job modernising a dinosaur of a business at the SRU, as such I’m expectant of ongoing fan engagement and also advancing the communication the club do have beyond the usual faces. Will he genuinely get a run at that? This time next year we’ll have a better idea I guess but I believe he is at least listening, that in itself is an advancement.

I don’t see anyone talking on the subject of individuals ever, you cannot do so legally now but an overarching discussion on infrastructure, training, recruitment etc etc is something fan media would be engaged with. Whether that is accepted? The Cynic were put on the naughty step for fair questions to Lenny and WC seemed ostracised briefly for daring to use phrases like ‘honest mistakes’ in relation to referees, last season so it will take a sea change in attitude. If DM is left to have carte blanche on that I’d be hopeful but every day Lawwell has his ear and every day he stays in post influencing anything is a day too long. I believe lips will loosen and ideas will blossom once his vice like grip goes, I just worry he won’t step away entirely.
I think many of us have the same concerns regarding PL traitor and would be nice to actually get some clarity on the situation he has or will remain to have within the club?

Just read on various blogs.....that the huns are going to splash oot on a big signing.......Apparently it is £15 million......

And who is it............................Well I hope they do......McBurnie.....:ROFLMAO:

He is a massive supporter, and score lots of goals for them..said one journalist... :ROFLMAO:

There are two things wrong in this Story....1. Sevco are skint...and 2. McBurnie is utter pish...

Maybe the 'fans' share money will buy him....;) :ROFLMAO:

Just read on various blogs.....that the huns are going to splash oot on a big signing.......Apparently it is £15 million......

And who is it............................Well I hope they do......McBurnie.....:ROFLMAO:

He is a massive supporter, and score lots of goals for them..said one journalist... :ROFLMAO:

There are two things wrong in this Story....1. Sevco are skint...and 2. McBurnie is utter pish...

Maybe the 'fans' share money will buy him....;) :ROFLMAO:
Or big Ash as there new stopper

Your patter’s brilliant mate. Mind let us know when the book is out
I'm actually in the middle of writing a book at the minute. After many requests from a member of the noise I've decided to run my eye over the theory of relativity. It's amazing what I found. I won't reveal any of it here. If you want to know you'll have to buy the book. It's called "Einstein you're full a shite"!

I'm actually in the middle of writing a book at the minute. After many requests from a member of the noise I've decided to run my eye over the theory of relativity. It's amazing what I found. I won't reveal any of it here. If you want to know you'll have to buy the book. It's called "Einstein you're full a shite"!
Is it an autobiography of someone Deadner?

Back