Bobby Lennox statue

He was fast allrite but i beat him in a sprint off supervised by Big Jock one day at training in Barrowfield!! Memory will last forever. Can't speak highly enough of the Legend he is.
HH?

Stevie did you actually train with celtic?

If so what is your greatest memory of it?

Stevie did you actually train with celtic?

If so what is your greatest memory of it?
Yes Maria i had the honour twice. My best memories included scoring a screamer past Peter Latchford after Alfie Conn laid it off for me?. Was 15. Big Jock was impressed by me and kept me, a keeper and Bobby Lennox behind when session was finished. I was shit with my head and Bobby sent in a few crosses for me. Needless to say i fluffed it with my thruppeny bit head lol. He was gonna offer me an S form. Biggest highlight was Jinky coming in as a guest to train and being alongside my hero.
Last forever.
HH?

Yes Maria i had the honour twice. My best memories included scoring a screamer past Peter Latchford after Alfie Conn laid it off for me?. Was 15. Big Jock was impressed by me and kept me, a keeper and Bobby Lennox behind when session was finished. I was shit with my head and Bobby sent in a few crosses for me. Needless to say i fluffed it with my thruppeny bit head lol. He was gonna offer me an S form. Biggest highlight was Jinky coming in as a guest to train and being alongside my hero.
Last forever.
HH?

OMG, that must have been amazing. I cant even imagine being on sacred ground with all your heroes and trying not to piss yer pants in fright/delight.

You have defo walked with giants. Alfie conn eh. He was sublime and took no shit either.

Wee jinky, now that mustve been like necter training with him.

And yet they were very normal people back then, footballers i mean, but on the field they were extraordinary.

HH pal ☘️

Last forever.
HH?

Stevie i would have loved to went flat out against the buzz bomb and Stevie Chalmers, i would have fancied my chances at 17. You would have been training up at barrowfield at the time then with Celtic, I met Johnstone and cryuff up there and it was before a game and both were entertaining the youngsters, what a difference nowadays. buzzbomb was my role model when young, fast and good team player always smiling. great days.

Stevie i would have loved to went flat out against the buzz bomb and Stevie Chalmers, i would have fancied my chances at 17. You would have been training up at barrowfield at the time then with Celtic, I met Johnstone and cryuff up there and it was before a game and both were entertaining the youngsters, what a difference nowadays. buzzbomb was my role model when young, fast and good team player always smiling. great days.
You were i felt underated pal. Solid as a rock and fast. Then again, being in the Calton it came in handy?
HH?

Depends on what spangles you eat.. it can be anything you want it to be.
spngtrips-jpg.482

Members online

No members online now.

Back