Bodo Glimt cannot be underestimated

Winter

Just had a look at bodos group stages endeavours and despite going unbeaten in a group where they drew in rome 2-2 then beat roma 6 -1 in the reverse fixture they also beat cska sofia and zorya ( ukraine) finishing with an impressive 12pts in 2nd place to Roma. I would fancy us against any of these sides but given their budget they really performed well and can consider themselves unlucky not to have won their group. No poor sides in Europe after Christmas we must be vigilant against an unknown and definately a banana skin tie.

Definitely a potential banana skin and the result against Roma alone cannot be ignored. Europe just came too early for us this season, it was even more of a roller coaster ride than normal. Going into this latest stage we are still an experimental team with the new guys yet to settle in and injuries still affecting the team. European nights are a good for the club and support, however we have to be single minded in our push for THE main prize, winning our Title back.

Just had a look at bodos group stages endeavours and despite going unbeaten in a group where they drew in rome 2-2 then beat roma 6 -1 in the reverse fixture they also beat cska sofia and zorya ( ukraine) finishing with an impressive 12pts in 2nd place to Roma. I would fancy us against any of these sides but given their budget they really performed well and can consider themselves unlucky not to have won their group. No poor sides in Europe after Christmas we must be vigilant against an unknown and definately a banana skin tie.
Not the type of game I really look forward to, only because I can tend to get a bit complacent and look beyond it, and onto the next round which is totally the wrong way of looking at any match within European football.
In theory we are looking to become a CL rated team and to be taken seriously, so the likes of this mob should be brushed aside in order for that potential reality to be taken seriously still imo.
But football isn't as straight forward as that, and we are still a very new team and manager that still has to be able to adjust to playing against the anti football park the bus teams to the more better technical and better organised teams within Europe that provide a much sterner test than anything Scotland offers still, so the difference remains vast.
Europe came to early this season and yet we showed remarkable improvements with each passing game and hope that trend continues also, as I still believe that we can go far in this competition even though nothing can be taken for granted and it still remains at number 3 in our list of priorities for the remainder of the season.

Not the type of game I really look forward to, only because I can tend to get a bit complacent and look beyond it, and onto the next round which is totally the wrong way of looking at any match within European football.
In theory we are looking to become a CL rated team and to be taken seriously, so the likes of this mob should be brushed aside in order for that potential reality to be taken seriously still imo.
But football isn't as straight forward as that, and we are still a very new team and manager that still has to be able to adjust to playing against the anti football park the bus teams to the more better technical and better organised teams within Europe that provide a much sterner test than anything Scotland offers still, so the difference remains vast.
Europe came to early this season and yet we showed remarkable improvements with each passing game and hope that trend continues also, as I still believe that we can go far in this competition even though nothing can be taken for granted and it still remains at number 3 in our list of priorities for the remainder of the season.
Well put johnno and bang on I'm sure Roma thought they should be brushing aside bodo/glimt as well in fact I'd bet zorya and cska sofia thought the same. Thankfully we dont have Mourinho or the likes in our dug out and I'm sure this tie will be met with the same respect as a ross county game or a raith rovers game. Credit to bodo/glimt for getting 12 pts from that group that most myself especially wouldve thought them favourites for last place but no they went unbeaten and that's no mean feat but I do still hope and expect us to win through just because of the head of steam the team are building and the players weve brought in HH

We must not under-estimate anyone ever! You should be fully focused on every single match you play - even if it is "just" a team like Alloa. I would say that we should be favourites for most games we are due to play between now and the end of the season (if we do well enough to progress in Europe then we may come up against wealthier sides but I'd say we'd have a fighting chance against any side left in this competition).

But being the bookies favourite means little as you still need to compete to win the match/tie. I don't think we will go unbeaten to the end of the season but we have to keep dropped points to an absolute minimum and it would be good to win the Scottish Cup too (but trebles are not easy to win despite our recent history).

We should progress in Europe but will need to play well. I still think Europe is a bonus this season as I believe our priority must be winning the league.

Bodo/glimt looking at their results appear to be a side that relish the big games. Bearing in mind that they started in the UEFA conference at Round 2 heres their results
Rnd 2 : 1st leg Valur 0 bodo 3, 2nd leg bodo 3 Valur 0 6-0 agg ( expect norwegian champions to navigate this tie)
Rnd 3 : 1st leg Prishtina 2 bodo 1 ( only game theyve lost) 2nd leg bodo 2 Prishtina 0
Play off : 1st leg : Zalgiris 2 bodo 2, 2nd leg bodo 1 zalgiris 0
Group stages
Bodo 3 Zorya 1
CSKA SOFIA 0 bodo 0
Bodo 6 ( six) Roma 1
Roma 2 bodo 2
Bodo 2 CSKA SOFIA 0
Zorya 1 Bodo 1
Table GC
1.Roma 13pts
2. Bodo/glimt 12pts
3. Zorya 7pts
4 .CSKA SOFIA 1 pt
This doesn't seem like a team of mugs to me

Last edited:
Personally I feel that this particular match is way to far down the road to put to much focus upon it now, yet it can't be dismissed either.
We are entering the 2nd half of the season where KO football comes into play more so, and that includes the league with the current gap as it is.
The extra pressure and intensity will increase, especially with the number of matches to still be played and even more so with midweek matches thrown into the mix also.
Now I still believe the the overall squad could remain fairly light with sticking with the 433 especially in European football where you have to work much harder without the ball, and could this have led to as many injuries as we had in the 1st half of the season?
Sure Ange would have looked at this, and will be interesting to see weather we might change team shape to maybe be able to manage the schedule better and without so many injuries.
Will be in for a roller coast of a ride I believe in the 2nd half of the season, and one we can't afford to underestimate any team we face and also believe that the squad is well equipped to handle the challenges that lie ahead also

Since the end of the Norwegian season last month they have sold 4 of their better players. Add the fact that they won't have played a competitive game in 2 months when they come to CP should give us a big advantage. Still be a tough game but if our new players settle, and hamstrings remain in tact, hopefully we get our first knock out round win in Europe since 2004.

Nobody in Lord Of The Rings should be underestimated, full of wizardry and magic spells, Bodo Glimt will be no different, probably in league with the Pixies or something....🙄
Wiz lord of the rings no filmed in new Zealand? 🤷🏻‍♂️ either way well take the 'precious' 3pts

Back