Bolingoli Assessed - Is Tierney Impossible to Follow?

Mea culpa, I was too quick in writing Boli off, hope he becomes a legend.

Hat tip to you, tic, for doing the right thing, and it takes a man to admit he's wrong. Boli more than likely may not become a legend, but as long as he keeps playing adequately, as he has been, he'll be fine. As a Celt, he gets our support, needless to say; a concept lost on some here.

It’s not me who needs to get used to it, it’s him.

No, it's you.

Let’s see how it all works out. As long be as our defence gets better I don’t care who plays.

Obviously, you do, otherwise you wouldn't have been complaining endlessly throughout the transfer window.

Boli started looking truly awful, there is no question of that.

Actually, there is. He didn't look awful, at least not by anyone's definition other than your own. He looked like a player trying to adjust to a new team, and maybe he took longer than you might have liked. Someone here (I think it was Niall J) posted on this forum that the press in Vienna said that he had taken three or four games to come up to speed for Rapid Vienna (pun intended), and it took about the same time for him to do the same here.

The boy was good against Sevco which will do his confidence the world of good, but that doesn’t mean the criticism of his early performances wasn’t on the money, because it was.

Actually it wasn't. Not to repeat what I wrote above, but he's had more than one good game. He was good against the Huns. He was good against AIK in both games. He was good against Hearts, Motherhell, and St. Johnstone. No player is perfect -- no player is going to have a good game at every outing, and it's interesting that you set such lofty standards for one player and not everyone else.

[And, "the boy"? Seriously? No "h" for Bolingoli?]

The dithering of the board not to bring in taylor or another LB forced Lenny to make that monumental tactical balls up with Calumn. But he did that because Boli had been fucking dire, not because he wanted to.

Did Lenny tell you this personally? Was it the dithering of the board to make Lenny NOT play other solid defenders in that game, like Jullien or Bitton? Did he tell you that, too? If not, could you ask him next time you guys are having a chat? What else do you guys talk about?

Oh, and I missed that: When did we sign Calumn, and where does he play?

Got a suggestion for you, sport. Take it, leave it, I don't really care. You might not want to shoot from the hip every time you have the urge to post something against a player you don't like. The game is made up 11 players, not one, and bear in mind we won a Treble Treble with Jeremy Toljan starting in our defense. Consider that for a moment when obsessing on one position constantly.

Hat tip to you, tic, for doing the right thing, and it takes a man to admit he's wrong. Boli more than likely may not become a legend, but as long as he keeps playing adequately, as he has been, he'll be fine. As a Celt, he gets our support, needless to say; a concept lost on some here.

No, it's you.

Obviously, you do, otherwise you wouldn't have been complaining endlessly throughout the transfer window.

Actually, there is. He didn't look awful, at least not by anyone's definition other than your own. He looked like a player trying to adjust to a new team, and maybe he took longer than you might have liked. Someone here (I think it was Niall J) posted on this forum that the press in Vienna said that he had taken three or four games to come up to speed for Rapid Vienna (pun intended), and it took about the same time for him to do the same here.

Actually it wasn't. Not to repeat what I wrote above, but he's had more than one good game. He was good against the Huns. He was good against AIK in both games. He was good against Hearts, Motherhell, and St. Johnstone. No player is perfect -- no player is going to have a good game at every outing, and it's interesting that you set such lofty standards for one player and not everyone else.

[And, "the boy"? Seriously? No "h" for Bolingoli?]

Did Lenny tell you this personally? Was it the dithering of the board to make Lenny NOT play other solid defenders in that game, like Jullien or Bitton? Did he tell you that, too? If not, could you ask him next time you guys are having a chat? What else do you guys talk about?

Oh, and I missed that: When did we sign Calumn, and where does he play?

Got a suggestion for you, sport. Take it, leave it, I don't really care. You might not want to shoot from the hip every time you have the urge to post something against a player you don't like. The game is made up 11 players, not one, and bear in mind we won a Treble Treble with Jeremy Toljan starting in our defense. Consider that for a moment when obsessing on one position constantly.

Completely on the money, Larry.

Many legends have worn the jersey and time moves on. If we are to be fair to the guy then why not compare ALL the other players to the Lions? They are individuals who for the best part give their all and that's good enough for me. Compare Julien to Billy McNeil? You get my point. Tierney is gone.
Get over it.

Thursday.

The site boss David reckoned he was the worst v Hamilton; contrarily I thought him second best performer only behind Jamesy. Similarly against the Hun he was relentless and so positive they spent more time trying to contain him than exploit his 'weaknesses'.

Surely in Rennes he will face his biggest test and we will finally know whether we have a player or a pretender?

Don't know what it is about Boli but he seems to be Marmite and has the fans divided. I still think he's settling in and will retain his place in the side for quite a while.

Probably more to do with people being reluctant to admit they were wrong, too many jumped the gun and wrote the bhoy off as a dud way way too early. It was always going to be a poisoned chalice for whoever came in to replace KT but the reaction to Boli's first couple of games was hysterical nonsense.

HH Shamrock.

Got off to a shaky start in crucial qualifiers so everyone had there doubts ,he's settled now and comes across as a gallus wee fkr who's enjoying his football and get's what the club are all about

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back