Boyata

Chriscom77

Where does everyone stand with Boyata now that the dust has settled?
I think he made some poor choices on bad advice but if the players are happy to accept his apology and let him make amends then i’m happy to do the same.
He’s our best centre half by a distance in my opinion and seems to have gotten the head down.

He's a prick but we need him.

I won't be booing or cheering him, he will receive my complete indifference and remarks of "well he's under contract with us he should be doing that anyway" every time he makes a good challenge and people around me cheer him on.

A significant apology to the fans would go a long way but as of now he is still a coward who won't say sorry to us for what he's done.

He's played against Hamilton, Suduva and Sevco since deciding he isn't actually injured and he's been getting lots of praise but these are not quality teams. I'm yet to be convinced he'll be good enough for the Europa League.

He is using us to keep fit until the next transfer window.

Happy to see the back of him in January if we can replace him.

I wanted him gone asap but since the manager played him, the window is closed, and he's arguably our best CB, I would do as follows:

-Quickly identify January targets (as in two, three, four, eight if necessary, I don't care, but enough with the scouting bullshit) that would be good enough to cover for him as starting CB or at the very least make Jozo and Hendry fight for their minutes. The typical Celtic move: younger than Boyata is now, nice potential, 4/5 year deal planning on selling higher later. If Congerton can't do this, kick him out now and sign a proper head of recruitment.

-Offer Boyata a raise/contract extension with the mutual understanding that he'll be allowed to leave if a proper offer comes our way. Otherwise a straightforward £10M buyout clause should take care of that.

-Come January, sign our defensive target(s) and shop Boyata around, there should still be a nice market.

A functional football team should be capable of this, I'd like to think.

In terms of the support, as long as he wears the hoops, ok, we'll be behind him. But we all know he's not getting a statue on the Celtic Way or anything :sneaky:

He's a prick but we need him.

I won't be booing or cheering him, he will receive my complete indifference and remarks of "well he's under contract with us he should be doing that anyway" every time he makes a good challenge and people around me cheer him on.

A significant apology to the fans would go a long way but as of now he is still a coward who won't say sorry to us for what he's done.

He's played against Hamilton, Suduva and Sevco since deciding he isn't actually injured and he's been getting lots of praise but these are not quality teams. I'm yet to be convinced he'll be good enough for the Europa League.

He is using us to keep fit until the next transfer window.

Happy to see the back of him in January if we can replace him.
spot on ! his silence does him no favours

If he would have just honoured his contract rather than listening to his agent and playing dirty tricks he would leave with everyone’s best wishes instead he like Dembele will leave with a dark cloud over his time here. Yes they both have played a vital part in our journey towards the ten but the way they have acted to force a move has left a sour taste in my mouth. Only way to redeem himself is to apologise to the fans and then keep his head down for the rest of his time here.

Members online

Latest posts

Back