Boycotts? Not yet, let’s wind it in a little for now

Good article, Niall.
Boycotts are meaningless unless you have every single supporter joining in and that will never happen. I do believe that the Green Brigade will get the supporters disappointment across to Lenny, Lawwell and the whole godamned board.

First step should be getting Park back and if PL has issues with that, he should collect his bowler hat on the way out. His ego is getting in the way of the best interests of the club.
Park back would be logical wouldn't it? That's probably why it won't happen:)
Would love to see him in the Director of Football role and Lawwell away from the scouting/recruitment etc.

we lost one game!!!!!!
True Michael ,but this ‘one game’ could/maybe turn into a few more games , having time to think on since Tuesday ,have come to the conclusion that our prob is Lennon,the latest statements coming from him do not bode well ,in my mind ,again only my view ,but a lot of other forums are the same ,sorry he is out of his depth ,unless he has a brain storm in football tactics,!today is ideal to get these other players out there ,and get a settled system ,doubt if he has the capability of rational thought ,would like to be wrong,hh

we lost one game!!!!!!
Yes we did but it was a game that was to set up out season. A money making game a game to put smiles on our faces & pride in the club, to show others that we could do the job, make a lot of money, attract better quality players a stamp for the coming season all of that but we lost, 1 game but more that that but still only a game as you said...

To be fair to Michael, I've seen us thrash the living daylights out of teams and still lose (especiallythe huns during the 90's)!!!

I know that it was different on Tuesday due to the circumstances and the stakes, but we screwed up from top-to-bottom.

It was a collective failure with the exception of three or four decent performers on the night.

As far as Niall's article goes, that's another very well thought out and constructive piece.

JamSam will hopefully verify the problems with boycotts with his experiences of industrial disputes.

The principle remains the same in both scenarios.

Unless the protest is unilateral, then it serves no purpose other than to divide us further then conquer us. It's the principles of the Roman Empire and it was effective for several centuries.

Peter has to take his head out of his arse, but so do other high profile shareholders and boardroom skulkers. I'm not sure of the illness, but boycotts rarely provide the remedy.

It’s not about one game, it’s about the same story almost every summer. From Legia Warsaw to Cluj and all the disasters in between that have cost the club hundreds of millions.

All because one arrogant man rules Celtic with an iron fist.

The failures over the past season where put to one side as anger was directed at Rodgers and thanks towards Lennon.

The failure to have any scouting system in place this year is damning for a CEO being paid huge sums of money.

The strategy of not spending until we qualify and not seeing that this flops most years is the core problem.

And that is down to one arrogant man.

Neil Lennon is our manager and he was genuinely the best we could get to work under that arrogant man.,

I supported Neil on the basis that he was best choice assuming there would be no fundamental chance.

Now though it is time for that change and all the Celtic sites, other than the one or two that are controlled, are now working together to help drive this change.

So it’s more that just about losing one game, much more.

The very minimum we need is a Director of Football with genuine control of the football department working within an agreed budget.

It’s not about one game, it’s about the same story almost every summer. From Legia Warsaw to Cluj and all the disasters in between that have cost the club hundreds of millions.

The failures over the past season where put to one side as anger was directed at Rodgers and thanks towards Lennon.

The failure to have any scouting system in place this year is damning for a CEO being paid huge sums of money.

The strategy of not spending until we qualify and not seeing that this flops most years is the core problem.

Neil Lennon is our manager and he was genuinely the best we could get to work under that arrogant man.,

I supported Neil on the basis that he was best choice assuming there would be no fundamental chance.

Now though it is time for that change and all the Celtic sites, other than the one or two that are controlled, are now working together to help drive this change.

The very minimum we need is a Director of Football with genuine control of the football department working within an agreed budget.

I would endorse that completely . This is NOT about one game , or even one person ( PL ) but the collective failure of the Board on a variety of issues over a number of years :

Res 12 ; the SFA/SPFL handing over titles ; the lack of summer investment over too many years ; the failure to communicate seriously with the fans ; ....

Time for the Board to prove that they are the people to continue to lead the Club - or else .... Well , let's not go down that road ...yet !

HH

Agree with you, David but Lenny has to be put under the spotlight as well with some of the decisions he's made.

Agree with you, David but Lenny has to be put under the spotlight as well with some of the decisions he's made.
My worry now with Lennon is he continues to align himself so closely to Lawwell he could be backing the wrong horse.
He needs to be his own man, pick who he wants and if he's not happy with recruitment just say so and be brave enough to show dissent. Otherwise he's a puppet.
With regards it being one game MD is right. It was one game for Lenny, it was one game for this season but it was a massive one to F*** up.
In terms of the bigger picture however it is far from one game, it's history repeating almost every year as we decline as a European team but we cannot allow what is happening off the field impact that team. They have a hell of an important title to go for and for them it should only be classed as one defeat and they should be supported through the dented confidence it will have resulted in.
Lawwell however is a different matter. I was of the opinion he could stay if he was put back in his box. I'm fast realising that is never going to happen. He's going to have to go.

Plenty of spaces in the stands today

HH?

Yes , Bill , most fans don't need it spelt out for them . The fans 'boycott' by not turning up of their own free will - as they did during Ronnie's time , when they had to close the top tier for Euro games . No one has to organise a boycott - people vote with their feet .
You can't pish on the fans and then tell them it is raining !

HH

Yes , Bill , most fans don't need it spelt out for them . The fans 'boycott' by not turning up of their own free will - as they did during Ronnie's time , when they had to close the top tier for Euro games . No one has to organise a boycott - people vote with their feet .
You can't pish on the fans and then tell them it is raining !

HH
Agree mate but as I found out the day you buy your season ticket , you sign up tae the ticket scheme ..... they bastards don’t care they have your dollar

Niall
Your article is excellent.
However the Celtic Blog committed to a boycott so I'm afraid to give them objectivity is wrong.
But you are right now is far from the time. Our Board and chief executive have seriously underperformed and we need to highlight that, as you do.
But we have to keep our eyes on the prize. TEN we want history.
Division will mean failure.
HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back