Breaking down Glass

Spherical Planet

I want to spend a bit of time to give my insight into Aberdeen's new boss.

I played in the same side as his older brother for 6-years and, in my opinion, Jimmy Glass had the greatest right foot I've ever had the pleasure to see kick a football. Jimmy was a footballer alright, but he never loved the game the way most folk do. Football was a hobby - something to do in your spare time when you were bored.

Jimmy played briefly at Arbroath before he pursued his genuine avenues of interest.

A beautiful footballer, a genuinely decent fella and an absolute loss to the greater good of Scottish football.

Wee sidenote which he won't thank me for, but Jimmy was a Tim when he was 10-years-old, but I'll get back to that in good time.

Jimmy's younger brother, Stephen, well he was a wee bit more enamoured with the game. He would watch his brother play and even at the age of 8/9, he was taking things in and absorbing details about all aspects of the game.

By the way, what a fine young man he was. Polite, pleasant and a joy to be around. No ego. No proclamations of greatness - just a nice, understated, pleasant fella.

He was a far better footballer than he was ever given credit for too. Might not have been vocal or assertive enough, but definitely a boy you'd want around you to dig you out of a hole.

Well done Aberdeen..........between Glass and Broonie, I think we'll see a partnership develop which might split the Glasgow clubs in the next couple of years.

One last thing...........Stephen and Jimmy's Da' (Jimmy Snr) was the linesman that wrongly flagged George McCluskey's last minute goal against Aberdeen as offside and that ended up costing us another league flag.

No skin in the game as he was an Arab through and through (his preference would've been for Celtic to win), but I'm not sure his oldest son ever forgave him.

Good luck Stevie....I hope champions league qualifying is on the cards next season.

Think Scottish football is in for a total rejuvenation overall in the coming seasons with the extra places available in European competition.
Think the sheep and hibbes will be disappointed if they couldn't reach the group stages of this new European conference league (whatever that's all about) but it will be a huge cash injection for clubs that had become idle.
5 Scottish teams in European competition next season that may increase the following season.
Looking like the sheep have a renewed lease of life and no longer seeing them remaining the push overs they had started to become, and that should apply to a few other teams also

Members online

No members online now.

Back