Brendan has accepted Leicester job.

Not sure the exact figure, but Leicester allegedly paid Celtic 6m compensation. Over a 3 year period, Brendan could make about 6m more than he makes at Celtic and be in the top league in the world so you can't blame the man for leaving. A 100% trophy success! Leaving the bigoted cheating Scottish league behind. I wish him the best of luck and a big thank you for all the great work and his achievements. Its not the end of the world. Celtic are in great shape for a new manager to continue with the success. Hail Hail

If that's the case then I have lost a lot of respect for BR. He has put money, which he has a lot of, over loyalty. Yes PL hasn't backed him but the guy signed a contract. He could have made history this season...treble treble. He could have stayed 2 more years and created a legend of himself. To fuck of into a relegation battle is very poor.

Well maybe we shouldnae hav lapped up aw that “it’s ma dream job “etc it would appear that money talks no matter how rich you are
But remember Brendan this is the club that sacked ther manager 6 months after he won them the premier league then sacked the guy that took over fae him
Then sacked the next guy who took them to 9th
And the common denominator in al this is they were stabbed in the back but the players
So best of luck wae that

If this does prove to be the parting of the waves, I will be hugely disappointed in our board if it turns out out to be lack of investment that sent BR away. I will also be disappointed in BR, a Celtic man, leaving the club at such a crucial point in the season. We'll see. HH

Hi thanks Brendan for the happy memories the Trophy ? after Trophy. These will live long in my heart. But
Enjoy relegation battles with the Backstabbers. In Scotland you were superb but in Europe even with Liverpool piss poor.
We know money talks, £6 million in the Boards pockets. We’ll spend £15 quid on a new project. Our board will screw up the 10.
It’s time to go BR hopefully we get the 10. And if your lucky you’ll keep your job but at least the pay offs are good. eyes forward don’t look behind you.
Mon the Hoops

HH ☘️

Assuming BR has accepted which is yet to be confirmed, I have a bad feeling the board will appoint Moyes.

If he does leave now, for me it shows cowardice, and gives a real insight into his character.

If it was the summer, I would have wished him the very best, especially if he came out and was honest, and said Lawwell/the board weren’t backing him/allowing him to move the club forward the way he wanted.

Nothing the board do surprise me, and bottom line I don’t trust them, but Brendan Rodgers(if he does leave, now) has ruined his legacy.

We have to make sure we spend whatever it takes to get the very best manager we can, he is by far the most important person at any club.

The problem is the timing, we might have to take a stopgap until the summer.

I’m gutted though.

I am trying to work out BR's logic here other than money. One thread could be that he doesn't think he will be offered any of the big jobs straight from Celtic so feels he has to prove himself in the EPL again as a step towards one of the so called dream jobs. Whatever, disappointed as I will be, we are Celtic, we move on.

I have serious reservations over anything being reported by Murdoch's hacks.

If this does transpire to be true, then BR has committed the worst act of shitting the bed since judas in 89!

Welcome to the world of mid-table mediocrity, Brendan.

Goodbye immortality, hello Mr. Bank Manager!

The board have taken some kickings and, in many cases, deservedly so. I don't believe that this is on them though, BR oft repeats the mantra that he is his own man, whatever decision is taken here will be his and his alone.

I can't work myself into a lather about it as it was bound to happen at some time or other. I'm just shocked he would go to a wee diddy, struggling team like Leicester.

Get the cheque book out, Pedro and get Stevie Clarke installed, he could be a Celtic great.

If he does leave now, for me it shows cowardice, and gives a real insight into his character.

If it was the summer, I would have wished him the very best, especially if he came out and was honest, and said Lawwell/the board weren’t backing him/allowing him to move the club forward the way he wanted.

Nothing the board do surprise me, and bottom line I don’t trust them, but Brendan Rodgers(if he does leave, now) has ruined his legacy.

We have to make sure we spend whatever it takes to get the very best manager we can, he is by far the most important person at any club.

The problem is the timing, we might have to take a stopgap until the summer.

I’m gutted though.

Completely agree with all you say here.

I can also see a stop gap being put in place...which leaves us open to a JK or NL coming in, doing ok and keeping the job.

On the other side of things, dependant on picking the right man, this could be a blessing in disguise.

I know he hasn’t been backed like we’d hoped but the dross he brought in at times was ridiculous. Europe was never good.

If whoever comes in can improve those two things, we’re flying.

This could be make or break for the 10 though.

Members online

Latest posts

Back