Brendan resisted the temptation...

Everyone assumes Broony should start at Mordor but I'm starting to wonder... Dynamo Govan are not much better than Hearts or Killie and less physical than half the teams in the league.

Perhaps we should just play our own game with the three musketeers in the centre and then bring Broony on to shore it up when we've done the damage. There are more than a few important games before that, however...
As usual, sound advice. An insightful post ma'am, hats off.

???

It would have been easy for Brendan to play Scott Brown from the start today but imo he made the right decision not to.

I do think though that SB will start against the Huns on the 29th all things being equal.

What do you all think?
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Although watchin Broony boss the manky mob is always worthwhile. A dilemma for BR. We can just watch and enjoy their pain.
HH

... watchin Broony boss the manky mob is always worthwhile.

Watching McGregor do his Pirlo impression while Tam and Christie tear their defence asunder would be good fun too.

They haven't played a team like us since the last time they played us - even their European opponents have been pretty pathetic - and we weren't really firing at that stage. We'll make them look like Hamilton.

It would have been easy for Brendan to play Scott Brown from the start today but imo he made the right decision not to.

I do think though that SB will start against the Huns on the 29th all things being equal.

What do you all think?

But things are NEVER equal between us and the HUNS

1 We are not racists bigots and scumbags
2 We are a better side
3 We don't keep getting our players red carded
4 We win league's and trophies
5 We OFFICIALLY have the best fans in the world
6 we don't attack opposition fans (or even our own)
7 we have millions in the bank and are not getting by on soft loans from directors we stick to FFP rules
8 our major shareholder isn't being dragged through the courts every week
9 We don't need to pawn parts of our stadium as collateral for crisis loans
10 We have a sustainable line of credit
11 We didn't have to play a European Qualifier wearing Training Kits
12 We've never been relegated
13 The only EBT we ever got involved in was immediately cancelled and the player was remunerated properly
14 We don't send letters of complaint about referees performances to the SFA though God knows we have the grounds to
15 We've been the best team in Europe
16 Our Hoops are instantly recognisable and are often seen being sported worldwide
17 We have a bigger and better stadium
18 when we top the table we stay there for longer than 3 days even when we don't"t have games in hand
19 our manager doesn't look for excuses for defeats and dropped points
20 We have more celebrity fans .........

Billy Connolly Susan Boyle Martin Compston
Rod Stewart James McAvoy Gerrard Butler
John Higgins Jennifer Love Hewitt The Gallaghers Hoopy The Huddle Hound
The Corrs Kevin Bridges to name a few

Oh and I DO think that BROONY will start against the HUNS Just for his DIG if for no other reason

HH?

Good call today by BR.

Killie were always going to sit in, be compact, allow Calmac time on the ball.

Broon's steel and drive not required.

But Broon must start on the 29th.

From the whistle, the Sevco animals will be scuttling about the park like excited Gremlins. The stadium will be gimped-up to the max with 50,000 frothing , hate-blinded monkey bigots screaming for Fenian blood.

Imagine, from the comfort of your chair or pub, what it must be like to exist in a world of noise fuelled by hate, directed at YOU, knowing there's NOTHING between you and thousands of barely self-restrained psychos who may be but a gesture - a smile even, - or a few goals away from physically attacking you; as they have done in the past.

Not many men could take it. But Broon can, does, and has.

His shoulders will be big enough to draw the hate and thrive on it. His very presence will be the focus for the goat-pumpers' frenzy and will give our players respite, a chance to think and play, knowing their captain can take on the whole army of darkness himself and feed off their insanity.

There may be more cultured players some prefer to drool over when they spout pish about 'total football' but there are few better CELTIC players to fill the Hoops when the hour of need comes around.

Good call today by BR.

From the whistle, the Sevco animals will be scuttling about the park like excited Gremlins. The stadium will be gimped-up to the max with 50,000 frothing , hate-blinded monkey bigots screaming for Fenian blood.

Imagine, from the comfort of your chair or pub, what it must be like to exist in a world of noise fuelled by hate, directed at YOU, knowing there's NOTHING between you and thousands of barely self-restrained psychos who may be but a gesture - a smile even, - or a few goals away from physically attacking you; as they have done in the past.

His shoulders will be big enough to draw the hate and thrive on it. His very presence will be the focus for the goat-pumpers' frenzy and will give our players respite, a chance to think and play, knowing their captain can take on the whole army of darkness himself and feed off their insanity.

There may be more cultured players some prefer to drool over when they spout pish about 'total football' but there are few better CELTIC players to fill the Hoops when the hour of need comes around.

He is 1 Million % pure MAN.

Well acknowledged and he is a better footballer than the credit he’s received off late, in my mere humble opinion.

HH ☘️

Last edited by a moderator:
We do definitely move the ball quicker when he’s out the team but he’s a true professional and accepts that what BR is doing is for the good of the club.Usually in the old auld firm games it was horses for courses,certain players always done a job and Broony is one of them.Other than the Scottish cup semi in 2016 he hasn’t put a foot wrong against sevco and he’ll defo do the same again on the 29th if he’s playing.But if BR feels he can trust the players to do a job without him then he won’t shirk the decision that’s why he gets the big bucks.It might depend on what Broony’s doing next season,if he’s made his decision then that could play a big part on if he’ll play or not.HH

But things are NEVER equal between us and the HUNS

1 We are not racists bigots and scumbags
2 We are a better side
3 We don't keep getting our players red carded
4 We win league's and trophies
5 We OFFICIALLY have the best fans in the world
6 we don't attack opposition fans (or even our own)
7 we have millions in the bank and are not getting by on soft loans from directors we stick to FFP rules
8 our major shareholder isn't being dragged through the courts every week
9 We don't need to pawn parts of our stadium as collateral for crisis loans
10 We have a sustainable line of credit
11 We didn't have to play a European Qualifier wearing Training Kits
12 We've never been relegated
13 The only EBT we ever got involved in was immediately cancelled and the player was remunerated properly
14 We don't send letters of complaint about referees performances to the SFA though God knows we have the grounds to
15 We've been the best team in Europe
16 Our Hoops are instantly recognisable and are often seen being sported worldwide
17 We have a bigger and better stadium
18 when we top the table we stay there for longer than 3 days even when we don't"t have games in hand
19 our manager doesn't look for excuses for defeats and dropped points
20 We have more celebrity fans .........

Billy Connolly Susan Boyle Martin Compston
Rod Stewart James McAvoy Gerrard Butler
John Higgins Jennifer Love Hewitt The Gallaghers Hoopy The Huddle Hound
The Corrs Kevin Bridges to name a few

Oh and I DO think that BROONY will start against the HUNS Just for his DIG if for no other reason

HH?
For any hun lurkers I must qualify point 12. As you will appreciate, Rangers didn't get relegated either. It died and Sevco took its place starting at the bottom.

Last edited:
Im still amused/perturbed that scott is still being discussed.

Calmac is attacking but can move the ball quicker cause he picks it up further than SB.

SB was not to blame the other night so constant talk of hoping he won’t play due to the pace of the youngsters is great for them but unfair on broony given the fact thst now this is all the media are banging on about now.

C’mon we know the score BR will call the team he see’s fit to play and will have an idea of the differences in pace/experience that he thinks is required.

Lets not give people unworthy of Broony’s service to us any right to comment for what he has done for Celtic far out-weighs anything the smsm has ever done for Celtic.

I appreciate that its a forum so whilst i don’t want to stifle opinion this is just how i see it

HH ☘️

Hi Maria

Sorry I should have been clearer.

I wasnt trying to imply SB should permanently move aside as his time is over.....I was more coming from the angle that he could be used a bit more sparingly to prolong his services to the cause.

Keep him fresh for certain games that really matter and to tactically shore things up when needed.

Long may Scott Brown wear the famous green and white hoops. (y)

We need Broony to lead us at Ibroke on the 29th for sure ...so between now and then just need to keep his physical and match fitness up by using as and when needed this can be done by game time in various upcoming games

Hi Maria

Sorry I should have been clearer.

I wasnt trying to imply SB should permanently move aside as his time is over.....I was more coming from the angle that he could be used a bit more sparingly to prolong his services to the cause.

Keep him fresh for certain games that really matter and to tactically shore things up when needed.

Long may Scott Brown wear the famous green and white hoops. (y)

Not at all pal, i understand where you and others are coming from, i really do.

I just hate giving smsm any reason to shit on any of our bhoys let alone our captain who they are not fit to lace his boots imho.

HH Imatim ??

Good call today by BR.

That Sir, was a cracking post ??

If you take into consideration the feeling towards brown at the end of deilas time and the transformation since, to think that him and Rodgers never discussed this over that famous dinner is ridiculous. They are both legends of our club that have our club at heart so I'm sure they will transition absolutely fine and sure that both will be buzzing with the possible heir! Proper manager proper captain HH

Members online

Back