Brendan Rodgers: Hypocrite?

I always suspected verisimilitude was concomitant with Pints of Stella in a pusillanimous self love supported by superfluous rancour inspired by unsubstantiated whataboutery based on hearsay.

Therefore i try to stick to verifiable knowledge unless Im being facetious using satirical sarcasm.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The alternative view could be this is Lawwell getting this story out there to deflect from his abomination of a summer transfer window and try to turn the support against Rodgers before he leaves and the support blame him. I don’t think Rodgers will be at Celtic Park next season, the reason being the CEO and his perceived lack of backing, and I think the board know this.

I always suspected verisimilitude was concomitant with Pints of Stella in a pusillanimous self love supported by superfluous rancour inspired by unsubstantiated whataboutery based on hearsay.

Therefore i try to stick to verifiable knowledge unless Im being facetious using satirical sarcasm.

leave stella out of it TET!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tet , I do agree that your grandiloquent outpourings tend to the facetious with a smidgeon of satire. Your eloquence far surpasses my meagre contributions to this esteemed site. I tug my forelock , like a subservient hun , to your superior scribblings. ??

Personally I think the massive operation costs and deadwood sitting in the squad has had few effects .
1 Requirement to tighten the first team squad before additions can be made
2 Lack of replacements for players that need to be boosted until they have been boosted. - Buying new players before you sell your duffers has knock on effect on the sales value of the duffers and further enlarges the squad.
3 Money in the bank looks healthy for purchases but first team purchases that are genuine higher quality than current first team players come with pedigree beyond our current players which in this stupid market costs a lot more than the risks of buying these players. Also the knock on effects on paying much better players much higher wages both knocks the operation costs even higher into risky territory and can potentially annoy current players who don't get the high wages of the new supposedly higher grade purchase. Example if Dembele can get 100K per week a player of similar quality with same pedigree already at club who signed new contract at 20K might be heartily annoyed that he didn't leave for higher wages but guy gets the better wage. Not very ethical.
4 If the market is broken due to subsidised clubs being able to ramp up wages then getting better quality players becomes very very risky. If they are actually better players why come for our low wages when they can get 100K elsewhere.

My personal conclusions are the operation costs are so high last season the squad needs to be refreshed with new players only after the squad has been gutted of non value added players. Which isn't what fans want to hear when it looks like we have large cash liquidity. But that liquidity should never be used for non value added players both on off the pitch. And while the subsidised clubs have massive buying power then adding real value both on/off the pitch is very very difficult the stronger your team actually gets.

And i genuinely think this is the reason the club didn't manage to add the value on the pitch in summer. Because sadly the value added on the pitch comes at the cost of massive risk off the pitch. Rodgers understand this but his previous signing haven't really added much on or off the pitch with strong track record. He can spot value for the pitch but unless they add real value to the club going forward both on/off the pitch the signing or new players will always be blocked while operation costs are equal or above operational income.

Bound to be unpopular view but still I think it is valid both in football terms and business sense.

Last edited:
Tet , I do agree that your grandiloquent outpourings tend to the facetious with a smidgeon of satire. Your eloquence far surpasses my meagre contributions to this esteemed site. I tug my forelock , like a subservient hun , to your superior scribblings. ??

Most of the time I don't even have clue what I'm talking about. So id rather be known as the idiot. As deep down its much closer to the truth.

But I thank you kindly for the nice compliment

This was posted on John James site. A well known plagiarist and Media House tout. According to the font of all knowledge JJ ,this was based on a podcast by Harry Brady.
Now I don't know too much about Mr Brady but this narrative doesn't seem to me to have much credibility.
Ok Brendan may have received an offer from China but I don't believe that he would disclose the terms of said offer. Dembele to go with him ? Extremely dubious. The whole story just seems too implausible and reeks of Lawwell spin.
The best lies have a grain of truth in them after all but I think that Harry Brady has been used to give the story some verisimilitude.( Been dying to use that word for ages ha ha )
Hail hail
I like the Lawell spin angle . Rumours start from somewhere .. PL in my opinion will be fired if we don’t get 8 inaro .. and BR has successfully placed him in the firing line
Interesting .. is he leaking this type of stuff and assorted tall tales as some of it is coming from very good sources

Personally I think the massive operation costs and deadwood sitting in the squad has had few effects .
1 Requirement to tighten the first team squad before additions can be made
2 Lack of replacements for players that need to be boosted until they have been boosted. - Buying new players before you sell your duffers has knock on effect on the sales value of the duffers and further enlarges the squad.
3 Money in the bank looks healthy for purchases but first team purchases that are genuine higher quality than current first team players come with pedigree beyond our current players which in this stupid market costs a lot more than the risks of buying these players. Also the knock on effects on paying much better players much higher wages both knocks the operation costs even higher into risky territory and can potentially annoy current players who don't get the high wages of the new supposedly higher grade purchase. Example if Dembele can get 100K per week a player of similar quality with same pedigree already at club who signed new contract at 20K might be heartily annoyed that he didn't leave for higher wages but guy gets the better wage. Not very ethical.
4 If the market is broken due to subsidised clubs being able to ramp up wages then getting better quality players becomes very very risky. If they are actually better players why come for our low wages when they can get 100K elsewhere.

My personal conclusions are the operation costs are so high last season the squad needs to be refreshed with new players only after the squad has been gutted of non value added players. Which isn't what fans want to hear when it looks like we have large cash liquidity. But that liquidity should never be used for non value added players both on off the pitch. And while the subsidised clubs have massive buying power then adding real value both on/off the pitch is very very difficult the stronger your team actually gets.

And i genuinely think this is the reason the club didn't manage to add the value on the pitch in summer. Because sadly the value added on the pitch comes at the cost of massive risk off the pitch. Rodgers understand this but his previous signing haven't really added much on or off the pitch with strong track record. He can spot value for the pitch but unless they add real value to the club going forward both on/off the pitch the signing or new players will always be blocked while operation costs are equal or above operational income.

Bound to be unpopular view but still I think it is valid both in football terms and business sense.

Good synopsis!
Where we are failing and part of the way out of this crisis is to ensure brilliant young players are queuing up and kicking the door down from the academy .. 2/3 KTs .. that will help reduce the risk big time so that we are less dependent on expensive imports
We haven’t ANYONE ready to step
Up apart from Johnston and he looks seriously lightweight
I understand the pipeline ain’t too clever .. KD apart and he is 2/3 years away.....
Who is fixing that problem?

My take on it is this.......I don't give a monkeys either way, true or false. I would never repeat such a tale which could be so undermining to our interests. Whosoever publishes this shit should be ignored reviled and shat upon from a great height. I was never a great follower of Mr Brady , colour me gone.

Calm Doon !
your basis for this outburst is what exactly?

Clarity is always best. No sure exactly what load Kakhand is referring to but it is possible he was just generally expressing his opinion on everything that has ever been said in the entire history of opinions.

But unless s/he gets a little more specific I tend to agree with him. Thats why I'm gripping onto my keyboard just incase it flies around the room

My basis is the media r an absolute disgrace,they r shameless

Not sure its even been released by Media. But I agree with you about MSM.
Harry Brady? Not sure he is any more reliable source than MSM tbh.

Unless it is releibale source I tend to suspect its just malicious conjecture. Possibly true but Im sure if it had any truth in it the real MSM would love that story on their front page. So I personally think its not very likely to be useful.

Members online

Latest posts

Back