Brendan Rodgers

Rodgers was good for celtic no manager stays at one club more than 5 years.it's a 2 way thing if he's doing well great hope he stays but if he's doing crap he'll be lucky if hes thier for 1 season.Rodgers and the board hit a brick wall we all know our board had thier media people out pretty quick. The fans were in shock because thier was a few story's floating about that he was leaving I think it was a couple of days before he left I think it was the boards pet hacks got it out thier then he left if he'd a been a crap manager no one would be talking about him now but he was a good one and he done very well for us I don't hate him I'm glad we had him.

Right here we go....he has the name the snake because he crept oot through the nicht.....I think there is more to it....The transfers....Mcginn scenario etc......Well I for one think he was good for us, and there is no way anyone can say different......You just have to look at what he did with us....Brendan Rodgers did his best for Celtic...He came to us for a reason....And he delivered......Yes, he left, but he left with the team on top.....We all know now that Lennon was the wrong choice......It is the board we should be critical of, not Brendan Rodgers......He gave us the team that won the quad/treble and for that we should respect him and not call him a snake.....

I'm sure a lot will disagree....but me....I would take him as a manager any day......In time to come.....He will be remembered as one of the best Celtic managers of all time.......
I mean no disrespect Lennono but you could go and support him at whatever is his boyhood club this week..... This is a Celtic forum and he is gone.... almost forgotten until you bring it all back up. Th taught Celtic how to play side to side and backward.

Well he stated quite clearly that he didn't know or need the Ukrainian winger. So that is 1 player we know he definitely didn't want.
It's a manager he loses his job through results. So any manager worth his salt wouldn't put up with shite like that.
Yes

strange interview that one

But he was working his ticket imo.

His purchases were pretty ordinary for value for money, and i suspect trust on his judgement with other peoples money was low since he frittered money for fun. Most of his actual signing were overhyped and hardly ever got much gametime. So i dont think shved was much different to his other signings.

cash burner

short term success if he has more money than his opposition followed by turmoil when the cash burning needs addressed

Yes he was a good manager in the spfl, but his pigheadedness infuriated me, like trying to go toe to toe with the big teams, like Barcelona and PSG, I NEVER want to see us take a gubbing, sometimes you need to park the bus, also the insistence of play out from the back, resulting in defenders playing passes inside the 18yard box, just howf it clear, but worst of all was leaving us in the lurch going for 10iar, a thing that will never be repeated, a chance of history, he said he was a Celtic fan, his boyhood team……not a FECKEN chance…..😡

Last edited:
Everything we know now about PL, DD, the board in general, imo, gives a wee bit of insight into why BR did WHAT he did WHEN he did, but its HOW he did it that most of us can’t stomach.
But it in no way changes the fact that he brought us some of the greatest times this club has ever seen, and I am in no doubt whatsoever he would have delivered 10IAR.
How he left will never impact those achievements and he absolutely deserves credit for it.
Many many clubs have managers leave under a cloud having achieved nothing, we have players who have hamstrung the club to engineer a way out, downing tools for months to get what they want, thats as bad if not worse.
Let’s just say if BR was invited back to paradise, I would applaud him.
We’re better than that, we’re Celtic fans.

Some very strongly held opinions in this thread from my fellow Noisers. That's absolutely brilliant. Wouldn't have it any other way. For what it's worth, I'm delighted with BR's time at the club. Europe apart of course.
I actually believe him when he says he was a Celtic supporter while growing up. As for him choosing to leave, well, like anybody in any kind of employment, it was his absolute right to make that choice.
Like the majority of us I wasn't too happy with his timing, of course. However, as is always the case, there's two sides to every story. Also got to say, any inference that he is some kind of failure down the road is codswallop. He is no longer our gaffer, and so I don't have any great interest in him now. Neither do I wish him I'll, or think he's a snake. Being our gaffer can be a very unforgiving experience. HH

Had Rodgers stayed three months longer, and completed the treble treble, he would have left lauded by the majority of the support. Its the fact he left mid season, and tried to take the whole of the backroom staff with him, that still rankles with many.
He was/is an excellent manager but he probably has a 3 year shelf life at any club. Expect him to depart Leicester soon, the Saudi billions at Newcastle will appeal to his ego.
He was always going to leave once Lawwell completely undermined him by not getting his transfer targets in the summer window of 2018. McGinn, Piccini & Schar were all lined up and deals not concluded. The immediate fall out of that was losing to AEK but the longer term fall out was him leaving.
He left us a well oiled winning machine (domestically), so well oiled it took Lennon 18 months to destroy it.

I think rony deila woulda done even better his 3rd season if he had the bank roll rodgers got and i think he woulda done it without creating havoc and sending club on downward longterm trajectory

in fact rodgers gets all the ronnie credits

And lenny gets all the rodgers fallout plus his own

Amazing how rats know when to bail out just in time :p:p:p:p:p
I think that’s spot on Ronnie did a lot of work bringing on the younger players and Rodgers got the benefit and credit just like I think MON was lucky to have inherited Larsson in his best years I think if Ronnie had a stayed a few years he would have built a really good team cheaply and made a healthy profit in transfers. MON did get us to a Euro final but he spent a fair bit too

Right here we go....he has the name the snake because he crept oot through the nicht.....I think there is more to it....The transfers....Mcginn scenario etc......Well I for one think he was good for us, and there is no way anyone can say different......You just have to look at what he did with us....Brendan Rodgers did his best for Celtic...He came to us for a reason....And he delivered......Yes, he left, but he left with the team on top.....We all know now that Lennon was the wrong choice......It is the board we should be critical of, not Brendan Rodgers......He gave us the team that won the quad/treble and for that we should respect him and not call him a snake.....

I'm sure a lot will disagree....but me....I would take him as a manager any day......In time to come.....He will be remembered as one of the best Celtic managers of all time.......
That time has already come lennono he is already one othe best Celtic managers of all time..
We dont need to debate why he left,he left for the same reason most people leave Celtic...more money and lots of it,and he will do the same again if Newcastle come knocking or Barca etc.
I also believe Lawwell made it so very easy for B.R. to walk away from us by his lying and cheating behind B.R.s back as he has done so many times behind our backs..and I believe if the stories about Dom McKay are true he is still doing it..

HH

Lenny having another go at under performers,,I wonder what he see,s when he looks in the mirror.

Earlier today he told us that he recognised some players did not want to play for Celtic during the 10 IAR season,,we saw that also but unlike Lennon we had no control over them,what I would like to know is if he knew this was the case why did he keep playing these people such as Eddy,Christie,and Ajer when he was not playing for himself..its a pity deflection is not a sport,Lenny would have won Deflector of the month regularly..

HH

"I would die for Leicester" is what Rodgers said when interviewed. Until he gets a better offer to die for someone with more money. He was gonna leave Celtic for China and tried to take Big Moussa with him too.
What a fucking stupid thing to say. Who in the right mind would die for their work, unless you are in the armed forces.
I refuse to even break sweat for my work 🤣

Members online

Latest posts

Back