Bring Back 442?

Gary67

Looking at the players we have, would a 442 be better just now?
We could play
Barkas
Elhamed Duffy Ajer Laxalt
Christie Turnbull McGregor Elyounoussi
Ajeti Edouard

The middle 4 could be flat with wide players or as a diamond with McGregor/Elyounoussi at the base/tip
Others could then fit into this system once fit, Forrest on the right wing, Johnston on the left, Griffiths/Klimala as back up strikers, Jullien at CH, Frimpong/Taylor as full backs, Rogic at the point of a diamond etc.

We don't have the players to play in the 352 the manager wants to play, we have the players to play a 442 but the workmate, effort, attitude would need to improve greatly no matter what the formation is.

We could play
Barkas
Ajeti Edouard

The middle 4 could be flat with wide players or as a diamond with McGregor/Elyounoussi at the base/tip
Others could then fit into this system once fit, Forrest on the right wing, Johnston on the left, Griffiths/Klimala as back up strikers, Jullien at CH, Frimpong/Taylor as full backs, Rogic at the point of a diamond etc.

We don't have the players to play in the 352 the manager wants to play, we have the players to play a 442 but the workmate, effort, attitude would need to improve greatly no matter what the formation is.
Couldn't agree more, although I'd move CalMac or RC to the left side and bench Ely.

I think you can move Frimpong up one place to the right mid too. He's linked quite well with Hatem when he's played there.

It gives us more options and plays to our strengths. Defenders have to defend and creative players have to create. It's not quantum physics.

Couldn't agree more, although I'd move CalMac or RC to the left side and bench Ely.

I think you can move Frimpong up one place to the right mid too. He's linked quite well with Hatem when he's played there.

It gives us more options and plays to our strengths. Defenders have to defend and creative players have to create. It's not quantum physics.
This is the job of the manager to settle on what formation and style of play he wants, and the players to follow suit.
There has to be competition for places for which we have, and if a player don't preform he gets dropped until he gets his chance again. You will need player rotation especially with europa league, not fucking guessing games which is what we are seeing now.
As much as I called for a change last Christmas as regarding formation maybe a change is needed, as I fail to see how broony and duffers can play in the same team formation which keeps a solid look about it

Barkas in goal..ffs are you all blind?..I've no seen the guy making a fkn save yet.

Personally i would rather see an auld Pakie Bonner making a come back than have that guy..at best he'd miybe get a game for Albion Rovers..that's if their first team goalie is injured..he's never in a million years Celtic class.

Barkas in goal..ffs are you all blind?..I've no seen the guy making a fkn save yet.

Personally i would rather see an auld Pakie Bonner making a come back than have that guy..at best he'd miybe get a game for Albion Rovers..that's if their first team goalie is injured..he's never in a million years Celtic class.
Not in the fucking humour for you today ya orange bastard, so fuck off and do your shit stirring elsewhere wanker

We could play
Barkas
Ajeti Edouard

Gary the job's yours pal. You start in the morning.👍

We could play
Barkas
Ajeti Edouard

Yes without a doubt

We could play
Barkas
Ajeti Edouard

I'd take that team all day long with the exception of elyounoussi. Hopefully Johnston can get fit and stay fit,that should sort that out. Great shout with the rest of the post. I'm glad you didn't include ntcham (fkn imposter). I've been in lennys corner from day one but if we lose to Aberdeen it'll be time to think about a replacement I'm afraid. Still believe we've got enough quality to win this but definitely something amiss in the dressing room atm. Hh

That was Broony's 5th booking of the season so does anyone know when his domestic suspension kicks in? Will he be available for the Aberdeen game or will it begin after this (for some reason there is often a delay before it starts)?
I was under the impression it was an automatic 1 match as it is in England, but I am not to sure. What it dose tell us 5 bookings in 10 games for which most of we had total domination shows just how much off the pace broony really is, that split second is the difference between winning a challenge and a booking, mind you he is always going to be the easiest target for the klan mib's

I was under the impression it was an automatic 1 match as it is in England, but I am not to sure. What it dose tell us 5 bookings in 10 games for which most of we had total domination shows just how much off the pace broony really is, that split second is the difference between winning a challenge and a booking, mind you he is always going to be the easiest target for the klan mib's
OK - as I thought he will be missing against the sheepies. He has been a fraction slower but a couple of his bookings were ridiculous. On Sunday there were a couple of sevco players let off with repeated fouling, finally one gets booked and the very next Celtic foul resulted on Beaton "evening things out" so Broony got booked for his first foul which was a nothing incident. But he has enough experience to know this will happen so should have kept his nose clean for the next 5 minutes.

Last edited:

I think it’s fair to say that Scott gets booked for challenges whereby others don’t.....it’s a badge of honour for the MIB to book the Celtic captain.....apparently they have a wee competition going between themselves to see who can card him the most.....and meanwhile the hammer throwers are free to do as they please when it comes to Celtic.

By the way has Morelos been cited yet for slapping Broonie on Saturday?

Back