Broony? Just why??

Brimcbhoy

I feel this needs its own thread. Ive watched it about a hundred time now and I still cant think of an answer.
Its the kind of thing we've seen Morelos do, then again he usually gets away with it, but with Collum being the MIB?
I dont know if the Livi player had a nip at Brown but he had only been on 5 mins so hardly seems likely. Brown actually cant wait for the player to collide with him and takes a step back to meet him, a wee back heel then the spin Jackie Chan would have been proud of.
All while McGregor is skipping up field with the ball!
With NLs raging outburst and now our Capitano losing the plot, what the F### happened in Dubai? Wasn't anger management classes thats for sure.
Who are these guys? And what have they done with the real Celtic?

Think back to the last hun game Bri, Broon came on about 15 minutes left, we needed to get control of the midfield, we desperately needed a goal, exactly the same situation as last night, but he went straight to work trying to wind up the gruffalo. Love Broony and all he's done for us but if that's all he's got left in the locker his times up im afraid. 😿

Think back to the last hun game Bri, Broon came on about 15 minutes left, we needed to get control of the midfield, we desperately needed a goal, exactly the same situation as last night, but he went straight to work trying to wind up the gruffalo. Love Broony and all he's done for us but if that's all he's got left in the locker his times up im afraid. 😿
True. Someone said he looks a frustrated man. Thats true too. I'd say angry, no way he would have been so blatant about that a couple of years ago. Unless NL told him to do it?

True. Someone said he looks a frustrated man. Thats true too. I'd say angry, no way he would have been so blatant about that a couple of years ago. Unless NL told him to do it?
When Broon was interviewed yesterday or the day before he was talking about Sorro's pace and admitted that his legs had gone (more or less) cant be easy going into battle knowing that you're essentially hobbled, maybe that's whats causing the frustration?

Love what Boony has done for us over the years but he's just one of the jigsaw pieces that hasn't fitted in to the overall picture.

He's from a different era to McNeill I suppose but he couldn't hold a candle to Billy when it comes to leading with class and dignity.

I'm fed up with his growing inability to win without some level of respectability.

He'll still go down as a phenomenal servant to the club and one of our best leaders but, he needs to be very careful not to take the shine off his reputation.

HH guys. 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

Love what Boony has done for us over the years but he's just one of the jigsaw pieces that hasn't fitted in to the overall picture.

He's from a different era to McNeill I suppose but he couldn't hold a candle to Billy when it comes to leading with class and dignity.

I'm fed up with his growing inability to win without some level of respectability.

He'll still go down as a phenomenal servant to the club and one of our best leaders but, he needs to be very careful not to take the shine off his reputation.

HH guys. 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬
I think that ship sailed last night, Khenny.

Brown is finished and shouldn't even be on the bench anymore. Lockdown for 3 months has probably finished him off, a 35 year old whose mobility has gone isn't going to gain any benefit from sitting in the house for that period of time.
I said pretty much the same very early on in the season. It is just so much harder to keep playing as you get older - some of the highly skilled players or smart defenders can keep going for longer, but for someone reliant on their physical attributes it becomes very hard. I believe if things had been normal and he'd played up to the end of May, had 3 weeks off and restarted again he'd be fine now but that extended lay off without playing has taken its toll. It is sad to see an old warrior being beaten by the youngsters but it happens to everyone - he's not yet latter-years rope-a-dope Mohamed Ali, but he is struggling.

I’m not going to slaughter Broony for last night. I thought as he went off he looked done - that the realisation had hit him that he’d finally come up against the opponent we all can’t beat - time.
Somebody needs to take control of this situation - whether that is Lawwell or Dermot - because Lenny and Broony, club legends - I want to see them going out with at least a little dignity because the more this car crash season goes on the less chance there is if that happening.

I suppose I'm gonna sound like some kind of sports psychologist here, but I think it's beginning to look like the malaise we've witnessed this season has extended to the players psyche. Even our good players are unrecognisable at times. Their lack of belief is there for all to see. Brown will always be a legend in my eyes, but going on what happened last night, I think perhaps the frustration he's feeling led to him letting himself and the team down.

Mental moment fae Broonie, frustrated probably, expecting to be clattered defo, watched his team mates fouled and just accept it yip.

Seen refs allow a lot worse all season and thought it was okay, naw thats just me thinking that bit.

Anyhoo moment of madness and frustration, still done more in his 30sec cameo than Christie and Duffy combined. And while I'm on a rant, what the fek is it with the Greek Tragedy in goals.

Mental moment fae Broonie, frustrated probably, expecting to be clattered defo, watched his team mates fouled and just accept it yip.

Seen refs allow a lot worse all season and thought it was okay, naw thats just me thinking that bit.

Anyhoo moment of madness and frustration, still done more in his 30sec cameo than Christie and Duffy combined. And while I'm on a rant, what the fek is it with the Greek Tragedy in goals.
Taking your point about Barkas - it’s a weird one. I can’t think of any goals where he’s thrown it in or look at ones he should have saved. Pretty much all of the goals I can recall he’s had no chance because of the keystone cops defending in front of him. It’s a bit chicken and egg - is he not inspiring confidence in his defence which is leading them to defend badly or is the terrible defending leading to him losing confidence cause he’s being given no chance to make saves.

Personally I think it’s the latter but I will hold my hand up and say that I am (or was) a fully paid up member of the Goalkeepers Union!

Apparently Barkas has faced 6 shots on target in his last 4 games and conceded 4 goals, absolutely fucking gash! To be honest I can't recall the two that he did stop.

Apparently Barkas has faced 6 shots on target in his last 4 games and conceded 4 goals, absolutely fucking gash! To be honest I can't recall the two that he did stop.
He dosen't like to get his purple strip dirty ,,,what a waste of £5m

on Broony i thought the guy had raked his ankle just before he decked him could be wrong cos didn't have a good stream to watch it on

He dosen't like to get his purple strip dirty ,,,what a waste of £5m

on Broony i thought the guy had raked his ankle just before he decked him could be wrong cos didn't have a good stream to watch it on
The Livi youngster tugged him back a couple of times but I never noticed any raking of his ankle.

I think the only thing I can say in Barkas's favour is that his - and the rest of our keepers this season - have such a shockingly low % saved is possibly because the shots we are allowing are so often from such a close range due to appalling defending.

The Livi youngster tugged him back a couple of times but I never noticed any raking of his ankle.

I think the only thing I can say in Barkas's favour is that his - and the rest of our keepers this season - have such a shockingly low % saved is possibly because the shots we are allowing are so often from such a close range due to appalling defending.
I tend to agree that it's difficult to give him a true assessment because of our defensive shortcomings.

Only broony himself can explain why he done such an idiotic action last night. Has been around long enough to have known better but it has been something that he has also had within his locker also.
Again broony has been mismanaged as should have only really been used as the man to see a game out while coasting to victory not in trying to chase a game.
With lennys totally bizarre subs as usual could it have been a case of the captain sending a message to the manager, if your not interested in winning this match then either am I?
Another incident in a season that makes no sense whatsoever

Latest posts

Back