Burke

Why not call West Broms bluff and offer 5m now before the January window ends, otherwise why develop another teams player when we have players of our own who would benefit from game time development?

Doubt they would write off 12 million. But like your thinking.

He adds an option in few positions and in theory at least should be more consistently reliable given his experience and pedigree than some of the options we have at club already.

I agree that we have some talent that wont be getting game time due to this loan move.

But while the market for players is hyper inflated, then loaning in some of these players should strengthen the squad, test their ability to cope at CP, and keep the squad pedigree high.

If we could get him for 5M then i think he would both add value to the squad and first team options without excessively risking capital.

The hyper inflation in the player values due to the subsidising of certain leagues has created this neo-football culture of laon farming by the super wealthy clubs, where they have no intention of ever playing these players. I suspect its some kind of tax dodge as well.

This hyper inflation, in my opinion, is one of the reasons Sevco are not already bursted completely. Hyper infaltion allows the dilution and paying back of massive loans in short period of time by investing the loans in a hyper inflation market.

Now if the markets, generally, were hyper inflated then it would be lunacy. But since this one particular market (quality football players) has been hyper inflated while the general markets are not as inflated then you can in theory create an arbitrage system.

You take loans from the non inflated markets, invest heavily in the hyper inflated market and if you add value to the stock (in this case the football players) then you can quickly pay off those massive loans by buying smart and selling fast into rthe inflated market.

Trouble is Sevco are run by criminal, and they are holding the brand of a defunct toxic brand that they paid 1 pound. But if they can convince the market that that defunct brand is still value added then with a few good buy/sell in quick succession you have paid off the debts and without investing your own cash now have a healthy business with possiblity to make lots of money.

Trouble is selling your value added acquistions in football can cut of the day to day life blood supply from the fans. Who want value added players held and more value added players added and releasing your not so added value players.

Therein is the catch to the arbirtrage system. You can only arbitrage by selling your hyper inflated assets that are most valued.

But i am certain thats the business model at Sevco.

And to a certain extent here at Celtic.

That market could burst at any moment and if it does every club with massive debts will instantly fold.

And where there is hyper inflated markets the mega bucks tax dodgers will be buying up all the half decent stock for their loan farming.

So your club needs a player but they wont sell unless they make hyper inflated profits, and the rich get richer and the billionaires wealth sky rockets, they pay no tax by skullduggery, and the Game that most people love becomes a billionaires plaything and the passion dies.

And when the passion dies the life blood dries up and when that dries up the hyper inflation instantly bursts.

And at that point you really dont want to be in debt.

Just like Rangers experienced when they commited suicide on the hyper inflation model that went sour in 2008, ultinately led to the skullduggery of 2012, and the slow death of football in all non subsidised leagues.

Apologies for the long winded opinion on why we loan rather than outright buy.

I dont think they want to loan, but the hyper inflation means you also need to pay hyper inflated prices for assets unless you have the talent to spot seriously undervalued value added players and then give them game time to grow.

Best model would be having your very own players, but if they arent quite good enough yet to be champions then you risk losing the league and diluting your brand value.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff TET, I've always thought that if I supported an EPL club that ran its business in debt, I would always have that wee niggling worry at the back of my mind that everything is too reliant on the vast sums of TV money that keeps rolling in.
Nothing in life or business stays the same forever, look at how much the music business has changed over the last 10 years, we used to happily go and pay our hard earned cash for our tunes, but streaming music is the way forward now and it didn't take long for it to become the normal way of doing things.
If the same thing happens with the way we pay for the football we watch on tv what will happen then, I know netflix and amazon want a slice of the pie, personally I can see the day coming when putting a sattelite dish on a building will be a thing of the past.
I've never liked Sky or Virgin, there are many ways if you're fly enough to get your football for free,
I just wonder if their subscriptions fall off a cliff what then, I can't see it happening for years, but I can't see them having an endless stranglehold on football fans in this country.
When the Glaziers took over Man utd and put them in 700 million in debt on day one, if the arse collapsed in the TV revenues at that time can you imagine the domino effect it could have had on English football, with wages going up to eye watering levels in the EPL, the way Celtic operate at a business level although often criticised puts us in a stronger position than many of the clubs in the EPL

Why not call West Broms bluff and offer 5m now before the January window ends, otherwise why develop another teams player when we have players of our own who would benefit from game time development?

It's a nice thought TT, but I don't think WBA would entertain it sadly, the other stumbling block would be blowing our wage structure out the water, I think WBA have already said there is no chance of it becoming permanent, the best we can hope for is stretching the deal to 18 months, but sadly, I can't see that happening either, shame because I like what I've seen so far mate

Doubt they would write off 12 million. But like your thinking.

He adds an option in few positions and in theory at least should be more consistently reliable given his experience and pedigree than some of the options we have at club already.

I agree that we have some talent that wont be getting game time due to this loan move.

But while the market for players is hyper inflated, then loaning in some of these players should strengthen the squad, test their ability to cope at CP, and keep the squad pedigree high.

If we could get him for 5M then i think he would both add value to the squad and first team options without excessively risking capital.

The hyper inflation in the player values due to the subsidising of certain leagues has created this neo-football culture of laon farming by the super wealthy clubs, where they have no intention of ever playing these players. I suspect its some kind of tax dodge as well.

This hyper inflation, in my opinion, is one of the reasons Sevco are not already bursted completely. Hyper infaltion allows the dilution and paying back of massive loans in short period of time by investing the loans in a hyper inflation market.

Now if the markets, generally, were hyper inflated then it would be lunacy. But since this one particular market (quality football players) has been hyper inflated while the general markets are not as inflated then you can in theory create an arbitrage system.

You take loans from the non inflated markets, invest heavily in the hyper inflated market and if you add value to the stock (in this case the football players) then you can quickly pay off those massive loans by buying smart and selling fast into rthe inflated market.

Trouble is Sevco are run by criminal, and they are holding the brand of a defunct toxic brand that they paid 1 pound. But if they can convince the market that that defunct brand is still value added then with a few good buy/sell in quick succession you have paid off the debts and without investing your own cash now have a healthy business with possiblity to make lots of money.

Trouble is selling your value added acquistions in football can cut of the day to day life blood supply from the fans. Who want value added players held and more value added players added and releasing your not so added value players.

Therein is the catch to the arbirtrage system. You can only arbitrage by selling your hyper inflated assets that are most valued.

But i am certain thats the business model at Sevco.

And to a certain extent here at Celtic.

That market could burst at any moment and if it does every club with massive debts will instantly fold.

And where there is hyper inflated markets the mega bucks tax dodgers will be buying up all the half decent stock for their loan farming.

So your club needs a player but they wont sell unless they make hyper inflated profits, and the rich get richer and the billionaires wealth sky rockets, they pay no tax by skullduggery, and the Game that most people love becomes a billionaires plaything and the passion dies.

And when the passion dies the life blood dries up and when that dries up the hyper inflation instantly bursts.

And at that point you really dont want to be in debt.

Just like Rangers experienced when they commited suicide on the hyper inflation model that went sour in 2008, ultinately led to the skullduggery of 2012, and the slow death of football in all non subsidised leagues.

Apologies for the long winded opinion on why we loan rather than outright buy.

I dont think they want to loan, but the hyper inflation means you also need to pay hyper inflated prices for assets unless you have the talent to spot seriously undervalued value added players and then give them game time to grow.

Best model would be having your very own players, but if they arent quite good enough yet to be champions then you risk losing the league and diluting your brand value.

We as a Club do it ourselves albeit to a lesser extent

A case in point is Ryan Christie and although we didn't pay fortunes for the bhoy loaning him out to the Sheep was the making of him but in fairness I can't think off hand of any of our other players who we loaned out who came back to make it big here

Perhaps the late Liam Miller did to an extent but his head was turned too soon

HH?
I still think it would be worth trying. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If not Burke we should try for Paddy Roberts on a permanent signing.

Just like normal jobs, times have changed.
no more jobs you can be sure of next year let alone for life!

As Moussa showed only too well, owning a player for supposedly a few years on paper, means little today.

Delighted we have Burke and Weah, if it is for only this season so be it, we can replace them with other high quality loans if needed and necessary.
These players were very likely going to add instant choices and plus points for the team and so they have both proved to date.

The Mistake would have been to continue with buying projects!

However it happens, be it the goals of someone who we sign for 4 years but leaves after a season or someone who does the job for us for 6 months or a legend who only wants to play for The Celtic.
ALL that really matters is Destiny
CELTIC-WIN-10-IN-A-ROW

Last edited:
Just like normal jobs, times have changed.
no more jobs you can be sure of next year let alone for life!

As Moussa showed only too well, owning a player for supposedly a few years on paper, means little today.

Delighted we have Burke and Weah, if it is for only this season so be it, we can replace them with other high quality loans if needed and necessary.
These players were very likely going to add instant choices and plus points for the team and so they have both proved to date.

The Mistake would have been to continue with buying projects!

However it happens, be it the goals of someone who we sign for 4 years but leaves after a season or someone who does the job for us for 6 months or a legend who only wants to play for The Celtic.
ALL that really matters is Destiny
CELTIC-WIN-10-IN-A-ROW

A very profound and well thought out view
As long as we do 10 IAR does it REALLY matter who the players were who took us there?

HH?

Great point Bill, remember in the old days when no scottish club had money, despite us being one of the biggest supports in Europe (what happened to the money) the team very rarely changed, when we get to 10, the vast majority of the team will be made up of players who will be in no danger of a testimonial match, some of our history makers might only have a years service under their belts.

Great point Bill, remember in the old days when no scottish club had money, despite us being one of the biggest supports in Europe (what happened to the money) the team very rarely changed, when we get to 10, the vast majority of the team will be made up of players who will be in no danger of a testimonial match, some of our history makers might only have a years service under their belts.
Aye it was different kind of corruption then B. Same devils different disguises ?

Aye it was different kind of corruption then B. Same devils different disguises ?

LMAO Mate, you'll remember as a kid when our Fathers or Uncles had us on the shoulders in the crush, a favourite spot of mine as a bairn was half way up the jungle, sitting on the barrier at the path that run across the middle of the jungle, only had 4 feet to fall when a goal went in, happy days mate.

LMAO Mate, you'll remember as a kid when our Fathers or Uncles had us on the shoulders in the crush, a favourite spot of mine as a bairn was half way up the jungle, sitting on the barrier at the path that run across the middle of the jungle, only had 4 feet to fall when a goal went in, happy days mate.

Aye fall and you'd drown in a river of pish ???

Happy days right enough

HH?

I was always a short arse (lifts over till I was 12.) Used to leave my old man and head down the front - closer to the macaroon bars.

Members online

Latest posts

Back