Burke

Unless the world has gone absolutely mental, then expecting them to sell him for £5m is a sign we are on the verge. Especially since he’s starting to show form.

If we buy him at all, it would take a few more bags of shrapnel than Lawell would be able to cope with without his head turning like yon lassie out of the Exorcist.

Unless the world has gone absolutely mental, then expecting them to sell him for £5m is a sign we are on the verge. Especially since he’s starting to show form.

If we buy him at all, it would take a few more bags of shrapnel than Lawell would be able to cope with without his head turning like yon lassie out of the Exorcist.

Anyone thinking he's signing for 5 million is talking tubular balls

There’s no chance they’d accept that because they’ll look at how we’ve developed players and know there’s a chance his value could increase come the end of his loan period.The problem as well is that there’s a lot of money in the championship,for example Nottingham Forest who he played with before could offer upwards of 10 million for him.I would also like to see how he does away from home with us against Valencia and also at Rugby Park and tyncastle then we’ll hopefully see if he has quality.HH

We as a Club do it ourselves albeit to a lesser extent

A case in point is Ryan Christie and although we didn't pay fortunes for the bhoy loaning him out to the Sheep was the making of him but in fairness I can't think off hand of any of our other players who we loaned out who came back to make it big here

Perhaps the late Liam Miller did to an extent but his head was turned too soon

HH?
Wasn't Calum McGregor loaned out too?

The checks were that loud that ear plugs were necessary.[/
UOTE]

Arthur was a Cracker

I remember going to Hampden in September 1973 Scotland beat Czechoslovakia 2-1 to qualify for 74 World Cup
On the following Saturday night the showed a recording of the full match on ITV with Big Arthur commentating
As usual Arthur was getting carried away I remember him shouting at Dennis Law ' GO I ON DENNIS GO ON' Think that's where Mrs Doyle got her catch phrase

Then he started on the referee who was West German

Arthur's shouting 'If the referee thinks that's a foul he's up a West German Gum Tree's,???????????

HH?

Back