By the skin of my gums I just made it.

C

CelticRose

It’s my birthday today and I’m so lucky to be here!

My dad told me later on that if I had been born on the 12th he was going to take me to the Clyde and drown me. But thanks to my mum she managed to have me by 9.30pm so just made it by the skin of my gums (no teeth at this point). And yes still got my own teeth just before ye all enquire - no quite full circle just yet.

I’ve just found out that I share my birthday with one of the great Celtic players Charlie Tully.
There is great story on CQN about him scoring a hatrick of goals from corner kicks. Still canny master the uploading lark sorry!

Hope I haven’t bored everyone with this wee story of a near miss all due to the hatefest that still continues to this day.

My dad told me later on that if I had been born on the 12th he was going to take me to the Clyde and drown me. But thanks to my mum she managed to have me by 9.30pm so just made it by the skin of my gums (no teeth at this point). And yes still got my own teeth just before ye all enquire - no quite full circle just yet.

I’ve just found out that I share my birthday with one of the great Celtic players Charlie Tully.
There is great story on CQN about him scoring a hatrick of goals from corner kicks. Still canny master the uploading lark sorry!

Hope I haven’t bored everyone with this wee story of a near miss all due to the hatefest that still continues to this day.

My dad’s birthday was the 12th and my wee ma used to rip the piss as if he had anything to do with it. :)

Happy birthday Rose. Good man to share a birthday with. Could we not upset their bigotfest eve by making the 11th the annual tullyday festival. HH

Not at all CelticRose and a very very happy birthday to you hope it's a belter. It's actually cheered me up as today is also my recently departed ma's birthday as well and I miss her so much as anyone whose lost theirs will know. Also Rose was my ma's sister's name ☺ my auntie Rose (who passed long time ago) so you've really cheered me up there on what's quite an emotional day, 4 for the price of 1. Ma, auntie Rose, Celtic and birthday ? nice one Celtic Rose ✌? love it have a great day ???❤☘

Many happy returns ghirl. Have a blast ?

Not at all CelticRose and a very very happy birthday to you hope it's a belter. It's actually cheered me up as today is also my recently departed ma's birthday as well and I miss her so much as anyone whose lost theirs will know. Also Rose was my ma's sister's name ☺ my auntie Rose (who passed long time ago) so you've really cheered me up there on what's quite an emotional day, 4 for the price of 1. Ma, auntie Rose, Celtic and birthday ? nice one Celtic Rose ✌? love it have a great day ???❤☘

Oh Winter so sorry about your Ma but I know what it’s like. I’m glad I cheered you up though but it’s hard on days like these.
I was bemoaning my age to a pal of mine and she was saying to be grateful for getting this far, so now I’m glad I’ve made it and look positively on it now. Waiting for ma daughter and grandweans who was supposed to be taking me for my lunch but it takes her that long to get ready it’s noo dinner ? . Oops nae moaning allowed! ?? HH

Oh Winter so sorry about your Ma but I know what it’s like. I’m glad I cheered you up though but it’s hard on days like these.
I was bemoaning my age to a pal of mine and she was saying to be grateful for getting this far, so now I’m glad I’ve made it and look positively on it now. Waiting for ma daughter and grandweans who was supposed to be taking me for my lunch but it takes her that long to get ready it’s noo dinner ? . Oops nae moaning allowed! ?? HH
Nah moaning and anything else you want goes on your birthday ☺ and thanks for the kind words aye these days can be hard but I just try to focus on the positive things , the happier times and things like that will always be the dominant force when i look back (Though that mindset took a wee while to be a mainstay) and your friend is right of course, a birthday is no small thing vs none at all ?? always look on the bright side of life ?♥️

Members online

Latest posts

Back