Calm down everyone

EJust a thought but let's say we did not sign anyone and go with what we have. Now get pad and pencil and write down the Celtic first team eleven, now write down the first team eleven of any other team in the league and see if you would swap any of their players for ours. I still believe we still have the strongest squad in the league so maybe we should calm down about new signings they will happen but if not just support who we ask to wear the jersey. Looking forward to tonight and even more to Sunday hail hail.

I agree that everyone needs to calm down , and that we should see how we are as a squad when the window closes . Whilst we may be good enough to win the league without new additions ( that remains to be seen ) , surely we should have a little more ambition than that . I don't expect us to be buying half a dozen new players every year , but we all know that our defense in particular has been needing strengthening since Van Dyke went , not to mention a creative midfielder and someone to step into Broonys boots should he get injured . It's obvious to the support AND to the manager as he has already stated . Most fans are realistic and know we can't match EPL clubs in terms of wages , but we deserve better than settling on winning the league . We should always be looking to improve as should every other club with any sort of ambition. HH. COYBIG.

EJust a thought but let's say we did not sign anyone and go with what we have. Now get pad and pencil and write down the Celtic first team eleven, now write down the first team eleven of any other team in the league and see if you would swap any of their players for ours. I still believe we still have the strongest squad in the league so maybe we should calm down about new signings they will happen but if not just support who we ask to wear the jersey. Looking forward to tonight and even more to Sunday hail hail.
we've no got enough aggression, dig in the team mate brown will need help as he's going to get booted all over the place this season

Auldbertie, i understand your sentiment about staying calm etc
BUT we are already out of the CL because of our lack of signings.
That is a big issue for us.
So I will remain calm but we are now a weaker squad than last season despite all the money in the bank.
We could have got McGinn for £4m. I mean we went to the last minute even to buy Hendry. Haggling over a few thousands.

I have not got over the fact we have been knocked out of the CL by a weaker team who have played zero games so far this season.

Understand the concern we have about the way the in and outs and indeed the “nonshows” have been managed this Summer. However I was told Hibernian were determined not to let us have McGinn and if he had really wanted to come to Celtic he could have waited to January or May at the
latest. No reason why he should put his career on hold but it was his choice.

I agree in as much as whoever pulls on the jerseys should receive 100% backing and support but there is no denying the fact that this window has been a terrible one for the suits. The fact is we have a manager, a very good one, who is clearly unhappy and feels let down by the board or certain individuals who serve on it. We have a support who are clearly unhappy with what has happened or not happened as the case may be and of course we have a group of players who have clearly been unsettled by the situation. It's a mess at the moment and unless we get a couple of good deals over the line by tomorrow night, I can see this window leave a bad taste lingering for a wee while yet.
I just can't get my head around the fact we are in this self inflicted mess when everything was and is in place to make sure we come out of the window stronger than when we entered it. After all that is Pedro's mantra isn't it?

Yes Brendan is rightly annoyed at the failure to act earlier but hey if we keep Boyata and Dembelle, acquire a defensive midfielder ( we are not rich in defensive mid fielders, Kouassi struggles) in Mulumba who practically played us off the park on his own at Killie in Feb.and a £13 m centre half things have turned out reasonably well apart from right back, Lustig still suffering post World Cup blues!

It is not so much the players in the team that worry me, more the state of mind that they have. In European games, there is a lack of belief at times throughout the team. Domestically, the team are assertive and can transmit their superiority onto most areas of the pitch, however this confidence seems to lack when faced with European players, no matter their ability.
Looking for Celtic players to be stronger and more confident in their abilities, no matter the opposition.

It is not so much the players in the team that worry me, more the state of mind that they have. In European games, there is a lack of belief at times throughout the team. Domestically, the team are assertive and can transmit their superiority onto most areas of the pitch, however this confidence seems to lack when faced with European players, no matter their ability.
Looking for Celtic players to be stronger and more confident in their abilities, no matter the opposition.
Perhaps a run in the Europa League might help the team build that confidence. The Seville run did much the same for us, and it was sustained through to Lenny’s team. I feel once Ronny came in, and the link back to Seville was gone, and our confidence in Europe waned.

No offence but should this and the thread below about Boyata not be in Celtic Chat, from experience of other forums it’s pretty easy for it to end up with random threads all over the place. Anyway just an observation maybe the mods could have a look

I agree we are still by miles best squad in this country. We all want Celtic to be competitive on European stage but let's continue domestic domination then when gathered ourselves WITHIN our means go again. No point n keeping players who don't want to be here whilst we can get decent money for them. We are bigger than the any of us and continuation is better than delusion and denial - it's what makes us bigger and better than that lot

Overall agree, but the weakness is our lack of cover. 2 good signings yesterday (should have been done before CL.) help but this season so far we have looked a bit stale without the drive and passion. Celtic will be back tomorrow the drive and passion will be there, but we need it all the time.

There are definitely better right backs than Lustig, he is a weak link, slow and cumbersome now.
Great servant but squad player now at best.
Can't for the life of me see how Gamboa is second to the liability.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Back