Cameron Carter Vickers

Johnno like you intimated we must be talking about a different player. I see Starfelt as a bit of a bombscare, a very ordinary CB and not up to the standard I had hoped for in spending what we did. He will always be targeted as the weakest link in our defence by better sides IMO. Just a question of opinions.

EDIT: I just saw this Johnno from Chris Sutton as quoted on 67 Hail Hail...." What has been disappointing has been the performances of Starfelt. Celtic fans need to see an extremely quick improvement on what he’s bringing to the table. Especially when you see how quickly Carter-Vickers has settled into life in the same position."
Never a problem with opinions virgo, and still not seeing it myself.
Could point the finger at CCV on Thursday, with what I would class as 3 high profile mistakes that cost us badly, but with only his 2nd game and with a new defensive partner, and 1st game in a very long time against quality oppersition then I think that would be very unfair on CCV.
Just a thought that's occurred now virgo, could it be a case now that Starfelt is been used as the left sided Centre back, meaning he's stonger on his right foot more so to play more infield these days and feel more comfortable with a potential wingers who seem more intent on cutting inside nowadays than hitting the byline.
Still don't share your fears surrounding Starfelt yet and will be interesting to see who proves right come the end of the season

Never a problem with opinions virgo, and still not seeing it myself.
Could point the finger at CCV on Thursday, with what I would class as 3 high profile mistakes that cost us badly, but with only his 2nd game and with a new defensive partner, and 1st game in a very long time against quality oppersition then I think that would be very unfair on CCV.
Just a thought that's occurred now virgo, could it be a case now that Starfelt is been used as the left sided Centre back, meaning he's stonger on his right foot more so to play more infield these days and feel more comfortable with a potential wingers who seem more intent on cutting inside nowadays than hitting the byline.
Still don't share your fears surrounding Starfelt yet and will be interesting to see who proves right come the end of the season
I respect your opinion. I don't want to be proved right or wrong. Just offering an observation that we might try young Scales before the big French pansy comes back as I already believe that Walsh is a better player than Starfelt. Just looking for good combinations. Trying to find our most effective CB pairing. My opinion is just my opinion but so far I would suggest on current showings it would be CCV an Walsh for me but that is because I have not seen Scales. I am interested to see him perform as he is a left sided CB with lots of attributes.

I still feel that players should be given a chance and assessed further on in the season. We have seen so many newbies in this window and players will make mistakes but Starfelt shouldn't be made the whipping bhoy after only a dozen games with an ever-changing backline.
I totally agree. We have to be fair and give players a chance. Jack Hendry was chased out of the club for being too shite for us, but there he was on Wednesday at the heart of a defence that stopped Messi, Neymar & Mbappe from scoring as Brugges drew 1-1 with the Paris Saint Globetrotters!

Calmac would be a huge loss for any team, especially ours.
Still time for McCarthy and possibly Soro to come in and step up to the mark.
If Forrest is fit, I think he may have started ahead of Abada anyway but will be also be a big miss.
Starting to think, how intense our training must be, as seem to be getting a lot of injuries from training by the looks of things
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Calmac finally nail his place during a Broonie injury period? I see Soro trying too hard in his limited time on the field atm and his game suffers as a result. A wee run of games could work wonders there.

Or even give Scales a run and see what he has got as a CB. Could be time to find out what else we have at CB before we reintroduce Julia are are stuck with a suspect back line for the season. Starfelt is no more than ordinary and looks scared most of the time.... I don't care how much he cost. A poor signing IMO.
Scales came from LOI level so he's unlikely to be Celtic-ready unless something really special. Lee O Connor came out of the Man U setup and was capped before Scales yet is on loan to Tranmere. That being said Scales is a former student of University College Dublin and a fluent Irish speaker so head and heart will be in the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Calmac finally nail his place during a Broonie injury period? I see Soro trying too hard in his limited time on the field atm and his game suffers as a result. A wee run of games could work wonders there.
Best hide that from Lubos before you really upset him 26.
Still plenty of time for Soro myself even if Thursday he became a liability.
Like the way he's not afraid to get stuck into the oppersition and capable of breaking up play, but your right by saying trying to hard to impress which in turn can make him very rash in his decision making still.
Still think Soro would be better alongside the likes of calmac to get the best from him.

Watch Soros youtbe vide before he joined he would charge in at anything that moved ,he's calmed a bit but still steams in without thinking ,,,which is costly

Members online

Latest posts

Back