Can Celtic win Europa League?

So are you saying that we must stop challenging for loose balls or attempt to make any tackles, otherwise we give the referee a decision to make because the opponent could cheat?

The goalie eventually had the ball under his control for a fraction of a second so again we should hold back and not try to score in case they cheat and we give the referee a decision to make?

Eduoard did fall over but then again so did most of their players (repeatedly and often more blatantly but they never got penalised for it) so we need to practice cheating more so we become "cuter" at it?

I appreciate your opinion but think you are maybe being a tad harsh on most of our players as they mostly coped very well against a skillful opponent who were allowed to continually break the laws of the game by a ponce of a referee!

No I'm saying that we need to be responsible in our approach especially when the player concerned has just been yellow carded minutes prior!!

It's not rocket science fella

We're away from home in Europe We're doing okay Don't give the officials ANY excuse to punish us

Rennes had gone down to 10 men through injury and having used all of their subs

Of course they were going to try and influence a weak official to try and get an advantage by being CUTE (there' s that word again) and Bayo fell for it
If he hadn't gone for a ball that under the circumstances he wasn't going to get (because the keeper had secured it eventually) then the keeper couldn't have feigned injury conned the ref and got our player dismissed

I don't recall being a tad harsh on all of our players which you attest to I criticised Edouard and Bayo as well as Ajer for going to ground Ajer's decision cost us a goal Bayo's cost us a sending off and Edouard's cost us a yellow card which will more than likely become influential later in the tournament especially if our other main striker misses out through being sent off whether correctly or otherwise

You're right their players did fall over but only Edouard got booked Why is that? Because they were more convincing perhaps?

I don't like to see it happening but it's part of the game these days so as such let's get as good at it as everybody else is

The master was Klinsmann He had it down to a fine art and rarely got punished

If it's become a part of football then let's treat it as part of football not just condemn Johnny Foreigner for doing it and suffer the consequences In other words become as CUTE as everybody else seems to be

HH🍀

TT bang on mate...but seriously fuck Europe 9iar / 10 ..hoopy wonder land! For this wee Hoop.😉😂😂

I don’t get that attitude. We get better in Europe means we get better to win 10. I want us to be good across all competitions and Europe if we do well improves the chances of good players coming to us. Our league is looked upon as a joke so we need Europe to raise our profile, earn us money to pay for better players. Utter parochial pish to say we shouldn’t worry about Europe. Last night showed we can compete and this does the players confidence a world of good. Madness to say just concentrate on 10 when everything about doing well there helps us move up a level.

Of course they were going to try and influence a weak official to try and get an advantage by being CUTE (there' s that word again) and Bayo fell for it
If he hadn't gone for a ball that under the circumstances he wasn't going to get (because the keeper had secured it eventually) then the keeper couldn't have feigned injury conned the ref and got our player dismissed
I'm sorry Bill but I think our strikers should be challenging for a loose ball 10 yards out in the 91st minute of the game. In the screenshot below Bayo is already sprinting at speed and the keeper is floundering towards the fumbled ball. Bayo is just beaten to it by a fraction of a second and pulls out. If Bayo hadn't tried for the ball then we'd all rightly be slagging him for not being committed.
20190920_123640.jpg

I'm sorry Bill but I think our strikers should be challenging for a loose ball 10 yards out in the 91st minute of the game. In the screenshot below Bayo is already sprinting at speed and the keeper is floundering towards the fumbled ball. Bayo is just beaten to it by a fraction of a second and pulls out. If Bayo hadn't tried for the ball then we'd all rightly be slagging him for not being committed.
View attachment 4392

Fine So he did as you would have expected him to do

And in doing so got himself sent off That's really clever He knew he'd just been booked minutes before He'd been watching the game from the bench He'd seen as well as everybody else that the ref was weak so why give the ref a decision to make?

If he hadn't gone for the tackke he wouldn't have been booked He'd have stayed on the park He wouldn't be missing future matches AND WE'D STILL HAVE COME AWAY WITH THE 1-1 DRAW THAT EVERYONE INCLUDING MYSELF IS HAPPY WITH

I'm not saying don't tackle or challenge Just be sensible about it Pick the fights you get involved in Keepers ALWAYS get the benefit of the decisions Bayo must know that as well as you and I

HH🍀

Back