Catering Class or Crass?

Yes the spam or cheese sandwiches in the cardboard box were a treat but possibly fairly priced. I do recall people peeing in bottles in confined places meant you get a trouser track mark that wasn't even your own pish :giggle::giggle::giggle:. However, when did a mince pie get to £2.20.... I think the Kerrydale too could do something to support those who support the club and charge realistic prices and offer realistic portions. I recall they provided free coffee and tea at one home game and I nearly fell off my seat :giggle: Seriously lets see some consideration for the fans..some travel from Huntly or Meath and surely they can get a fairly priced meal on arrival at the club. (y)

Yes the spam or cheese sandwiches in the cardboard box were a treat but possibly fairly priced. I do recall people peeing in bottles in confined places meant you get a trouser track mark that wasn't even your own pish :giggle::giggle::giggle:. However, when did a mince pie get to £2.20.... I think the Kerrydale too could do something to support those who support the club and charge realistic prices and offer realistic portions. I recall they provided free coffee and tea at one home game and I nearly fell off my seat :giggle: Seriously lets see some consideration for the fans..some travel from Huntly or Meath and surely they can get a fairly priced meal on arrival at the club. (y)

Howz about an eat all you can buffet ???

I hear thats what most men want lol

Pissing into a beer can is a skill I haven't yet learned but I know enough not to buy dodgy expensive shit cooked and reheated God knows how many times. Mind you I can go 90 minutes without food....just:ROFLMAO:

I should bloody well hope not Shamrock.

Anyway you don’t have the point and aim thing stitched up ??

By the sound of ma pish stained brothers, neither do they ????

I , being a mean old b****** , would never purchase anything to eat/drink from a football ground ,or a Cinema for that matter , as the mark-up is so outrageous . If you need to eat or drink prior to going to the football there are plenty of places to do so at more reasonable cost - and I don't mean the mobile catering establishments lined up outside the ground .
I am of an age that I can remember the 'good old days ' at Parkhead when the catering was only a pie or bovril from the hole in the wall under 'the Jungle ' - mind you , you had to splash through the puddles of pish that covered the area below .
( Toilets for many at that time was a choice between either pissing in an empty beer can - or using the wall under the Jungle - hence the puddles as you attempted to enter the 'cafeteria' area )

There was for many years an alternative to the hole in the wall under the Jungle - a chap came round with a cardboard box , shouting '' There's the spearmintchewingummacaroonbars !''
erramacaroonbars I remember it well and you describe it very well:LOL:

If ye didnae have the celtic where would ye be?
You'd be me in the mortuary having tea wae Stevie G
Jumpin in the jungle, trainers sodden way wee.
Ah ye should of pit oan yer wellies!

I recall being around12-years old and 'a man' behind us in the jungle trying to piss into a wine bottle was actually peeing on another lads trousers. My mates uncle managed to throw a fag doubt into his own turn up and set his jeans on fire. Guy on right was trying to dry his jeans and guy on left was on fire :ROFLMAO: Do any of you remember going in and coming out of the jungle (Janefield Street) without having to walk - health and safety hadn't been invented and you just tried not to fall as you were swept along in the crush - not for the faint hearted :)

The golden rule was DO NOT PUT YER CAN DOWN...or yer beer will taste a bit odd...I can remember the rain comin down under the stand think it was the Celtic end... The only thing was it wasn't raining...oh they were the days...still, at least I didn't pay to get in...always got a lift o,er.

Went to the Kerrydale bar today at 12.50...got in at 13.50...last orders 14.30...corporate and kerrydale experience walked straight in...won't be going back...half time waited the full 15 mins for a bovril...kids at counter didn't have a clue.Everybody I spoke to re catering, service etc... All unhappy....granted... full house today...but they know that and should do better.

Members online

Latest posts

Back