Celtic (1) v Copenhagen (1) - UEFA Europa League, Thursday 26 February, kick-off 8pm - all comments here

Hahahahahaha I lost seven teeth, had my nose broken twice, an ACL and a punctured testicle playing in goals, Niall, but I was well-protected by refs against opponents - it was my own teammates I had to worry about.
Ha...SP...memories, of glories past
Same here, nose broken (hence the radio face) torn ACL and both thumbs fractured by flying boots, when I went in between the sticks, on several occasions, when our keeper never showed up
I bet you dished out more than you got though
It was some goal by CalMac, but you knew that any time a keeper is bumped, the ref gives them the benefit
Changed days mate
HH

Ha...SP...memories, of glories past
Same here, nose broken (hence the radio face) torn ACL and both thumbs fractured by flying boots, when I went in between the sticks, on several occasions, when our keeper never showed up
I bet you dished out more than you got though
It was some goal by CalMac, but you knew that any time a keeper is bumped, the ref gives them the benefit
Changed days mate
HH
Never got my hands onto the first cross into the box in my puff, DIL. That first cross was just the reason to plant an UHLSPORT on somebody's kisser.

Keepers got away with (and still do) going two-footed and high into a one-on-one. No quite full Schumacher mode, but always leave a bit on everything.

Forrest & Brown were not fit, but to be fair it's hard to see who could have replaced them with Ntcham and Christie both suspended. Bitton & Shved perhaps? Rogic is not anything near his best, possibly needs to be punted, (replaced with Turnbull perhaps) we all know Sumonovic is a disaster (apart from Lenny it seems), hopefully that is his last game for us. Sign the centre half Nelson from Copenhagen! Why are we spending millions on players then not playing them? If Soro is worth 2 million why not play him. Why was Bitton, Frimpong and Griffiths not on from the start. Why only 1 sub used? Lennon seems to panic in big games with his team selections and can't seem to change when things going wrong. Was Elouanasi the right guy to be taken off? I don't think so! So many mistakes from Lennon! On the bright side we can now concentrate fully on the league, Ntcham & Christie will back (play them both in the same team), keep the partnership of Edouard & Griffiths, Brown needs to be rested now and again, get the fans back singing and the league will be ours!

You know what, how we react to this is vital. I;m watching post match interviews where even Broony is looking rattled and I get we are all pissed at this but we have to shrug this off and not let it get in the way of where we are headed.
We can't let this remove the focus or affect the next few weeks. We've got attacks on the club from TV and a hard to take defeat today but this is where we all pull together, we don't retreat. We stand up and walk on behind every player. all of them have earned our support.
In times like this we stand up and carry these Bhoys. They've given us the verge of the 9 and they deserve backing when they feel vulnerable. Players fans supporters. We win and lose as a club
Yeeeessssss,said it in one buddy hh

IMO

the reason defence snap is we have no out ball when they are under pressure

the midfield should never be more than 20 yards away from the defender with the ball.

If they are more than 30 yards from the nearest out ball they cannot make the pass and forces even more chaotic pressure.

Even in league games we have huge missing hole in the engine.

And the 5 attacking players always run forward when we have ball making the need for accuracy even more pivotal

Against teams that surrender middle of park with weak tactics is ok in Scotland since opposition can't press if they are double marking forwards runners but when you lose ball defence are always stretched.

Even if we had best back 4 in world those tactics would be weak

But to not see that as coach and NOT fix it is serious issue

Cluj Sevco and Copenhagen all applied hard press to the weakness in midfield and it snaps very easily

we have high ball defenders but no high ball forwards

hoping high ball defenders can find long low accurate passes against a well drilled shape is suicide.
This ☝️,

TET its almost as if you had bugged my car on the way home, pretty much how I seen it...

H.H and onwards to 9 in a row...

Europe was mostly good this season apart obviously from Cluj and the Danish remake last night...

But its back to our priority games now, win them all Celtic just win them all...

I would have played young Welsh before Simunovic. Another player forgotten about. Or ANOTHER One for the future but never given the chance.
Dont agree with that mate sorry, Whats needed is a left footed CB before we play in Europe again, well drilled teams just rip every weakness apart, we get away with for the most part in Scotland. And imho Jozo still a better CB than his 2 partners last night, although his injury toll is shocking.

H.H

After Copenhagen's first goal they grew in confidence as a team and we went the opposite way. We need a few mentally strong players who can handle these situations and organise the team on the pitch. No shrinking violates needed on these pressure laden nights.
We have good footballers, just need a bit of steel in a few areas to lead.

Last batch of articles on that shambles of a performance last night...

and here's Niall's view...

You read Sandman's Ratings, right?

And David Potter's take on proceedings...

Back