Celtic: A Family at War

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Terrific analysis of the decisions behind the scenes which have contributed , greatly , to the present debacle at Celtic Park .

How telling that Peter Lawwell is rumoured to be standing down in the summer - is that why he is digging in his heels and refusing to hear the supporters concerns ?
Lawwell doing his own thing right to the end - and F*ck the consequences for the team ? Pistol Pete is not for turning .

HH

A couple of excellent articles from David and Niall J (I just wish they didn't need to be written). These wounds are mostly self-inflicted and exacerbated by the pig-headedness and arrogance exhibited by Lawwell. Even if we manage to turn things around to win the league this season, if PL thinks he is swanning off into the sunset as a hero for delivering us 10IAR then he has another thing coming.

He has shambolically created a monstrous clusterfuck - as I said on here at the time his refusal to even review the merits other candidates when appointing Lenny was negligence and gross mismanagement in my opinion (even if he had bullshitted us and said that they had spent a lot of time considering all options and Lennon was the outstanding choice then this would have sounded better). To then refuse Lennon the support of his trusted support team was bewildering in the extreme and again was something that many of us picked up and suggested was a very poor decision even as we were winning trophies last season.

I'm wondering if in time, we might start to lessen our ill-feelings towards Rodgers? I will always be thankful for some of the greatest football I have seen by Celtic during the inVIncible season, but I think his tactics were being found out and the way he sneaked off disgusted me. But we don't know what crap he was dealing with behind the scenes and he had clearly had enough. I guess it will still be difficult for most of us to ever understand his actions at the end, but maybe some of us will be a just a tiny bit forgiving towards him (well probably not).

Undoubtedly Lawwell will have to leave by the end of the season (with a golden handshake that could have been used to strengthen our team on the pitch) as there is no coming back from this, otherwise the club will experience their revenue streams being harmed badly by disgruntled fans who are totally sickened by him. Whoever eventually replaces him will have a tough task to regain the trust of the fans.

Let's hope we get our act together quickly while we still have a chance of winning the tenth league title in a row.

I still think they are hoping that,fortunes on the field turnaround long enough for Henrick to become available in March .

And that is their plan B unfortunately.

Plan C is head in the sand until plan A works, which appears now to be costing us the league .

You might have noticed I didn't include a Plan A, well if they cant be bothered with one why the fek should I???

I still think they are hoping that,fortunes on the field turnaround long enough for Henrick to become available in March .

And that is their plan B unfortunately.

Plan C is head in the sand until plan A works, which appears now to be costing us the league .

You might have noticed I didn't include a Plan A, well if they cant be bothered with one why the fek should I???
But is Henrik really the answer? If he was to bring Koemans as well as the head coach them yes, but no way I can see him managing us. Even then, Barca are struggling down in 7th place in this season's topsy-turvy La Liga. As much as I love Henke, I don't believe he has enough experience to cope with the pressures of managing Celtic, but I can see his as a great assistant at Parkhead.

Maybe we do need Jfanny to return to advise us on who to appoint seeing as Moyes is now sitting pretty (well maybe not "pretty", but you know what I mean) in 5th place in the EPL!

You know I have seen ( quite a few times) Celtic lose. Games, leagues, cups. But the feeling of simple but utter disappointment in how this season, of all seasons has started to unfold is virtually unique. We still have a chance at ten but not doing the same thing.
Change is essential and it is unbelievable that DD and PL don't grasp the nettle and try something different.
It's a complete shambles.
HH

Very good articles which to me sum the toxic culture currently existing. I have own theory about what is going on re Lenny’s position. I am fairly sure the board must have reached out to some managers - they can’t be blind to what is going on on the pitch. I reckon the plan was to let Lenny get to the cup final, deliver the quadruple treble, then he could step down, job done and not give the undead the opportunity to crow over him being sacked.
Whoever they have been talking to - Eddie Howe? Marco Silva? Michael Laudrup I saw mentioned also - what are they immediately going to do? Phone Rodgers. And he would give them pointers as to what working with Lawwell would be like. And that is probably where the plan has fallen apart and we started getting all these squirrels about O’Neill, Keane and Strachan (snr). Now they’re in a corner of their own making and have no option but to back Lenny.
Supposed to be “these great businessmen” but really they are just the type of people who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

Very good articles which to me sum the toxic culture currently existing. I have own theory about what is going on re Lenny’s position. I am fairly sure the board must have reached out to some managers - they can’t be blind to what is going on on the pitch. I reckon the plan was to let Lenny get to the cup final, deliver the quadruple treble, then he could step down, job done and not give the undead the opportunity to crow over him being sacked.
Whoever they have been talking to - Eddie Howe? Marco Silva? Michael Laudrup I saw mentioned also - what are they immediately going to do? Phone Rodgers. And he would give them pointers as to what working with Lawwell would be like. And that is probably where the plan has fallen apart and we started getting all these squirrels about O’Neill, Keane and Strachan (snr). Now they’re in a corner of their own making and have no option but to back Lenny.
Supposed to be “these great businessmen” but really they are just the type of people who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
Eddie Howe? Marco Silva? Michael Laudrup I saw mentioned also - what are they immediately going to do? Phone Rodgers. And he would give them pointers as to what working with Lawwell would be like.

Great point (y)

Lot of hearsay but its fuelled from 3 fronts

1 poor communication from hierarchy with regards limitations and the propaganda war.
2 Extreme hearsay from nefarious sources
3 Poor analysis and poor judgement from Lenny

The air of contempt for Celtic mission statement from whole of club.

We have hubris running through the entire club and a denial of reality.

Board stayed silent on so many things that hearsay is now passed as fact.
IMO Lennon lost his marbles, formation shape style and denial.

But we have lot of contradictory delusions running through the support, but imo thats been fuelled with the silence from board and the promotion of secret agendas involving Mammon (the love of financial wealth)

mercenary recruitment only works if you can fund the best mercenaries.

A humble grounded manager with talent can win the biggest cup of all

And he didn't even need wealth or mercenaries

We are losing our identity and becoming the mirror of the horde. True Wealth is much more than cash.

True wealth cannot be bought.

Its badly missing from the mammon clubs. And it seems Celtic have mammon men these days. Disconnected from the ground and the reality of what Celtic was formed to do.

Shine a light on the abuse of power, not stay silent in the face of controversy and fight for the rights of every human being not just mammon peepo.

The hearsay needs to end imo

Lawell needs to go, because he doesn't have the balls to confront reality, and instead likes to play politics and laissez faire politics at that, he reeks of whigg entitlement. the very thing that makes the horde rancid in my eyes.

Lenny needs to go cause he aint Lenny anymore, he is not on the ball, not picking team with respect for opps or a style that attractive or even something you can get behind.

And he is in denial that he is the problem this season.

Cant fix what you deny.

DD needs to sell up imo, cause he aint interested in Celtic core values, he just likes business.

We need step back and stop throwing money down the pan.

Last edited:
I sat and watched a chat with Ajer and El you

they were laughing about getting fined by other players if they spoke Norwegian in dressing room

200 quid fine for talking their native language all jokes and giggles

200 quid fine

1 what sort of banter fines you for talking in your native language to another native speaker of your language, ok just a joke

2 but the contempt of money, talking about 200 quid as throw away cash

not only is that an indicator of the disconnect with reality, its a celtic tv clip that many people of celtic mind would shudder

200 quid fines when people are often no earning that per week

ut it was all just jokes and giggles

Aye but it highlights the rank rotten mindset running through the mercenary lads who think their wages are pretty shite.

Good articles Lennon was a short term answer to a board who were left holding the baby when Rodgers walked away. Lennon should not have been regarded as The long term it showed up The boards lack of foresight and possibly arrogance regarding the opposition in the league. The manager is the one who pays the price when it goes tits up as badly as it has done this season and he knows it, the Club looked not have pushed the boat out in the summer regarding transfers but that hasn't worked out as well as anyone would have liked. The league is still winnable at this point in time but it will take a team playing well and not conceding poor goals and penalties the way they are at the moment.

I sat and watched a chat with Ajer and El you

they were laughing about getting fined by other players if they spoke Norwegian in dressing room

200 quid fine for talking their native language all jokes and giggles

200 quid fine

1 what sort of banter fines you for talking in your native language to another native speaker of your language, ok just a joke

2 but the contempt of money, talking about 200 quid as throw away cash

not only is that an indicator of the disconnect with reality, its a celtic tv clip that many people of celtic mind would shudder

200 quid fines when people are often no earning that per week

ut it was all just jokes and giggles

Aye but it highlights the rank rotten mindset running through the mercenary lads who think their wages are pretty shite.
Did Lennon introduce this fine? Presumably because he suspects what they’re saying is Norwegian for, “Jesus, does this ginger slob sleep in that tracksuit and has he just woken up?”

Badly written article.
Jeez........I'm sure the author will be distraught at that scathing critique.

Might help the scribe if you can further enlighten him on how it was badly written.

Was it the repetition? Lack of factual evidence? Poor grammar and punctuation? Not enough one and two syllable words? Not written in crayon?

What precisely did you observe in the article that made it "badly written"?

Did Lennon introduce this fine? Presumably because he suspects what they’re saying is Norwegian for, “Jesus, does this ginger slob sleep in that tracksuit and has he just woken up?”
I doubt that Neil Lennon loses much sleep over your obsession with his appearance, but you were previously asked what the elegant gentleman is wearing this Autumn & Winter.

I, for one, am looking for some advice on what to wear this season and as our resident style guru, I'd be fascinated to share your insights on this subject.

Do you prefer the grey joggie two-piece, or do you mix and match your shades?

Members online

Back