Celtic and Catholicism

26+6=1

Celtic was founded by Brother Walfred, a man of the people. But he was a Brother, the lowest rank of the Church. What were the Bishops doing for the people Walfred unified?
I was baptised, raised and educated as a Catholic and was deeply religious in my youth. But, as I got older I began to see the hypocrisies; particularly in regard to the conflict in Ireland. The church has always taken the side of our enemy.
It's not easy to reject the church as there is the underlying fear that it is a betrayal of our brave and glorious ancestors who chose destitution and starvation over surrender and assimilation. But then you consider what the church, the bishops, the men in power; not the Brother Walfreds did for those people who showed such unflinching devotion and faith to the cause.
They were like the Whytes and Kellys; consumed by their own power and greed and oblivious to the cause of the common good.
I look forward to the day when Celtic are no longer seen as a 'Catholic' club. We are so much more than that. Our ancestors were so much more than just 'Catholics'.

Last edited:
I totally agree. I too was baptised, raised and educated as a Catholic and from an early age I found most priests and nuns to have weird, cruel and unstable personalities. As I kid I was subjected to sexual advances from my priest. As I grew older I learned the whole of the catholic church is infested with cover ups of rape, child abuse and torture. Not just one or two incidents but 10's of thousands! Now there is Satanic rituals, statues of Moloch and child abuse imagery at the Vatican ffs!

1575602557121.png
1575602625802.png
1575602661759.png
1575602696789.png
1575602759331.png
1575602838407.png

I have never had any issues with any member of the regular clergy; except when they wouldn't debate me. I went to a Christian Brothers primary and my grammar school principal was a priest. Some of the teachers at our school were priests and we always had a parish priest, None of those people ever did anything worse than give me slaps on the hand with a ruler (legally permitted corporal punishment). I had issues with the Bishops and what they decreed and the accommodations they formed with the British.
If anyone responds to this thread please ignore the attention-seeking balloon

I totally agree. I too was baptised, raised and educated as a Catholic and from an early age I found most priests and nuns to have weird, cruel and unstable personalities. As I kid I was subjected to sexual advances from my priest. As I grew older I learned the whole of the catholic church is infested with cover ups of rape, child abuse and torture. Not just one or two incidents but 10's of thousands! Now there is Satanic rituals, statues of Moloch and child abuse imagery at the Vatican ffs!

View attachment 5496
View attachment 5497
View attachment 5498
View attachment 5499
View attachment 5500
View attachment 5501
these are all State punishments

The church fought to save them from state but couldn't if they refused

Domincan records are vast

The stuff you read is protestant propaganda

And it works

And it works
And you plough on in there like a train fulla troll food.

View attachment 5496
View attachment 5497
View attachment 5498
View attachment 5499
View attachment 5500
View attachment 5501

And it works
Celtic was founded by Brother Walfred, a man of the people. But he was a Brother, the lowest rank of the Church. What were the Bishops doing for the people Walfred unified?
I was baptised, raised and educated as a Catholic and was deeply religious in my youth. But, as I got older I began to see the hypocrisies; particularly in regard to the conflict in Ireland. The church has always taken the side of our enemy.
It's not easy to reject the church as there is the underlying fear that it is a betrayal of our brave and glorious ancestors who chose destitution and starvation over surrender and assimilation. But then you consider what the church, the bishops, the men in power; not the Brother Walfreds did for those people who showed such unflinching devotion and faith to the cause.
They were like the Whytes and Kellys; consumed by their own power and greed and oblivious to the cause of the common good.
I look forward to the day when Celtic are no longer seen as a 'Catholic' club. We are so much more than that. Our ancestors were so much more than just 'Catholics'.
Celtic are not a catholic club

Never have been

But because they are open to all from day one.

the club and politicians who hate catholics called the club catholic to create a mythical divide

Now Catholics are welcome at Celtic and the day it rejects them it is no longer the Club I love.

And it works

Celtic are not a catholic club

Never have been

But because they are open to all from day one.

the club and politicians who hate catholics called the club catholic to create a mythical divide

Now Catholics are welcome at Celtic and the day it rejects them it is no longer the Club I love.
Everyone is welcome at CP but when the support indulge in out-dated nonsense, which few of those singing it believe; like 'god bless the pope' it reinforces the Catholic labeling. Few of those who chant that would see the inside of a chapel on a regular basis so what's the point?

Everyone is welcome at CP but when the support indulge in out-dated nonsense, which few of those singing it believe; like 'god bless the pope' it reinforces the Catholic labeling. Few of those who chant that would see the inside of a chapel on a regular basis so what's the point?
I have no idea why people would not go to mass.

Or get married in Catholic Church if they hate the cross?

I also have no idea why people would fly the soviet star at Parkhead and pretend it doesn't belong in the outdated historical bin.

Besides paganism is much older and much more outdated, why would people at Celtic Park or even Irish people want to go back to dark age revelry and lawlessness?

I have no idea why people would not go to mass.

Or get married in Catholic Church if they hate the cross?

I also have no idea why people would fly the soviet star at Parkhead and pretend it doesn't belong in the outdated historical bin.

Besides paganism is much older and much more outdated, why would people at Celtic Park or even Irish people want to go back to dark age revelry and lawlessness?
No offence mo chara but religion is the same con as Sevco; manipulation of faith for personal gain. From the first poor cunts, thousands of years ago, who believed Jesus would return in their lifetime to the poor cunts who believed Dave King would invest his own money.

No offence mo chara but religion is the same con as Sevco; manipulation of faith for personal gain. From the first poor cunts, thousands of years ago, who believed Jesus would return in their lifetime to the poor cunts who believed Dave King would invest his own money.
No offence taken

But I have come to a completely different conclusion

Yet like you I was once a doubter

Nay I was a mocker

View attachment 5496
View attachment 5497
View attachment 5498
View attachment 5499
View attachment 5500
View attachment 5501
💩

Whats hard to believe is that there was one message ( Jesus ) and yet the most recent assessment shows that there are 33,000 denominations of Christianity globally all of whom (including us) have massaged and reshaped the simple philosophy handed down to us to suit prevailing political and social conditions through the centuries (Henry the 8th a case in point) and its hard to understand how anyone can persuade themselves we are a Catholic club while we're all standing by watching Christianity dying on its arse while all the other major religions are on the rise. I still practice on an erratic basis on behalf of deceased family and friends who never wavered from their faith and Celtic are never a thought in my head at these times. Two separate beliefs in my opinion. Rant over. God bless

If you are a Catholic, but you are concerned about what is happening within your church, you may be interested to visit this site: www.churchmilitant.com

Resistance is a Catholic grassroots operation founded and organized by Church Militant to help Catholics learn the riches of their faith, increase in holiness and strive for strong virtue, and combat the heresies and abuses that have infiltrated the Church.

Whats hard to believe is that there was one message ( Jesus ) and yet the most recent assessment shows that there are 33,000 denominations of Christianity globally all of whom (including us) have massaged and reshaped the simple philosophy handed down to us to suit prevailing political and social conditions through the centuries (Henry the 8th a case in point) and its hard to understand how anyone can persuade themselves we are a Catholic club while we're all standing by watching Christianity dying on its arse while all the other major religions are on the rise. I still practice on an erratic basis on behalf of deceased family and friends who never wavered from their faith and Celtic are never a thought in my head at these times. Two separate beliefs in my opinion. Rant over. God bless

Celtic are perceived to be a Catholic club, probably more by comparison and association with the dead club and Sevco. We as supporters can help change that perception by taking religious references out of the songbook.
As for all the denominations, I think of them all as rival brands. This lad is as good an illustration as any

print_header.jpg

Members online

Back