Celtic and Catholicism

Only the priest and the eucharistic ministers get wine at mass round here so no I don't drink the wine and I also don't go up for communion or participate in any of the responses or bless myself or kneel. People who don't know me probably think I'm a visiting prod.
At least your being true to your convictions.

Your protest is real none the less.

Perhaps you will stumble across something that changes your mind.

It might just happen you know.

:p
I already did and it already happened. That's why I no longer fear death mo chara. It's inevitable and inescapable. I'd like to think it's not ultimate but I have no doubt that this me or self is a one off. If there is something else it will be something else entirely.

I already did and it already happened. That's why I no longer fear death mo chara. It's inevitable and inescapable. I'd like to think it's not ultimate but I have no doubt that this me or self is a one off. If there is something else it will be something else entirely.
I've had a couple of bizarre wee incidents to refer to that leave me with no fear of death whatsoever, Mikus.

In a non-morbid and not-at-all pre-empting it in any way, I'm kinda looking forward to it.

I've had a couple of bizarre wee incidents to refer to that leave me with no fear of death whatsoever, Mikus.

In a non-morbid and not-at-all pre-empting it in any way, I'm kinda looking forward to it.
I fully intend to rage against the dying of the light but have seen family members die with courage and dignity as teens and elders alike. If I have a gravestone I want the epitaph to be
'Whatever it is it is. Plough on'.

talking about protestant propaganda yes catholics like myself admit that the church has a lot to answer for over the centuries but i am not buying it from bastards who were sent over to rape and subjegate ireland and then moved accross to the c arolinas and southern states and formed the ku klux klan and burned black people to death in their churches and lynched them from lamposts .these are the same sanctimonious evangelicals who attend their mega churches every week and spew out hatred against catholics blacks jews and everyone else that has a different point of view from them

I'm not surprised after your story about Sweaty Betty (or "Perspiring Elizabeth", as she was known in Broughty Ferry). 🤣💦
And that was my Da' too, BB........what chance did I seriously have after that introduction to adulthood?

Feckin Frank Sinatra and his "regrets, I've had a few"........try walking a mile in my shoes, blue eyes, I'll show you feckin regrets!!!!

I was brought up a pagan, my parents were a we bit loopy. I did attend a Catholic primary & secondary school, thought I got library time instead of RE & Mass. So I don't really understand religion
You lucky bastard. I remember every Sunday sitting waiting to be sent to 12 o'clock mass. I never wanted to go , but was indoctrinated into believing I would suffer god's wrath and be punished by him simply because I didnt want to, which is fucking awful to make a child scared and paint a vision of a God who was supposed to love me as basically a vindictive insecure cunt who would punish children for failing to tug the forelock.

I thought then as I do now, any being that was so vindictive and petty was more likely to be a human invention. Filling children's heads with fear is abuse. Telling a child they will go to the bad fire, as I was, is out of order and nobody will convince me otherwise.

Members online

Back