Celtic blog calls for KT to be sold.

True but I doubt he/agent agreed on the contract that we 'might' listen at 25 mil.
I'm fairly sure we laid down our 'line in the sand' and advised the agent at that price they could talk and contract was signed as such. The structure/sell on etc is for us to negotiate the nitty gritty with the seller you are quite right. Fairly sure the 25 mil offer will allow the player and agent to at least be informed, gives us little leeway to hold out for more unless of course we have more than one bidder....Here's hoping

He simply didn't like my views matey..nothing more and nothing less. I can't just can't fathom the lads material..it's bananas..it's not strategical or informative and doesn't provide a balanced argument..it's all me, me, me
Aye I've seen it in action. Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as I get a fair bit of stick for articles myself (not on here much to be fair) and at the end of the day it's opinion pieces not journalism, but if you can't take criticism. Don't heat up yer beans. Bit totalitarian, if you can be a bit totalitarian :)

True but I doubt he/agent agreed on the contract that we 'might' listen at 25 mil.
I'm fairly sure we laid down our 'line in the sand' and advised the agent at that price they could talk and contract was signed as such. The structure/sell on etc is for us to negotiate the nitty gritty with the seller you are quite right. Fairly sure the 25 mil offer will allow the player and agent to at least be informed, gives us little leeway to hold out for more unless of course we have more than one bidder....Here's hoping

Like you say mate the club likely agreed that if a bid of £25m came in that both player and agent would be informed and that the club would be willing to listen to what was on offer but highly unlikely they agreed to anything more than that......everything else down to negotiations and I don't see KT throwing a tantrum if the club decided the deal doesn't suit.

We'll see what transpires but I still think KT will be here by the close of window.

HH(y)

I wouldn't even use The Celtic FC blog as toilet tissue..all and arguments it makes can easily be drowned with suitable and sustainable arguements. The blog is a soap box for the weak hearted Celtic fan. How can you build a team without KT and CalMac when they are the "team". That dude blocked me out of the Celtic FC blog a few years ago..either come out with a good opinion or sit in the dark.
By the way, where's this week's supplement?

Like you say mate the club likely agreed that if a bid of £25m came in that both player and agent would be informed and that the club would be willing to listen to what was on offer but highly unlikely they agreed to anything more than that......everything else down to negotiations and I don't see KT throwing a tantrum if the club decided the deal doesn't suit.

We'll see what transpires but I still think KT will be here by the close of window.

HH(y)
Spot on I wrote an article for the star earlier saying let's just let the kid choose if and when the club accept. It's the least he deserves. Not exactly Dembele or Ntcham. I think he'll talk and say no thanks personally. Arsenal's star is descending. Tottenham would suit him better in England. If he was my 'client' I'd say he's Bundesliga or Serie A. Technically he'll improve and both would suit his combative nature

Not much of that blog post makes sense. As others have pointed out, we already have the money to finance our transfer plans. We don't need to sell KT at all. And we are much worse side without KT in it. This barely has to be said, but look at us last season when he wasn't in the team. There was a gaping hole that we never filled. I love Scott Brown, but, as a small contrast factoring in Broony's age and role in the team, we played some of our most exciting football last season when he was out of it. KT, for me, will be irreplaceable, which doesn't mean that we won't ever have a good left-back, but we're unlikely to ever have one as good as KT again. The lad isn't just a 'full back' - he provides so much more than that. The work rate and the ability to read the game and instruct others is almost priceless. Certainly worth more than a paltry £25 million. If he is to be sold, £25 million will be genuine daylight robbery. If he wants to go to Arsenal, who aren't going to be challenging for titles in the foreseeable future, it'll be because he wants lots and lots of money. That's fine and I have absolutely no idea what KT thinks about any of this, but we all know what 10-in-a-row means to true Celtic fans.

Spot on I wrote an article for the star earlier saying let's just let the kid choose if and when the club accept. It's the least he deserves. Not exactly Dembele or Ntcham. I think he'll talk and say no thanks personally. Arsenal's star is descending. Tottenham would suit him better in England. If he was my 'client' I'd say he's Bundesliga or Serie A. Technically he'll improve and both would suit his combative nature
read it earlier Niall,Arsenal are reminding me of our "mcginn saga", would £25 million help Lenny improve the team,undoubtedly,would a fit, firing, KT strengthen our defence/team,undoubtedly,but if the club's agree a figure,it should KT's decision,ah well headin tae the fridge tae see whit's on the top shelf! HH

Not much of that blog post makes sense. As others have pointed out, we already have the money to finance our transfer plans. We don't need to sell KT at all. And we are much worse side without KT in it. This barely has to be said, but look at us last season when he wasn't in the team. There was a gaping hole that we never filled. I love Scott Brown, but, as a small contrast factoring in Broony's age and role in the team, we played some of our most exciting football last season when he was out of it. KT, for me, will be irreplaceable, which doesn't mean that we won't ever have a good left-back, but we're unlikely to ever have one as good as KT again. The lad isn't just a 'full back' - he provides so much more than that. The work rate and the ability to read the game and instruct others is almost priceless. Certainly worth more than a paltry £25 million. If he is to be sold, £25 million will be genuine daylight robbery. If he wants to go to Arsenal, who aren't going to be challenging for titles in the foreseeable future, it'll be because he wants lots and lots of money. That's fine and I have absolutely no idea what KT thinks about any of this, but we all know what 10-in-a-row means to true Celtic fans.
Most of that I agreed with Sam but see that last bit. We are all Celtic fans. None of us will ever have to marry that with our career choices and we don't get to judge who is a 'true' fan and who isn't.

Most of that I agreed with Sam but see that last bit. We are all Celtic fans. None of us will ever have to marry that with our career choices and we don't get to judge who is a 'true' fan and who isn't.

I make no judgement. I'm simply stating something that everyone knows: winning 10-in-a-row will transform the squad who accomplishes it into legends. They will be eternal, second only to the Lisbon Lions in terms of legacy and stature. That's all I mean. And, to be clear as well, KT is getting an excellent wage - it's not as if he's flipping burgers through the week to survive. In other words, and I stress that I have no idea if KT wants a move or not (we have, according to reports, turned down the offer and Tierney clearly isn't forcing it through), if he was to move to Arsenal, of all clubs, it won't be for what might you call pragmatic career reasons (i.e. financial necessity or sporting excellence) - I genuinely doubt he'll experience anything at Arsenal in their current state greater than winning 10-in-a-row with us. Maybe he thinks differently, but I haven't seen any evidence of that.

I make no judgement. I'm simply stating something that everyone knows: winning 10-in-a-row will transform the squad who accomplishes it into legends. They will be eternal, second only to the Lisbon Lions in terms of legacy and stature. That's all I mean. And, to be clear as well, KT is getting an excellent wage - it's not as if he's flipping burgers through the week to survive. In other words, and I stress that I have no idea if KT wants a move or not (we have, according to reports, turned down the offer and Tierney clearly isn't forcing it through), if he was to move to Arsenal, of all clubs, it won't be for what might you call pragmatic career reasons (i.e. financial necessity or sporting excellence) - I genuinely doubt he'll experience anything at Arsenal in their current state greater than winning 10-in-a-row with us. Maybe he thinks differently, but I haven't seen any evidence of that.
Again I can't help but agree in principle but afford me a devil's advocate moment.
BR left mid season. All hell broke loose. The underlying message was not that he left, but when he did. On the verge of Treble Treble etc.
Tierney is already a legend. He is already eternal in my mind. An Invincible and a treble treble winner.
Now I'm not putting words in your mouth regrading BR, but had he left for Leicester at the end of the season rather than now, would the goalposts be moved. Would it be 'had you just stayed for the 10 you'd have been a legend'?'
Is Tierney now getting the same thing? one more push and we'll give you Lisbon Lions prestige. Or if we reached say the last 8 this year, would we move the goalposts again? 'this team could emulate Lisbon, why don't you stay kid'
His current salary sets him for life. No doubts. His Premier League deal sorts his mum dad, kids to be, grandkids and their kids financially for their lives.
Where do we just decide it's just his choice?

Again I can't help but agree in principle but afford me a devil's advocate moment.
BR left mid season. All hell broke loose. The underlying message was not that he left, but when he did. On the verge of Treble Treble etc.
Tierney is already a legend. He is already eternal in my mind. An Invincible and a treble treble winner.
Now I'm not putting words in your mouth regrading BR, but had he left for Leicester at the end of the season rather than now, would the goalposts be moved. Would it be 'had you just stayed for the 10 you'd have been a legend'?'
Is Tierney now getting the same thing? one more push and we'll give you Lisbon Lions prestige. Or if we reached say the last 8 this year, would we move the goalposts again? 'this team could emulate Lisbon, why don't you stay kid'
His current salary sets him for life. No doubts. His Premier League deal sorts his mum dad, kids to be, grandkids and their kids financially for their lives.
Where do we just decide it's just his choice?

No, I would've been absolutely fine with Rodgers if he left at the end of the season and not like a thief in the night. If Brendan had released an explanatory statement or held a press conference explaining that he felt he had taken Celtic as far as they could go and he was going to leave at the end of the season after having competed for the treble treble, not a bad word would've crossed my lips about Mr Rodgers. I don't doubt, by the way, that Rodgers is a Celtic fan. Celtic fans can be shithouses too. He was just more of a fan of money and the prestige of plying his trade in England than he was of Celtic.

The idea that we will ever win the CL again is absolutely absurd and if anyone pitched that as an idea to Kieran Tierney as why he should remain at Celtic, they'd be pissing in the wind. 10-in-a-row is an actual possibility. Repeating Lisbon isn't even on the spectrum of reality. My point is very simple: Celtic fans almost unanimously agree that 10-in-a-row is the most important attainable milestone for our club since Lisbon. Thus, Celtic fans will want to do anything they can to achieve this milestone. As easy as ABC.

I have absolutely no idea about the financial state of Kieran Tierney's family. Where I come from, the kind of money he's on at Celtic would be enough to share the wealth with his family. If you want to go down the road of conjecture, there is nothing to stop KT staying to fight for 10 and then, if he so wishes, moving on to pastures new. Maybe this is what he wants to do, or maybe he wants to join that group of young ultra-rich ballers who show off their monthly brand new cars, £250,000 watches and multi-million quid mega-mansions on this 'Instagram' malarkey. That's a huge thing these days. KT doesn't strike me as that type, more of a modest Andy Robertson type, but that's a whole culture that infects football these days. Again, this is all just conjecture. And I wouldn't blame KT if he left us for Arsenal, but outside of him being forced out the door, I would think less of him as a person. Not in some dramatic sense, but in exactly the manner I've outlined above. I'm sure he'd get over that one though :p

I always thought KT would end up at a truly top European club competing for CL success and for titles in one of the elite European leagues. Arsenal are a club in a downward spiral in an elite league. Still able to offer shitloads of cash though.

Last edited:
No, I would've been absolutely fine with Rodgers if he left at the end of the season and not like a thief in the night. If Brendan had released an explanatory statement or held a press conference explaining that he felt he had taken Celtic as far as they could go and he was going to leave at the end of the season after having competed for the treble treble, not a bad word would've crossed my lips about Mr Rodgers. I don't doubt, by the way, that Rodgers is a Celtic fan. Celtic fans can be shithouses too. He was just more of a fan of money and the prestige of plying his trade in England than he was of Celtic.

The idea that we will ever win the CL again is absolutely absurd and if anyone pitched that as an idea to Kieran Tierney as why he should remain at Celtic, they'd be pissing in the wind. 10-in-a-row is an actual possibility. Repeating Lisbon isn't even on the spectrum of reality. My point is very simple: Celtic fans almost unanimously agree that 10-in-a-row is the most important attainable milestone for our club since Lisbon. Thus, Celtic fans will want to do anything they can to achieve this milestone. As easy as ABC.

I have absolutely no idea about the financial state of Kieran Tierney's family. Where I come from, the kind of money he's on at Celtic would be enough to share the wealth with his family. If you want to go down the road of conjecture, there is nothing to stop KT staying to fight for 10 and then, if he so wishes, moving on to pastures new.

I always thought KT would end up at a truly top European club competing for CL success and for titles in one of the elite European leagues. Arsenal are a club in a downward spiral in an elite league. Still able to offer shitloads of cash though.
Like I said and I hope you realise it, the points weren't directed at you they were purely a devil's advocate approach as to where you draw the line depending on where we reach each season. Invincible, treble treble, the 9, the 10. Where do you draw the line? The Champions league is a pipe dream but if the squad made the last 16 (which we've done) or maybe reached the last 8, you can see where I'm taking this, Some fans (and not necessarily you) would look to the next step, the possibilities we can reach if we continue to improve. I possibly would myself.
When is a good time for a player to go?
There is always the next thing we can achieve. Being a footballer and being a supporter of the team you support does not marry if you've shown signs of outgrowing your environment (league not club).
I fully agree however for me it wouldn't be Arsenal. I said earlier their star isn't exactly in the ascendency. Bayern Munich is where I saw him or Juventus, but maybe Arsenal is that next step to get there.
But seeing as he is a fan and seeing he is a player and seeing as he'll know his financial position and career aspirations more than any supporter, then how about we just say. Thanks for everything. Hop off the bus when you see fit. You've already earned it

Members online

Latest posts

Back