Can Celtic win Europa League?

Ray

Big Chris JULLIEN,claims we can win it ? As much as I and am sure all Celt fans would love that ,can we be a bit more realistic here! Unless we hit topform ,and It could happen ,doubt it will, not being pessimistic,but,rather be optimistic,can’t see it ,what do you think? Personally I would be happy with a last 8 finish ,that would be progress,hh

Whatever happens in the EL is a bonus as it’s just a sideshow. Sure great if we could win it.
But all I want this year is the 9.
Then for the biggie 10 iar.
I know we want to win everything that we enter. But for a certain scumclub 9 then 10
Would send the moonhowlingbastards bananas. Now that I’d pay to watch.
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Whatever happens in the EL is a bonus as it’s just a sideshow. Sure great if we could win it.
I know we want to win everything that we enter. But for a certain scumclub 9 then 10
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
Agree 9 then 10 ! A good run in EL would be nice ,but if interferes with our league quest ?well ,have to be carefull of injuries etc ,hh

French Eyes on Poland as Celtic's £7million summer signing targets Europa League Glory...

It’s great to have the ambition to go the length to final ,if only!!!!!!!! ,would love it ,but good results along the way would be grand ! Hh

European football after Santa visits us would be good this season IMHO, we will be that far ahead in the league by then European football would ease the boredom 👍👍.

However I think Celtic should prioritise the league first, then second priority the League and thirdly the league., not necessarily in that order 😂😅😂😅😂😅.

And if we could perhaps win a couple of domestic, sorry retain the domestic cups that would be nice 👌😏⚽.

European football after Santa visits us would be good this season IMHO, we will be that far ahead in the league by then European football would ease the boredom 👍👍.

However I think Celtic should prioritise the league first, then second priority the League and thirdly the league., not necessarily in that order 😂😅😂😅😂😅.

And if we could perhaps win a couple of domestic, sorry retain the domestic cups that would be nice 👌😏⚽.
👌hh

I'll be happy if we just give a good account of ourselves no matter how far we get. I don't want any 5-0 drubbings or Cluj like performances. If we go out, we go out fighting. Especially at Celtic park. I want our opposition to remember our passionate fans and the atmosphere we create. This was the case when we got to the final in 2003.

I personally think the new bhoys(boli/jules) should be taken aside and be spoken to. I have no problem with them being ambitious or having targets but I don't think they have been here long enough to understand the way celtic conduct themselves in the media. The cesspit that we exist in crave these sort of statements and If things don't go our way it's making rods for our own backs. Possibly giving opposition extra incentive to take us out as well.
We haven't kicked a ball yet in this competition and I'd much rather do our talking on the pitch.
Play well, earn the points then let the media ask. This early boast or over confidence is admirable but I feel it's better suited to trolls across the Clyde.

We have improved defensively , the proof we will all see on Thursday. Will we be able to shake off the rabbits caught in the headlights that the whole team have suffered from too many times?

I think a lot of that is down to our players being afraid to try things for fear of giving away the ball when the defence has been awful.

I don’t think we are anywhere near good enough to win the EL. I do hope though that we get rid of the easy touch type of team. My euro trips were all with MON’s team and they too got fucked nearly every away game. The difference was they could beat most at home. This team need to start rely in on their ability to beat teams at home.

Thursday will tell us all if we’ve have improved. Another skelpingwith a Defence all over the place would be a right hammer blow. I am hopeful but hope is useless unlesstjevdefence tighten up and mid to front don’t freeze. Qualifying from this group would be great. Anything’s big else would be a massive plus.

This last part give more insight to what he really meant. He meant we have a winning mentality, and thats the way it should be, you have to have belief, if you go into ANY game and think you are going to lose, 9 times out of 10 you will lose.

“We don’t know what will happen. It’s game by game and we’ll see. In our heads we think of trophies. This is the way we should think.”

“We’ll take it game by game and see what it is,” Jullien said.

I personally think the new bhoys(boli/jules) should be taken aside and be spoken to. I have no problem with them being ambitious or having targets but I don't think they have been here long enough to understand the way celtic conduct themselves in the media. The cesspit that we exist in crave these sort of statements and If things don't go our way it's making rods for our own backs. Possibly giving opposition extra incentive to take us out as well.
We haven't kicked a ball yet in this competition and I'd much rather do our talking on the pitch.
Play well, earn the points then let the media ask. This early boast or over confidence is admirable but I feel it's better suited to trolls across the Clyde.
Agree do all your talking on the pitch leave the headlines to the muppets

Give a good account of ourselves in europe no more humpings and hopefully get to the later stages would be a good year

Boasting before a ball is kicked is what the other mob do followed by falling on there arse

Big Chris JULLIEN,claims we can win it ? As much as I and am sure all Celt fans would love that ,can we be a bit more realistic here! Unless we hit topform ,and It could happen ,doubt it will, not being pessimistic,kķkķut,rather be optimistic,can’t see it ,what do you think? Personally I would be happy with a last 8 finish ,that would be progress,hh
Short answer is no we can't. Longer answer is that we do have the talent pool to go deep into this tourney , without disrespecting rennes or cluj our last group was tougher. This could be a cl group easily. Problem for me is the cl 3rd place dropouts drop in which I don't think is right , you're either out or not. They are not though and many are a higher level above us. If not forthat we could go quartersfinals but we now have players in the side loaneesor not who are the real deal so I disagree with chick nick (what a surprise ) that we won't threaten in France lemony has proved his euro credentials before and will again I've no doubts of this HH

Last edited:
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
I with JamSam on this. There is nothing wrong with ambition, but, reality usually p pisses all over it. 9then10 and then we can concentrate on trying Europe.
looking forward to watching us get a result in France.
COYBIG.

Members online

Latest posts

Back