Celtic fans/Green brigade do next to nothing to call out the referees and their blatant anti Celtic hatred and prejudice.

You hit 'the nail on the head' for me CR.

The point about the 5WA is a central one for me, with this board.

For the life of me, I cannot see how they were unaware of it. Even with their proven level of incompetence.

I know there is, as yet, no proof of their knowledge of it, out there. But if evidence were to emerge, it would be seismic ally destructive for them, both as a board and personally. And also potentially their 'Old Firm' brand.

I think this is at the root of their inaction and cowardice. Could it also be the reason for no FFP in Scotland?

Across the river, at Sevco, it is full battle lines drawn, over every perceived minor slight or issue. Why? Because they have nothing to lose or fear with exposure of the 5WA. So therefore, no fear in adopting a policy of confrontation.

A confrontational strategy will also help keep one of their biggest nightmares at bay. - FFP.

Why the necessity to keep it secret?

If the 5WA was straightforward, and there is nothing to fear for any of the parties to it, then make it public. Show we sceptics and conspiracy theorists, to be nothing more than that. Conspiracy zealots.

Failure to do so, only adds to the sense of something needing to be kept secret, for fear of its exposure being damaging to some party. Whether that be the governing bodies or Sevco.

It cannot be Celtic, as we were not party to it, nor had knowledge of it, according to our Board.

So why the reluctance by the Celtic Board to push for its placement into the public domain? This only adds to the impression, that they too, had a hand in what occured. If only by tacit acceptance and inaction.

I firmly believe the details will eventually see the light of day. The most likely earliest time being, should 'Sevco' go bust.

Excuse my cynicism again, but the blinder currently being played by the Celtic Board, should ensure that this will not happen for a long time. If ever.
The big distraction in all this was ,,,winning ,, stopped a lot of people looking under rocks and got the fans attention well away from Auldheids discovery of what was actually at play

The board played a blinder come to think of it maybe Rodgers appointment had fk all to do with Desmond being abused and more to do with to many people probing and asking the right questions by the time the Res12 fellas had handed over what they knew the barriers went up ,,,,,the board proper fkd them tommy

And the support ,,,,,they didn't care we were winning ,,,let's move on ,a want ma seat for saturday ,,,,protest are you kidding ?

just some of the shite answers put up on different boards ,,,,kinda made you really glad you stood in the pissing rain many a nights to get the old board out ,only to let the new entitled supporter in

The first alert was the inaction by the board to the Nimmo smith verdict and the sfa's sleakit part in it i expected a board member or company lawyer to go right through every detail point by point and blow these fkrs out the water

,,,,instead we got silence ,

The pathetic punishments handed out that were ignored by sevco then rewritten to help sevco and still silence

Res 12 again we all knew what happened then ,in fairness it was a hard sell as most of the support found it hard to follow what had went on ,,,a simplified version ,,,,we were robbed ,,,,, just didn't cut it

For me the 5 way agreement is the hang mans noose ,Riley's absence and Lawwells denial are damming ,are we to believe Riley went on holiday and never once checked his inbox

when he was in full knowledge something was planned ,...numerous drafts of the 5wa prove that

and he never showed it to the club ,an agreement that would have an impact on us financially

Lawwell didn't see it ,,didn't here about it ,,,,now has stepped down

I know of one director who was over the moon when sevco got promoted as they could now charge what they want for corporate and hospitality

the customer in the stand matters not a feck and are becoming just as gullible as the sevco mob,
we don't play on a level playing field and it's our board that's tipping it in sevcos favour

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand your points on the manager speaking out...but what has he to gain when he isnt backed....he will be an angry Australian who can't handle the pressure at Celtic. The media will have their angle on him and will attack attack attack. Lennon called the SPFL out on their handling of celtic during covid. The media easily brushed over this and used lennons usual anger and hot headedness against him. They were only able to do this because at no point did our board back him. There is a chance Ange knows the landscape of Scottish football a bit more than he let's on. He's a smart guy. He starts calling out the refs without the backing of our board there's only one winner and it won't be him. Yes, he has a duty to protect our players. But he needs help from our board who are failing miserably at protecting all parts of our club.
I see it differently Lubo,
..and its the very careful way it must be worded by him that will be the difference.
Such as,

"these tackles on my boys are career ending if they catch them planted or wrong footed because just take a look for yourselves and tell me you wouldn't warn them as your own sons against going out there for a maiming".

Its my duty to address and challenge this and the referees about the serious worries I have for my players and their livelihoods...other wise their safety is flaunted and compromised by these very authorities.....someone has to care and interfere on their behalf.

continuing;

"tell me if you dare this isn't intentional to physically hurt, ....
in the recent past, Healey (rangers) on Forrest sending him 4 feet in the air, with no contact near the ball...Collum gives a yellow card,,, Forrest out for 11 weeks including wages!!

Sinclair chopped in the thigh, from vey high boot.....Motherwell Edwardes attack ... nothing... no sending off.
Brown from Naismith.....a dirty bastard if there ever was one....

Brown facially punched from Kent ...unbelievable he even stayed on the park.......common hun thug.
Morelos on Brown.....the Colombian crusher
Morelos on Christie..... the Colombian grinder
Morelos on Ralston....the Colombian crippler

Tierney; suffered a Cup final v an Aberdeen butcher cum player's elbow smashed in his face losing teeth and hospitalised.... nothing done.

"Christie's facial injury playing against Aberdeen ,....in hospital for two weeks"

Sunday past; Fuchs is clearly a thug and should suffer the same in a similar street attack.
and many, many more since.

Seigrist.... a talentless failure and cowardly trash.

This is more than happens to any other single club in Britain And a recurrence of a savagery, repeated on Celtic players on an unprecedented scale.
Yet we ignore it to the point we do nothing and have knowingly done nothing to date.

Irrespective of who says it, we must get it said, get angry and animated to the camera...and to hell with the worthwhile fines and punishment, It could surprise us where this may go.
They ARE Ange's boys because HE sends them out there and must get upset at the violence inflicted by these peanut-worth players who attack them.

John Thomson a young Celtic goalie killed, (22) kicked in the head while playing...my father read an English newspaper at the time, the writer stating it was clearly intentional from the Rangers midfielder Sam English to kick him in the head because the ball was loose and 5 feet from his skull at the time of the assault.
Thousand attested to this at the time but this has been largely ignored or doctored since.
It was always suggested Englishes' knee connected with his skull but 12 thousand fans watching from behind the goal were irate at that and bombarded the newspaper with their truth.... and certain it was his lower foot or heel to Thomson's head.

My father said all his life that although there were no TV repeats nor replays or photographs of the incident, far, far too many fans went ballistic at what they saw as the brutal foot (not knee) that murdered Thomson, and it was deliberate.
A member of my family still has the excerpt today.

I challenge anyone to document anything of the like of what has been afflicting us for decades. and still not count them as serious assaults in the hundreds.

The SFA will get it in the neck IF they punish Ange as a silencer to what looks like a cover up to these career threatening injuries.
Our board is less than useless, and Ange will not be shut up once he starts or he's as good as gone.
Mounting injuries ensure Celtic's league and cup plans are going no-where again, yet impacting on his reputation and maybe shot ....for good.

He has to meet this head on.....or get out now.
His hands and footballing abilities are tied by his own tongue if he remains silent...or maybe he's not as smart as we think he is.
You must deal with thuggery...Not silence it.

Last edited:
It's a very emotive issue, especially when we love the club so much, and with the way things are going at the moment
My take on it is, we are not in Ange's position, therefore we may rant and rave about what 'could or should be done' but he can't be seen by the Board, SFA, etc, to even give 'veiled criticism' towards either, as that would bring sanctions, whether we like it or not
He is just in the door, has been left with a mess to turn around, and I guarantee that if you had just started a job, and then criticised business partners, or for that matter, your boss, your career in that position, would not be a long one
Don't know what's going to happen with all this, but hopefully we manage to get the ship righted starting this week

KTF
COYBIG

..and its the very careful way it must be worded by him that will be the difference.
Such as,

"these tackles on my boys are career ending if they catch them planted or wrong footed because just take a look for yourselves and tell me you wouldn't warn them as your own sons against going out there for a maiming".

Its my duty to address and challenge this and the referees about the serious worries I have for my players and their livelihoods...other wise their safety is flaunted and compromised by these very authorities.....someone has to care and interfere on their behalf.

continuing;

in the recent past, Healey (rangers) on Forrest sending him 4 feet in the air, with no contact near the ball...Collum gives a yellow card,,, Forrest out for 11 weeks including wages!!

Sinclair chopped in the thigh, from vey high boot.....Motherwell Edwardes attack ... nothing... no sending off.

Brown facially punched from Kent ...unbelievable he even stayed on the park.......common hun thug.

Tierney; suffered a Cup final v an Aberdeen butcher cum player's elbow smashed in his face losing teeth and hospitalised.... nothing done.

"Christie's facial injury playing against Aberdeen ,....in hospital for two weeks"

Sunday past; Fuchs is clearly a thug and should suffer the same in a similar street attack.

This is more than happens to any other single club in Britain And a recurrence of a savagery, repeated on Celtic players on an unprecedented scale.
Yet we ignore it to the point we do nothing and have knowingly done nothing to date.

Irrespective of who says it, we must get it said, get angry and animated to the camera...and to hell with the worthwhile fines and punishment, It could surprise us where this may go.
They ARE Ange's boys because HE sends them out there and must get upset at the violence inflicted by these peanut-worth players who attack them.

John Thomson a young Celtic goalie killed, (22) kicked in the head while playing...my father read an English newspaper at the time, the writer stating it was clearly intentional from the Rangers midfielder Sam English to kick him in the head because the ball was loose and 5 feet from his skull at the time of the assault.
Thousand attested to this at the time but this has been largely ignored or doctored since.
It was always suggested Englishes' knee connected with his skull but 12 thousand fans watching from behind the goal were irate at that and bombarded the newspaper with their truth.... and certain it was his lower foot or heel to Thomson's head.

My father said all his life that although there were no TV repeats nor replays or photographs of the incident, far, far too many fans went ballistic at what they saw as the brutal foot (not knee) that murdered Thomson, and it was deliberate.

I challenge anyone to document anything of the like of what has been afflicting us for decades. and still not count them as serious assaults in the hundreds.

The SFA will get it in the neck IF they punish Ange as a silencer to what looks like a cover up to these career threatening injuries.
Our board is less than useless, and Ange will not be shut up once he starts or he's as good as gone.
Mounting injuries ensure Celtic's league and cup plans are going no-where again, yet impacting on his reputation and maybe shot ....for good.

His hands and footballing abilities are tied by his own tongue if he remains silent...or maybe he's not as smart as we think he is.
You must deal with thuggery...Not silence!
JC we seem to have veered off a bit from the title of this thread
“Celtic fans/Green Brigade do next to nothing to call out the Referees and their blatant Anti Catholic hatred and Pejudice.

On reading this if I’m not mistaken you are not happy about the fans and the GB doing nothing about anti catholic hatred and prejudice?

I am sorry but Glasgow last week has just witnessed 34 Orange Order marches through our city and we had people from the Call it out organisation trying their best to protect our places of worship.

We had to witness the trashing of our civic space in May with paramedics and general public subjected to the worst display of anti Catholic bigotry and Anti Irish racism seen in years.

We have people in the highest echelons of our society being subjected to the most vile abuse because they stood up against what has recently being displayed on our streets.

And you really believe that the SFA will get it in the neck if they try to punish Ange as a silencer if he called out the referees as it would seem like a cover up - honestly?

Oh and who is going to give it in neck to the SFA?
You think smsm would give them it in the neck?

so in conclusion you want our new manager Ange Postegoglu to call out the anti catholic bigotry of the Lanarkshire Referees association?
And if he doesn’t his career is over by default.

If this is correct then who is the next Celtic manager that would fit your bill ‘to meet this head on’?

No aspect of our club will ever get the protection it deserves, unless it is in the selfish interest of our board to do so.

They are self serving, gutless, obsequious
posers. Only in their position at the whim of Dermot Desmond. He does not want to rock any boat whatsoever. It is unbecoming of his social status and self image to do so.

The directors are therefore comfortable, preening at cup finals, sporting their free club ties, pompous in their designated parking space and enjoying the director"s perks. They will not, under any circumstance, do anything that might upset Desmond.

It is the Lobster Thermidor Brigade with caviar entree, quaffed with fine wines and champers, in all its glory.

Meanwhile across the city - - - -.
I thought everyone had lobster Thermidor and caviar pre match🤔

These scum bags here are Ange,s biggest problems.
You dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand when you lose the quality of Ajer,Christie,Eduoard,Kyogo,Jamsie,and Callum,that you will have problems,just like we have had..
These scum bags are hovering above the big man waiting for his next fall.
These are the same rats who waited for 3 years to watch slippy win the league,they seem to forget this guy has been here 3 months and IMO has progressed more in that time than Lennon did in 2 years,Lennon was too busy addressing his messiah with yes Peter,no Peter,o.k. Peter..
This is not an Ange Postecoglou problem,this man inherited the problems at Celtic from the 2 men responsible for costing us 10 iar,need I say anymore.

HH
The very fact that you say 2 men cost the ten speaks volumes about the board. Completely ineffective to put it mildly.

JC we seem to have veered off a bit from the title of this thread
“Celtic fans/Green Brigade do next to nothing to call out the Referees and their blatant Anti Catholic hatred and Pejudice.

On reading this if I’m not mistaken you are not happy about the fans and the GB doing nothing about anti catholic hatred and prejudice?

I am sorry but Glasgow last week has just witnessed 34 Orange Order marches through our city and we had people from the Call it out organisation trying their best to protect our places of worship.

We had to witness the trashing of our civic space in May with paramedics and general public subjected to the worst display of anti Catholic bigotry and Anti Irish racism seen in years.

We have people in the highest echelons of our society being subjected to the most vile abuse because they stood up against what has recently being displayed on our streets.

And you really believe that the SFA will get it in the neck if they try to punish Ange as a silencer if he called out the referees as it would seem like a cover up - honestly?

Oh and who is going to give it in neck to the SFA?
You think smsm would give them it in the neck?

so in conclusion you want our new manager Ange Postegoglu to call out the anti catholic bigotry of the Lanarkshire Referees association?
And if he doesn’t his career is over by default.

If this is correct then who is the next Celtic manager that would fit your bill ‘to meet this head on’?
I see the referees partiality and ignorance to deal with the disgusting fouls and dangerous play dished out on our players week in week out as a 'couldn't care less' attitude on them because it's Celtic and the more injuries we sustain the merrier.....all going to the benefit and aid of another rancid klub. Hence the title of this thread.

This suggests to the vast majority of us, a prejudiced and anti Celtic hating shower of referees getting an easy ride for the 90 minutes.

l still steadfastly standby, that firstly if the manager picks the players he thinks good enough to step onto the park he has to stand up for them when the opposition tackles are brutal and potentially career threatening.... who else is before him to complain...the board?

He is responsible for them and their safety and no one else is, by virtue of HE sends them into a danger zone...as it is turning out to be....regarding Celtic's recent injury list.

....and secondly our cowardly board.......??? no chance!
They SHOULD standby and back him and whatever he contends as dangerous play by calling out the referee if its not dealt with, and especially if its obvious when replays show he has been negligent in his inaction.

As if by luck Celtic blogger James Forrest has two different articles on this exact subject at the moment, where he denigrates both Jack Ross for his failure to mention and the Hibernian board for their silence regarding the overzealous treatment dished out on his players and referee Walsh ignoring every one.
This eventually led to a rash tackle by the.... AND by now much pissed off defender Porteous being sent off for his aforementioned tackle.

The other article being a scenario played out by him (Forrest) with a call to the Celtic board on standing up for Ange and his rage regarding tackles and fouls against his players ...only to be diverted to a call intercepted by Ange in mid-rant to his board about the very same subject.

As for veering off this thread, I think by way off our manager publicly calling out 'bleu' murder because his players are dealt the shocking treatment they receive on a weekly basis, then I think both fans and manager alike should be shouting the house down about it.
They are inextricably linked by way of its our team and his players....being harmed. As per this posts' title and how WE should be dealing with it.

As evidenced recently by Klopp, Guardiola and Simione

JC really? we as fans should be ‘dealing’ with the corruption of the referees in our game? well well that’s a new one on me. How do you propose for the fans/GB and their inextricably link to the team and manager go about that? “By shouting the house down” to who?

i would much rather try and think of proper solutions but to be honest, and after Res12 and those who fought for years the injustice in that and sadly got nowhere, I doubt the fans will get anywhere with the refereeing corruption we are faced within the Scottish game.
If Ange took this forward to the Board and he might have already but I cannot see them taking this fight to the SFA, especially if the Board were reluctant previously with all the proof that was given for RES 12, I hardly see this going anywhere.
Now we must ask Why that happened to Res12 and was it maybe ‘inextricably linked’to the FWA?

Sevco must win this league this season to ensure they receive c £40m to keep them in business and so in kicks the FWA (at a guess) all hands to the deck so to speak.

and now toddles along Celtic and the referees situation to put a stop to the fouling, red cards, false decisions, by the corrupt referees and I must say that wouldn’t go down too well with the queens eleven & co.

I do not know any company that places the responsibility on line managers for employees safety. It is the company who is held to account for that as employers. And so with that this firmly lies at the feet of DD and the Celtic Board as the team and Ange’s employers to take any action not Angie Postegoglu’s.

CR.
I don't get your reticence to give any idea suggested in my post a go.
As you allude to yourself YOU don't think it would work.
How do you know that?

I never had you down as this negative previously.

You don't appear to come up with much as a positive, or potential solution yourself.
However I concur, everything else the fans have tried so far has had little effect.
Negativity is the antecedent to failure...

Neither did I say 'WE' should deal with the referees ONLY that Celtic fans should call them out loudly and by name...WHEN THEY DON'T DEAL WITH SHOCKING FOUL PLAY ...AND VERY OBVIOUS SENDING OFFS.

I have already stated all ideas by all Celtic fans have to be welcomed irrespective of their content.
I can remember the seventies when the fans cries of cheating refs, and having their names belted out on TV across the country had a profound effect on them.

Saint and Greavsie had the odd referee on their show in the eighties who said as much, to the point of they tried even harder to get it right and not to look partial towards any one team.
Ken Burns and Jack Taylor were two I can (vaguely) remember.
I think Jack Taylor had been called the greatest referee of all time around then.
I do remember referee Burns saying it was the worst feeling in the world when his name was being thrown up in the air and trashed for weeks by angry fans....and upset his family.
Jack Taylor did say his wife insisted he has to show less ambivalence which he said "got them off his back to a large degree".

He did say that when the crowd left him alone he knew he was doing a good job, and 'quaked in his boots when the match ended and the crowd calling him terrible things when he got the topical ones wrong'.

What WILL work if every idea isn't given a go.

Failure to act is the precursor to a downfall.

Last edited:
JC, I suppose it’s difficult to see a positive way out of this state of affairs when our Board sit and do absolutely nothing and maybe worse.

You are correct and we need to think of how to counter what is happening in our game here in Scotland it’s sometimes too easy to just throw our hands up in the air and say it’s futile.

I like the idea of the fans calling out the refs names at the games - maybe a couple of songs/chants about them and their treatment and disrespect to our team would be an idea although not an easy one. . Also the GB could do some banners and maybe just maybe the camera won’t cut them out by lowering their lenses but I agree something has to be done about this.

it just saddens me when the powers that be in Celtic Board are not standing up for what is right for our club and it’s supporters. That’s maybe why I came across as negative just the sheer futility of it.

I hope and I’m sure there are people within our support who can and will think up ways that we can move forward on this but in an organised way.

the call it out campaign against Catholic Bigotry and Anti Irish Racism have some great leaders and made a huge difference in getting the correct name for what was previously named sectarianism and so some group along those lines may work to get action on the referees in Scotland.
positive Rosie 🙏💚

JC, I suppose it’s difficult to see a positive way out of this state of affairs when our Board sit and do absolutely nothing and maybe worse.

You are correct and we need to think of how to counter what is happening in our game here in Scotland it’s sometimes too easy to just throw our hands up in the air and say it’s futile.

I like the idea of the fans calling out the refs names at the games - maybe a couple of songs/chants about them and their treatment and disrespect to our team would be an idea although not an easy one. . Also the GB could do some banners and maybe just maybe the camera won’t cut them out by lowering their lenses but I agree something has to be done about this.

it just saddens me when the powers that be in Celtic Board are not standing up for what is right for our club and it’s supporters. That’s maybe why I came across as negative just the sheer futility of it.

I hope and I’m sure there are people within our support who can and will think up ways that we can move forward on this but in an organised way.

the call it out campaign against Catholic Bigotry and Anti Irish Racism have some great leaders and made a huge difference in getting the correct name for what was previously named sectarianism and so some group along those lines may work to get action on the referees in Scotland.
positive Rosie 🙏💚

I can't disagree with any of that Rosie and feel the same angst...especially the seemingly never-ending silence from our own cowardly board....whom I think are not fit for purpose.

That shower across the city have a board ....Park, Johnston et al who get involved on a regular basis ....with a nonsense replete with absolute childish claptrap unbefitting of positions of any relevance.

Yet, Celtic have reams of evidence and countless questions left unanswered in our outboxes since Farry resigned and Fergus reigned.

This incredulity doesn't look like changing anytime soon....😔☹️

Let's embarass them. I remember when we would chant "the referee's a bastard". Do it constantly let the cameras hear what we're saying. There's only so much editing you can do. Maybe the question will be asked by neutrals why our fans chant that phrase? Explaining would be difficult for the bent organisations running our game. Don't stop till someone addresses the problem.

Last edited:
I see Dundee have banned boyd over his comments about Griff....dirty fat bastard basically calling for the scum to abuse the guy. An ex pro footballer, who's brother sadly committed suicide due to mental health problems, using his newspaper article and power to whip up the scummiest, dirtiest, vilest people on the planet to abuse a fellow footballer who he knows suffers from mental health. Well done Dundee.....can't imagine the Celtic board standing up for our players like that.
The Void runs a mental heath charity…enuf said eh?
Thats like Peter Sutcliffe in charge of the hardware shelf at B&Q.

Let's embarass them. I remember when we would chant "the referee's a bastard". Do it constantly let the cameras hear what we're saying. There's only so much editing you can do. Maybe the question will be asked by neutrals why our fans chant that phrase? Explaining would be difficult for the bent organisations running our game. Don't stop till someone addresses the problem.
Those stats on Walsh are something else tho…in his last 7 Sevco games, in 6 of them the opposition have had a red?? And he works at the Sevco Academy in his day job??
He might as well pull a blue shirt on.

Such as,

continuing;

You must deal with thuggery...Not silence it.
I had never heard as much detail about the John Thomson incident JC it would be interesting if anyone else could add to it with story’s from their Father/grand fathers.
On the subject of calling it out who should do what IMO mate it’s a bit harsh to put it all on the managers shoulders. Yes he should be calling out dodgy decisions or bad tackles when getting interviewed but it should be as a club that we go for the SFA ,SPL or LRA

Members online

Latest posts

Back