Celtic FC - ICONS: Bertie Auld (Part 1)

This is an extremely important interview!

To have Bertie explaing his life is not only a completely incredible thing but the info he provides will be the Patsy Gallagher n John Thomson for the future.

I was verry verry lucky to get to play a game at paradise years ago thro sum t-mobile pish, athlough I was 28 at the time n the game destroyed me coz I'd been enjoying wine, wummin n song for 10 years, it was as close to a religious experience that I'd ever felt! Bertie was our manager n Joe McBride was the other manager!
Bertie is an incredible person! After you're lucky enuf to be in his company, you yearn to be in his company again!
A true Celt!
Love you Mr. Auld!!! ???

To have Bertie explaing his life is not only a completely incredible thing but the info he provides will be the Patsy Gallagher n John Thomson for the future.

I was verry verry lucky to get to play a game at paradise years ago thro sum t-mobile pish, athlough I was 28 at the time n the game destroyed me coz I'd been enjoying wine, wummin n song for 10 years, it was as close to a religious experience that I'd ever felt! Bertie was our manager n Joe McBride was the other manager!
Bertie is an incredible person! After you're lucky enuf to be in his company, you yearn to be in his company again!
A true Celt!
Love you Mr. Auld!!! ???
belter maestro!!! Hail Hail Bertie, took no shit from anybody,lives and breathes Celtic!!!! oh and he would have knocked phuq out naismith!!!!!

Naysmiff?!? Who the fuq, he?

Me half way thro the BBC Alba Tommy Burns prog!!!

Definitely the best Celtic doc there has ever been!
....but always Cannae watch the last 10mins, I know its coming! but no way can I sit thro Tommy or Murdoch's funeral!!!!?

God Bless Tam Burns? It was an absolute pleasure!
Thank you ?

My deepest regret as a Celtic fan is not seeing enuf of Danny McGrain. I seen him playing right at the end of '83 season n will always remember him being at the corner at the jungle n hun end, 3 players surrounding his back, he threw his left arm out, pointing n lookinging at the jungle, that took 2 guys distraction for split second, came Inside like a flash n got the ball free to fellow Tim.
That was Danny at the very end of his career!

What a player and a person,
True Celt?

A true Celt!
Love you Mr. Auld!!! ???

I had the fortune to watch Bertie on many many occassions

Good old Glesga term 'GALLUS' is a very apt description of the wee man and he didn't take prisoners either Could be a wee bit naughty at times too but he could certainly play

Looking back over the years I'm again so fortunate to have seen so many brilliant players at Celtic The Lions The Quality Street Gang who I watched emerging coming through and making their names in the game as well as all the modern day greats

There have also been more than our fair share of shockers who for one reason or other found their way into Hooped jersies' but on the whole the Class has by far outweighed the Dregs

I always feel gratified that I've been so lucky and never forget that by conditions of birth I could have been a HUN?

HH?

Back