Celtic FC - ICONS: George McCluskey

One of the best interviews Ive heard for long time.

Some really good stories in there.

As a young bhoy growing up in the 60s/70s I always longed for a McCluskey to play for Celtic, I was blessed with two, Pat & George, both turned out to be Legends and cement the name of McCluskey as true Celtic names, me I'm a supporter whose life as a McCluskey is devoted to a Club like no other and proud that my name will forever remain in Celtic folklore, thanks to Pat & George 67ITHOL

Met George in Las Vegas about 18 years ago, really nice bloke
Him and Tommy Callaghan, both looked as though they could still play, genuinely nice guys
HH

I remember sitting in my room listening to our away game against Ajax who we played the week earlier and were brilliant. We applaud them off the park.

Anyway, last seconds of the game and McCluskey scores the winner. I erupted with a scream that woukdcwake thecdead and ran along the lobby and burst into the living room, nearly giving my auld ma a Fucking heart attack. She was a Celtic diehard too and after regaining consciousness hugged me andcwe did an impromptu wee jig.

The goal against them in the 80 final and me and my underage but bkootered pals all falling about and helping to create a cloud of dust.

Then onto the park for a set too. What a day. Georgie Bhoy, thankyou for both.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back