Celtic Financial Statement

Weedocbhoy60

Peter Lawell has submitted Celtic Football Club plc financial statement for the six months to December 2022.
The bottom line is ( I'm sure a full statement for those interested will be on the official Celtic site) is that we have 50.2million sitting in the bank. This is due( mostly) to participation in the CL group stages.
This in turn highlights the need to win the league to access the funds that come with CL football.
More funds better players. The better your squad the further you go and the more funds you receive. A very simplified view of real life but you get my point.
With a properly funded well run Club we will slowly grind the zombies down, but is that enough???? Or should we be setting or sights on the latter stages of the CL.
As usual bhoys and ghirls your thoughts ........

Peter Lawell has submitted Celtic Football Club plc financial statement for the six months to December 2022.
The bottom line is ( I'm sure a full statement for those interested will be on the official Celtic site) is that we have 50.2million sitting in the bank. This is due( mostly) to participation in the CL group stages.
This in turn highlights the need to win the league to access the funds that come with CL football.
More funds better players. The better your squad the further you go and the more funds you receive. A very simplified view of real life but you get my point.
With a properly funded well run Club we will slowly grind the zombies down, but is that enough???? Or should we be setting or sights on the latter stages of the CL.
50 million or as they call it on the dark side 50 confettI issues

Impressive results, putting us in a very strong financial position. The question now is, how to best utilise it to push the club forward? Shows just how critical and beneficial regular Champion's League qualification, coupled with prudent financial managements is for us. Another positive feel good factor for us.

Not as if I expected to be bad but with all the chatter around Ange’s rebuild you would think we’d been throwing the cash around and I’d completely forgotten about CL income this season. A good position to be in for Ange’s next phase. HH 🍀
To be fair oor Ange is a net profit rebuilder ⚠️ so we can do another rebuild and still be clear of FSR and we don’t need to rebuild just tinker or replace the ones that will leave. That’s what a well run club does
Oh and
We never stop (lurkers) 👏👏

HH 🍀

'Thi morrow..." ?
Look at you getting all 17th century on us :cool:😁
Looking forward to the game the morra, masel'
Good to see the money coming in, and as someone said, win the league, the CL money helps, big time

COYBIG
Stay safe Bhoys and Ghirls

Impressive results, putting us in a very strong financial position. The question now is, how to best utilise it to push the club forward? Shows just how critical and beneficial regular Champion's League qualification, coupled with prudent financial managements is for us. Another positive feel good factor for us.
I strongly suspect the £50 million is earmarked for the boys club abuse court case that is in progress, the separate entity argument doesn’t look like it will hold up in court as they have literally thousands of articles from the Celtic view and other club sources linking them.
I’ve owned my own business before, the end game is to spend or invest all money that comes in and show a small profit, any surplus cash (money in the bank) is heavily taxed, corporation tax is 25% makes no business sense to have it there

For aw the hun lurkers that gettin a staunch stauner over the prospect of us having to settle up this shameful period in our long unbroken history…..this is a TEST CASE…….EVERY OTHER team that was infiltrated by pedophiles to gain access to children are next (the lawyers running the class action have said so) , it is wise and prudent to start putting away money to settle the cases, including the hun 3 pedophiles, their “ we are the same club, it’s just the holding company that got liquidated “ will come back to bite them in the arse….

'Thi morrow..." ?
Look at you getting all 17th century on us :cool:😁
Looking forward to the game the morra, masel'
Good to see the money coming in, and as someone said, win the league, the CL money helps, big time

COYBIG
Stay safe Bhoys and Ghirls
Tis but a simple flower passing the bridge o sighs Young Dilligaf of Greenock
Now hear the noise though some are thick
But all do love the famous Celtic
Not rabbie oor Tommy

HH 😉

I seriously hope we haven't got that amount of money just sitting in the account. It won't be, because every day it will be shrinking. Lawwell is far to clever for that.

I strongly suspect the £50 million is earmarked for the boys club abuse court case that is in progress, the separate entity argument doesn’t look like it will hold up in court as they have literally thousands of articles from the Celtic view and other club sources linking them.
I’ve owned my own business before, the end game is to spend or invest all money that comes in and show a small profit, any surplus cash (money in the bank) is heavily taxed, corporation tax is 25% makes no business sense to have it there

For aw the hun lurkers that gettin a staunch stauner over the prospect of us having to settle up this shameful period in our long unbroken history…..this is a TEST CASE…….EVERY OTHER team that was infiltrated by pedophiles to gain access to children are next (the lawyers running the class action have said so) , it is wise and prudent to start putting away money to settle the cases, including the hun 3 pedophiles, their “ we are the same club, it’s just the holding company that got liquidated “ will come back to bite them in the arse….
That’s a point that crossed my mind too Bb. I just hope for justice for those that have suffered and those responsible are appropriately sanctioned. If our club is one of those then it’s sensible that they may be preparing for this. Genuinely difficult discussion I appreciate you bringing it up as irrespective of the legalities, as a former CBC player I believed I was part of Celtic. I wasn’t affected by these issues nor could comment in any knowledgeable manner. Reparations must be made in all ways and genuine change achieved 💚🍀😮‍💨

I think Ange has a real desire to make his mark on the Champions League with his team playing the style he determines. I also think he wants to develop his squad to that target and player trading is part of the cycle for him.
Also bear in mind we are likely to be cash negative through the second half of the financial year so 50m will go down.
Still think the big man has the plan and a Board that seem keen to back him.
So interesting times ahead.
HH

Members online

Back