celtic history

seven past niven

drawing from my own experience it seems to me that our biggest fault or at least one of them has been failing to capitalise from a position of strength. when i look back over the history of our club i can think of the twenties and thirties when the huns dominated scottish football. this was following the first decades of the twentieth century when we dominated the game in this country. many reasons have been forwarded as to why this happened eg discrimination on the part of the establishment and our own apathy to redress the situation. fast forward a hundred years and we are still failing to learn from the past. we are living in a global economy in todays world and we are still relying on a man from dublin who has shown little interest in serious investment in our club. given the great world wide diaspora of our club something does not add up when considering especially when we look accross the city at the huns who seem to have more mysterious investors than you could shake a stick at. i think its time join the real word and get the club the backing it deserves

also that main stand needs built up to the same level as the rest of the ground it makes the stadium look lopsided all big clubs have their main stand as their focal point of their stadium its fifty years old for god sake
As does Lennoxtown need a proper indoor facilities as Ronny Deila envisaged. DD sold his man utd shares to the glaziers and bought Celtic shares in the vain hope that Celtic and rangers possibly a few more or all Scottish clubs would join with the English and have a British tier system , at the very least Celtic and rangers joining the EFA hasnt happened and wont until going to the game is a luxury only tom cruise and Andy Murray can afford , then telly will want to show it for now best he can do for us is to plough cash into the clubs complete infrastructure and trust his son to turn a profit. This haggling over 2-500k must stop as well if a player's worth the money pay it , not like we cannot afford £5 million over £4.5 and the usual failed techniques that have lost us good players over 1/4 of a million

As does Lennoxtown need a proper indoor facilities as Ronny Deila envisaged. DD sold his man utd shares to the glaziers and bought Celtic shares in the vain hope that Celtic and rangers possibly a few more or all Scottish clubs would join with the English and have a British tier system , at the very least Celtic and rangers joining the EFA hasnt happened and wont until going to the game is a luxury only tom cruise and Andy Murray can afford , then telly will want to show it for now best he can do for us is to plough cash into the clubs complete infrastructure and trust his son to turn a profit. This haggling over 2-500k must stop as well if a player's worth the money pay it , not like we cannot afford £5 million over £4.5 and the usual failed techniques that have lost us good players over 1/4 of a million
I know the McGinn situation has been done to death. He will forever go down in history as the one that got away, for the sake of 500k. It becomes even more farcical when we've wasted millions on the likes of Shved, Bayo, Duffy, Ntcham, Compper, and many many more. Oh add Barkas too.

drawing from my own experience it seems to me that our biggest fault or at least one of them has been failing to capitalise from a position of strength. when i look back over the history of our club i can think of the twenties and thirties when the huns dominated scottish football. this was following the first decades of the twentieth century when we dominated the game in this country. many reasons have been forwarded as to why this happened eg discrimination on the part of the establishment and our own apathy to redress the situation. fast forward a hundred years and we are still failing to learn from the past. we are living in a global economy in todays world and we are still relying on a man from dublin who has shown little interest in serious investment in our club. given the great world wide diaspora of our club something does not add up when considering especially when we look accross the city at the huns who seem to have more mysterious investors than you could shake a stick at. i think its time join the real word and get the club the backing it deserves
I agree with much of what you say Seven, I have more or less said the same thing . Even quite recently I posted that I believe we missed another opportunity to bury sevco. Although I absutely see your point regarding the global fanbase of the club I feel we would lose something if faceless investors were to get involved. I know DD isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I'm happy to have him at the helm.for now. I would only ask him to be more hands on. I think what you suggest regarding investment probably will happen. Whether it would be a good thing I have my doubts. Don't think we could call ourselves a club like no other if we just followed the rest. Terrific post with good talking points Seven. HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back