Celtic legend Jim Brogan has passed away

Sad news , indeed ! Watched him regularly - to my mind he was a cross between Roy Aitken and Scott Brown . Never gave less than 100% and never flinched in the tackle . His type put the 'hard men ' of today to shame !

Him and Davie Hay both

I remember Davie Hay's 1st Old Firm game when he was just a boy
John Greig went in for a tackle early doors trying to intimidate Hay but after the initial tackle Greig avoided him for the remainder of the match HH?

I remember Jim as a hard but fair guy with a lot more skill than people seem to remember. Wore his heart on his sleeve and we loved him. A Die Hard Celt. He lived the dream.Condolences and respect to his family.

Met Jim once. It was on the way home from Brockville, the day we secured 9 in a row.
I recall his nick name but dont know now if that was between me and my pals or if it was known throughout.. . Crazy Horse.
Hard, but not too dirty!!
Rest in Peace,

IN the 60,s I qualified by getting top marks in exams for a free place in a selective prestigous fee paying catholic secondary school but my mother who was a widow could not afford the expensive uniform .
My mum knew his mum Jim Brogan found out got the uniform for me

RIP Jim

Really sad to hear the news of Jim Brogan passing,I am in my late 60s myself,thought Jim was one of the hardest players at our club in that era along with Davie Hay really hard men would run through a brick wall as they used to say no quarter given,one of my friends was a Rangers man (sadly pass away as well) at the time the Clint Eastwood *movies *were all the go at the time mate say to me ,Jim should change his first name to Clint (Where ankles dare). *Where Eagles dare* , (For a few wingers more )*For a few dollars more * Happy days fondly remember meet him once at Cathcart Castle golf course really a really nice person will be sadly missed. RIP Jim

Members online

Latest posts

Back