Celtic memorabilia & old Programmes

Conar96

Recently came across a couple of old Celtic Programmes & wondered if anyone still held onto old Celtic memorabilia & photos.
I remember when I was young & my dad would take me down to the old school at the front of the Main Stand where old players would park their cars & walk up to the ground happily signing autographs for the fans. Changed days indeed. I remember getting Stevie Chalmers saying I’d his signature that many times he stopped giving it to me anymore ?

8CAFF4C7-524A-4F92-8677-05AE8BB71BAD.jpeg

71799DA9-6BF9-463B-BAC5-3A7C84C3F1C4.jpeg

Recently came across a couple of old Celtic Programmes & wondered if anyone still held onto old Celtic memorabilia & photos.
I remember when I was young & my dad would take me down to the old school at the front of the Main Stand where old players would park their cars & walk up to the ground happily signing autographs for the fans. Changed days indeed. I remember getting Stevie Chalmers saying I’d his signature that many times he stopped giving it to me anymore ?

View attachment 2012

View attachment 2013

Tommy Burns testimonial took place 10 days before I was born...does that make any of you lot feel old ???

Tommy Burns testimonial took place 10 days before I was born...does that make any of you lot feel old ???

A bit .. I remember hearing all these rumours going around in Dennistoun , must have been ‘71 /72 . that this fantastic young kid was playing in a cup final , from memory he was playing for St Mary’s , in all white .. it was very well attended for the small ground.

And yes , it was my first view of Tommy Burns .

Last edited:
I’ve got a woollen wall carpet celebrating our European success that was passed down to me ?
HAIL HAIL ??

I wonder if it's the same one I have Mod, it means the world to me because it was my Da's, is it the same one like the one that used to be in Bairds Bar? Apparently there is one in the Greenock csc. You don't see many of them around mate, it's something I cherish because of it's sentimental value.

I wonder if it's the same one I have Mod, it means the world to me because it was my Da's, is it the same one like the one that used to be in Bairds Bar? Apparently there is one in the Greenock csc. You don't see many of them around mate, it's something I cherish because of it's sentimental value.
It has the cups on each corner with the euro cup aloft in the centre ?
??

Remember LLP, You posted a picture of your good self mate with your beautiful daughter at paradise, so you've either had a shocking paper roond or you're at it.
To answer your question mate, aye, older than moses dug.
????????????????
You try delivering newspapers in easterhouse!!!!! spent my whole time jumping fences running away from rival gang members or chasing customers for my bloody money!!!!

Anyone remember the Playing for Celtic books that were numbered? They were in hardback & began in the late 60’s if my memory serves me. My dad used to collect them & I remember one of the last ones being of the 1980 Riot cup final vs. Oldco. Happy days seeing Danny McGrain lifting the cup that glorious day ?

Anyone remember the Playing for Celtic books that were numbered? They were in hardback & began in the late 60’s if my memory serves me. My dad used to collect them & I remember one of the last ones being of the 1980 Riot cup final vs. Oldco. Happy days seeing Danny McGrain lifting the cup that glorious day ?

Still got a few of them tucked away somewhere C96, I think they went on a few years later than 1980. Im positive that the 1985 season was included because the colour pictures in the middle had amazing pictures of the Scottish Cup Final and the huge Celtic support that day, missed the first 25 min of that match trying to get in the ground, many waited a lot longer than that to get in, it was chaos outside Hampden that day.

Still got a few of them tucked away somewhere C96, I think they went on a few years later than 1980. Im positive that the 1985 season was included because the colour pictures in the middle had amazing pictures of the Scottish Cup Final and the huge Celtic support that day, missed the first 25 min of that match trying to get in the ground, many waited a lot longer than that to get in, it was chaos outside Hampden that day.

I think the there was a problem at the turnstiles that day of the ‘85 Cup Final as the crowd was jam packed together in that terracing. Another iconic Celtic victory coming from behind. Great memories ?

I think the there was a problem at the turnstiles that day of the ‘85 Cup Final as the crowd was jam packed together in that terracing. Another iconic Celtic victory coming from behind. Great memories ?

200px-1985_Scottish_Cup_Final_match_programme.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Back