Celtic memorabilia & old Programmes

Conar the problem was they had removed the turnstyles at the bottom and you had to walk through and up the stairs to the new ones. This led to more people than normal just coming through en masse and the turnstyles at t he top were jammed, i got in when they opened a large gate to allow access to police and first aiders etc, fans just swarmed the large gate and pinned the police against the walls, there was more than the actual attendance that day, if you can cast your mind back there were guys in the old celtic end corners on the pylons and guys were in the actual stairwells, thank goodness now for safety at football, great memory but would think twice now.

Tommy Burns testimonial took place 10 days before I was born...does that make any of you lot feel old ???
aye it does LLP but then again it makes me think how lucky I was to be alive and to watch the European Cup in 1967 at home of course as I was only seventeen. We all got away from work early and there was nobody out on the street until after the game and we were dancing in the streets that night. Oh what a night!

Conar the problem was they had removed the turnstyles at the bottom and you had to walk through and up the stairs to the new ones. This led to more people than normal just coming through en masse and the turnstyles at t he top were jammed, i got in when they opened a large gate to allow access to police and first aiders etc, fans just swarmed the large gate and pinned the police against the walls, there was more than the actual attendance that day, if you can cast your mind back there were guys in the old celtic end corners on the pylons and guys were in the actual stairwells, thank goodness now for safety at football, great memory but would think twice now.

My memory could be playing tricks here Boab, was it cash or ticket that day? Looking around the terraces that day it was one big heaving mass of tims. You don't think of it at the time but what a dangerous situation to be put in.

Do you remember the days when Celtic fans used to get half the Main stand, the Broomloan Rd, & a quarter of the Govan stand at Ibrox cause the Oldco were so gash? ?

A0F6E1D8-2C5F-4F8E-B481-E9CF64CAE09D.jpeg

A75B9EB7-D1FE-4347-8E69-56F99B97895F.jpeg

Last edited:
My memory could be playing tricks here Boab, was it cash or ticket that day? Looking around the terraces that day it was one big heaving mass of tims. You don't think of it at the time but what a dangerous situation to be put in.
Was ticket i believe, and most of the crowd would have been added to by guys who just chanced buses having spare tickets for guys who never made it or were too drunk to leave the pubs. I went in through that big gate.:whistle:

Members online

Latest posts

Back