Celtic, OGC Nice set to play in Lyon’s July Tournament but Rennes rejects invitation

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
"Celtic are also looking to play a friendly in Paris against Champions PSG later next month and there is news today that flights to France can resume. We’ll be there to give The Bhoys a Cheer – if they’ll let us!"

As someone with an aversion to flying, I wanted to bring this up: Can't you get to France by train these days by rail via the English Channel tunnel?

"Celtic are also looking to play a friendly in Paris against Champions PSG later next month and there is news today that flights to France can resume. We’ll be there to give The Bhoys a Cheer – if they’ll let us!"

As someone with an aversion to flying, I wanted to bring this up: Can't you get to France by train these days by rail via the English Channel tunnel?
Yeah of course Larry, I travel to France/Belgium quite a lot and use the tunnel and ferries. I also never fly. sore on the arms pal.....;)

Yeah of course Larry, I travel to France/Belgium quite a lot and use the tunnel and ferries. I also never fly. sore on the arms pal.....;)
It will be interesting to see if the airlines alter the air systems. They used to do it when smoking was allowed but they recycle it now so aerosol transmission would be the issue.
Sounds a bit sci-fi but running the air through a UV tube might be the answer

The July pre-season games are an opportunity to test out our full squad. Unlimited substitutions and even a completely different eleven for the second half. We have often played third division teams in places like Slovakia but I like the idea of playing top French teams even if they will like us not always be fielding their best players. Winning matches is a cherry on the top and brief bragging rights. It's all about getting ready for the Decima and a great run in Europe.

It's the only sniff at a decent pre season we are going to get.
Naughty Holliday for the team as well.
It will be a novelty if nothing else and a morale boost.
Sounds a bit strange but it might chalk off a summer holiday miss in the players minds.
Can't think of anything better for them.

All for it. We need it

Back