Celtic Pets

Few weeks ago, beautiful weekend weather, our local park (100 yards from our house, the one with the duck pond that Beau loves to visit) was full, Saturday and Sunday, cars all over the place as the lot was full
Parties of 30-40 bbq'ing and partying, no masks, no social distancing, and one bunch of idiots took down the 'Social distancing' signs and stuck them on a park bench, upside down
If the Muni was smart, they'd stake the place out on a weekend, now that Summer's here, and hand out speeding tickets, DUI, etc
It's not rocket science
Now, we've got anti mask protesters in the streets, it's fucking madness
Anyone not following medical advice, should have their medical healthcare, suspended
They are putting us all at risk
*Soapbox put away
HH
Stay safe D,lookafter you and yours,the stir crazies are emergin!

What's not to love about the big guy. I hope he gets over his problems cos he's got duties to fulfil as our mascot. Love him Dill👍
He's got a rare condition which is not treatable
We only found out after he came to live with us, we had him for 8 months at that time, and we had him at the vet to have some cysts removed
Twenty minutes into the operation, they called and said "Beau's alright, but we had to stop the surgery"
He can't tolerate anesthetic, so no surgery for our Bhoy
He has Hyperthermia (it's very often fatal during surgery) so after 9 hours of him being packed in ice bags to get his temperature down, and given IV drips and oxygen, we got him home and we take good care of him
He has sebaceous cysts, some are quite large, but we had them checked and they were not cancerous, just fatty tissue, he's happy enough, but like me. his arthritis is an issue, so we watch that we don't walk him too much nowadays
It's a case of, as long as he's with us, and eating and drinking well, and he's his happy self, he'll get all the love and attention, he can handle
Animals are a blessing
Stay safe and give Jasper a cuddle from Canada
HH

We only found out after he came to live with us, we had him for 8 months at that time, and we had him at the vet to have some cysts removed
Twenty minutes into the operation, they called and said "Beau's alright, but we had to stop the surgery"
He has Hyperthermia (it's very often fatal during surgery) so after 9 hours of him being packed in ice bags to get his temperature down, and given IV drips and oxygen, we got him home and we take good care of him
He has sebaceous cysts, some are quite large, but we had them checked and they were not cancerous, just fatty tissue, he's happy enough, but like me. his arthritis is an issue, so we watch that we don't walk him too much nowadays
It's a case of, as long as he's with us, and eating and drinking well, and he's his happy self, he'll get all the love and attention, he can handle
Animals are a blessing
HH
Mon the Beau!

Animals are a blessing
HH
That is a shame, D. My dog got an infected toe a few years ago and after a couple of months of antibiotics the vet advised the toe needed to be amputated. However when she was under she took a severe allergic reaction to the anaesthetic so they aborted it and managed to save her. She successfully underwent the op the next week using a different anaesthetic. Such a worry.

I'm not sure if you've tried Beau with turmeric? It is excellent for arthritis (you can buy it as a paste or powder that you sprinkle over the food) and I even started my Mum on it which helps her and she gets a dog biscuit every night too. It might be worth a try for a few months.

That is a shame, D. My dog got an infected toe a few years ago and after a couple of months of antibiotics the vet advised the toe needed to be amputated. However when she was under she took a severe allergic reaction to the anaesthetic so they aborted it and managed to save her. She successfully underwent the op the next week using a different anaesthetic. Such a worry.

I'm not sure if you've tried Beau with turmeric? It is excellent for arthritis (you can buy it as a paste or powder that you sprinkle over the food) and I even started my Mum on it which helps her and she gets a dog biscuit every night too. It might be worth a try for a few months.
We use turmeric at home, in our cooking, will give it a try
Glad your boy can through his ordeal
It's always a worry when they're not up to their usual self
Kerry just got home and he bounced up and down to greet her
He's a special dog

Bold lad's tail is looking a lot better D,woof!
Yeah forgot about that Michael
It's cleared up nicely and his tail is bushy again
Someone mentioned that some dogs are allergic to chicken, so we stopped giving it to him, and it seems to have cleared up his issue nicely
I actually took the passenger seat out of my SUV, so as it's easier for him to jump in

Something missing in this photo ;-)
Fzjy8wu.jpg

Old carpet needs replacing anyway
uHiyErw.jpg

Yeah forgot about that Michael
It's cleared up nicely and his tail is bushy again
Someone mentioned that some dogs are allergic to chicken, so we stopped giving it to him, and it seems to have cleared up his issue nicely
I actually took the passenger seat out of my SUV, so as it's easier for him to jump in

Something missing in this photo ;-)
Fzjy8wu.jpg

Old carpet needs replacing anyway
uHiyErw.jpg
Ah wiz gonnae be a smart arse D, and say, got it, yer passenger seat is missing!,but aye, that carpet's got tae go! 🍺 🥳

Ah wiz gonnae be a smart arse D, and say, got it, yer passenger seat is missing!,but aye, that carpet's got tae go! 🍺 🥳
That carpet does have to go mate, in fact it was soaking wet when I bought it and had to repair a hole in the firewall
I cut out the front part of the carpet, and will order a whole new one, in a bit
'Eddie' is 21 years old now, and I've done a bit of work on it
HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back