Celtic Players and the Media

Lmcbhoy

I reference James Forrest's article today

Now I have had my issues with some of his output but I certainly agree with this one. For years and years and years ( apply however many you have been going to Paradise) this has been an issue. I have never understood why our club cannot apply a nominal degree of professionalism to guide our players on media interviews. I appreciate they cannot baby sit every player all the time but the media must have a real laugh as they guide their victim to volunteer some ridiculous set of words.
Unfortunately it will continue since it has gone on forever but it is still a frustration for me!!
HH

I reference James Forrest's article today

Now I have had my issues with some of his output but I certainly agree with this one. For years and years and years ( apply however many you have been going to Paradise) this has been an issue. I have never understood why our club cannot apply a nominal degree of professionalism to guide our players on media interviews. I appreciate they cannot baby sit every player all the time but the media must have a real laugh as they guide their victim to volunteer some ridiculous set of words.
Unfortunately it will continue since it has gone on forever but it is still a frustration for me!!
HH

Absolutely. While I'm all for free speech, it makes sense to have a 'don't talk about the transfers of other players or say anything that belittles the club' policy. Again, while I'd check the translation before fully believing it and I know Elyounoussi simply meant to big up his pal Kris Ajer, he could've simply said 'I think Kris Ajer is a great player destined for great stuff'. I agree, you do have to train footballers in media things. They're not the coolest of cats at the best of times. I think they do get 'media training', but I agree with Forrest that they should be made aware of the agenda that much of the media has against our club and receive training with that in mind.

Latest posts

Back