Celtic Players and the Media

Lmcbhoy

I reference James Forrest's article today

Now I have had my issues with some of his output but I certainly agree with this one. For years and years and years ( apply however many you have been going to Paradise) this has been an issue. I have never understood why our club cannot apply a nominal degree of professionalism to guide our players on media interviews. I appreciate they cannot baby sit every player all the time but the media must have a real laugh as they guide their victim to volunteer some ridiculous set of words.
Unfortunately it will continue since it has gone on forever but it is still a frustration for me!!
HH

I reference James Forrest's article today

Now I have had my issues with some of his output but I certainly agree with this one. For years and years and years ( apply however many you have been going to Paradise) this has been an issue. I have never understood why our club cannot apply a nominal degree of professionalism to guide our players on media interviews. I appreciate they cannot baby sit every player all the time but the media must have a real laugh as they guide their victim to volunteer some ridiculous set of words.
Unfortunately it will continue since it has gone on forever but it is still a frustration for me!!
HH

Absolutely. While I'm all for free speech, it makes sense to have a 'don't talk about the transfers of other players or say anything that belittles the club' policy. Again, while I'd check the translation before fully believing it and I know Elyounoussi simply meant to big up his pal Kris Ajer, he could've simply said 'I think Kris Ajer is a great player destined for great stuff'. I agree, you do have to train footballers in media things. They're not the coolest of cats at the best of times. I think they do get 'media training', but I agree with Forrest that they should be made aware of the agenda that much of the media has against our club and receive training with that in mind.

Back