Celtic related - need advice on scanning photos prints to turn to digital

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday I met Tom Grant, former Director at Celtic and we had a right good chat about things! We're going to have an interview with him on The Celtic Star over the next few weeks.

The other day Highland Paddy posted a few photos of the old Celtic Park, before Fergus swept in with his winds of change. Tom contacted me that evening after seeing these pics and said he has several hundred prints of the old Celtic Park, it's demotion and the current Paradise starting to take shape. These photos have never been seen before.

Tom worked for Fergus on the building of the new Paradise, he was previously in charge of the old stadium - and the stories he was telling! Anyway he had daily access to the re-development every step of the way and these photos provide a remarkable account that Tom wants to share with the Celtic Support via The Celtic Star, his Celtic site of choice incidentally.

We also have some brilliant behind the scenes at Celtic Park shots covering the whole stadium from around 2012 (these ones are already digital).

The plan isn't to run this as an article - which drops down the site as new posts appear, but to build a Celtic Park section have keep this on our homepage right at the top.

Anyway, I have these prints from Tom and am looking for advice on how to digitalise them? Any ideas? There must be at least 300 prints!

Yesterday I met Tom Grant, former Director at Celtic and we had a right good chat about things! We're going to have an interview with him on The Celtic Star over the next few weeks.

The other day Highland Paddy posted a few photos of the old Celtic Park, before Fergus swept in with his winds of change. Tom contacted me that evening after seeing these pics and said he has several hundred prints of the old Celtic Park, it's demotion and the current Paradise starting to take shape. These photos have never been seen before.

Tom worked for Fergus on the building of the new Paradise, he was previously in charge of the old stadium - and the stories he was telling! Anyway he had daily access to the re-development every step of the way and these photos provide a remarkable account that Tom wants to share with the Celtic Support via The Celtic Star, his Celtic site of choice incidentally.

We also have some brilliant behind the scenes at Celtic Park shots covering the whole stadium from around 2012 (these ones are already digital).

The plan isn't to run this as an article - which drops down the site as new posts appear, but to build a Celtic Park section have keep this on our homepage right at the top.

Anyway, I have these prints from Tom and am looking for advice on how to digitalise them? Any ideas? There must be at least 300 prints!

Think to get a print onto tech means taking photos from tech of the prints.

In saying that, i’m bollocks wi tech stuff so best not listen to me.

Boab seems to be the man with tech savvy and might be good idea to ask a photographer your question too.

My other half is a photographer, shes re-photographed old photos before, digitally edited them to improve the quality, then they can be printed or saved as a raw file or jpeg whatever.
I'll have a word with her tonight if you like?
I'd like to see more photos of the old stadium not that many good ones around.

Take them to Vistaprint or somewhere similar, they should be able to Scan them and put them on a memory stick or CD for you.
If the photos are A4 or smaller it would be easy to do on any Printer/Scanner at home. Time consuming though.
If ye are stuck or don't have the time get others involved.

If you use a scanner and save them as jpegs on the PC job done. You can then simply upload them to your webpage as you do normally with other pics. You can also batch them and send them to yourself as an email attachment and if too many in size it will go through to a google drive (Virtual drive) which you then download to a folder of choice to sort out.

Back