Celtic/Sevco ex players in the media

Here is the interview with Negri for those that missed it. It's on a blog called donstalk.
The comments fae Aberdeen fans mirror ours- you will never read that in the sevvie minded media.
We have to go Italian Sports Magazines or an Australian-Greek newspaper to get the truth about sevco. A shocking endictment of Scottish Journalism.

From an Italian Football magazine, an interview with Marco Negri, about Rangers, and life in Scotland.

LB- Luigi Bruno (Interviewer)

MN- Marco Negri

LB- Marco, you left Rangers under very strange circumstances, why was that?

MN- Strange? There was nothing strange in anything that happened there, they simply did not want me there any longer.

LB- Why was that?

MN- The honest answer is that I didn't know then and I still don't know even today. Nobody ever explained why I had fallen out of favour.

LB- Your goal record at Rangers was fantastic and when fit and available you were scoring for fun. I, and many others still do not understand why you left under a cloud.

MN- Let's just say you are getting very close to why I think that I was frozen out. Scotland is a very claustrophobic place where everything is examined and analyzed endlessly. Scottish society is in many ways a backward place.

LB- What do you mean by that?

MN- The culture, the underlying culture of Rangers was not good. The first team players had a habit of drinking vast amounts of alcohol during the week. As you know here in Italy we have a different culture as professional footballers. We know that it is our duty to keep ourselves fit and healthy. Some of the players there like Paul Gascoigne and Andy Goram would turn up smelling of drink BEFORE training. I could not understand why such behaviour was tolerated by Walter Smith who was manager then".

LB- Marco we are well aware of Paul Gascoigne's problems and it is sad to see his decline, we saw it earlier at Lazio. Are you saying that the players were out of control?

MN- Absolutely, I tried to point this out to Walter Smith several times but he became very defensive and said that I needed to understand Scottish footballing culture. He would hear no criticism of Goram and especially Gascoigne who could literally do anything he wanted to and still get away with it! It wasn't just their drinking however, they had some really extreme political and religious views.

LB- Could you elaborate on this please?

MN- Of course. They hated Catholics. All of them. I never understood why they were so filled with hatred. Several of us who were Catholic players and all foreigners were told upon arrival, never to bless ourselves at Ibrox as it could cause problems for us. I began to understand that Rangers was an extreme club very similar to Lazio here in Italy. You know, a right wing club with right wing supporters. I personally am not a practicing Catholic but my wife Anna Maria is, and it used to cause me pain when I heard what they said about my fellow Catholics. Lorenzo Amoruso and Jorg Albertz, just kept quiet and kept their heads down.

LB- What finally brought things to a head?

MN- I was rapidly disillusioned by Rangers and especially their supporters. As part of my professional duties I was strongly encouraged to attend social functions which meant going to several Rangers supporters clubs. The last one I attended really brought home to me the fact that I had nothing in common with these people. The anti-Catholic feeling was venomous and the songs they sang that evening filled me with disgust. It was at that point I decided not to give my all for a club that condoned such behaviour. I went sick. Walter Smith knew the real reason for my 'illness' and he just ignored it. But I wasn't lying, I was sick, sick of Rangers and sick of what they stood for and that is the truth.
I for one am glad he left he was a striker and a half. Would be great to hear this put to the "experts" on scoreboard and hear their excuses.

The ex players know there is no money to be made from positive stories about Celtic. The sevvie minded media throw money at those willing to bad mouth Celtic.
Got a bill coming? Say Celtic are shite and £1500 will be yours.
Most (all?) of the U.K/Scottish media are Tory and Unionist minded.
Celtic will always be the victim of their pro sevvie anti Celtic bias.
Don't buy them and never fall for the clickbait. Starve them and they will die.
Check oot the articles, posted by Aussie-Greek, from the Greek City News.
You will never read truths like that in the Scottish media.

Spot on!

And yet 1 or 2 on here repeatedly link to these Hun rags.....I’m sure they have their reasons for doing this.....lol...

Wouldnae put Sutton in with the rest of the wankers you mentioned ,no worries 👍

I think sutton kept his position in the media due to his constant attacks on Ronny. Not sure if he ment what he was saying half the time but it kept is bosses happy. He didn't get stuck into Lenny half as much when it was probably more deserved....apart from that I think sutton is mostly spot on in his views.

Aye I agree its nothing to do with penny pinching or the biscuit tin mentality of old. I believe there's some residual effects of the Biccy tin mentality and that can show in transfer dealings. However these players , provan, nicholarse, walker , commons etc were well and truly loved by the fans during their time at the club. So I go along with the majority and say it's for an easy quick buck. We have lenny ( whose been getting loaded questions btw) sutton whose fair in his assessments. Big bad john is the same fair and says it as he sees it. It could also relate to how these players left who knows but in a country and city where to quote cesaer " we are underdogs in our own city " this has never changed since before he said it til now. Easy money to take the soup and a £1500 pay cheque. Were I to hazard a guess at any other reason I'd say that those players are raging they missed the big money years HH
I've nothing against former players going into the punditry to earn a wage tbh I wid rather an ex player talking about a game than some eejit presenter as for lennon getting hit way loaded questions.....he's a grown man he shud be able to just say to the questioner why u asking it that way or just why u giving me a loaded question when everybody knows last season is a real sore point for us tims so he shud just say im not answering that it won't affect his wage he cud make it clear he won't talk about anything to do with running of the club as its a delicate subject I actually am starting to think lennon is trying to be honest from his point but he's not clever enough for these hacks either way he needs to wisen up unless he's actually bitter and wants to stir shit 🤷doubt it but he needs to reel it in a bit and smarten up or he will lose us all

Players when they attack Celtic for no reason at all and contribute to gossip without facts, as Tommy Burns would point out "Celtic is a community", in his analysis you attack all things Celtic and in doing so contribute to a media made up of staunches and only too willing to put down more than just a team and a result.
Soup taking is very much rife in Scotland and too many so called Celtic men have made themselves rich from the table.

1630014139179.png

Here is the interview with Negri for those that missed it. It's on a blog called donstalk.
The comments fae Aberdeen fans mirror ours- you will never read that in the sevvie minded media.
We have to go Italian Sports Magazines or an Australian-Greek newspaper to get the truth about sevco. A shocking endictment of Scottish Journalism.

From an Italian Football magazine, an interview with Marco Negri, about Rangers, and life in Scotland.

LB- Luigi Bruno (Interviewer)

MN- Marco Negri

LB- Marco, you left Rangers under very strange circumstances, why was that?

MN- Strange? There was nothing strange in anything that happened there, they simply did not want me there any longer.

LB- Why was that?

MN- The honest answer is that I didn't know then and I still don't know even today. Nobody ever explained why I had fallen out of favour.

LB- Your goal record at Rangers was fantastic and when fit and available you were scoring for fun. I, and many others still do not understand why you left under a cloud.

MN- Let's just say you are getting very close to why I think that I was frozen out. Scotland is a very claustrophobic place where everything is examined and analyzed endlessly. Scottish society is in many ways a backward place.

LB- What do you mean by that?

MN- The culture, the underlying culture of Rangers was not good. The first team players had a habit of drinking vast amounts of alcohol during the week. As you know here in Italy we have a different culture as professional footballers. We know that it is our duty to keep ourselves fit and healthy. Some of the players there like Paul Gascoigne and Andy Goram would turn up smelling of drink BEFORE training. I could not understand why such behaviour was tolerated by Walter Smith who was manager then".

LB- Marco we are well aware of Paul Gascoigne's problems and it is sad to see his decline, we saw it earlier at Lazio. Are you saying that the players were out of control?

MN- Absolutely, I tried to point this out to Walter Smith several times but he became very defensive and said that I needed to understand Scottish footballing culture. He would hear no criticism of Goram and especially Gascoigne who could literally do anything he wanted to and still get away with it! It wasn't just their drinking however, they had some really extreme political and religious views.

LB- Could you elaborate on this please?

MN- Of course. They hated Catholics. All of them. I never understood why they were so filled with hatred. Several of us who were Catholic players and all foreigners were told upon arrival, never to bless ourselves at Ibrox as it could cause problems for us. I began to understand that Rangers was an extreme club very similar to Lazio here in Italy. You know, a right wing club with right wing supporters. I personally am not a practicing Catholic but my wife Anna Maria is, and it used to cause me pain when I heard what they said about my fellow Catholics. Lorenzo Amoruso and Jorg Albertz, just kept quiet and kept their heads down.

LB- What finally brought things to a head?

MN- I was rapidly disillusioned by Rangers and especially their supporters. As part of my professional duties I was strongly encouraged to attend social functions which meant going to several Rangers supporters clubs. The last one I attended really brought home to me the fact that I had nothing in common with these people. The anti-Catholic feeling was venomous and the songs they sang that evening filled me with disgust. It was at that point I decided not to give my all for a club that condoned such behaviour. I went sick. Walter Smith knew the real reason for my 'illness' and he just ignored it. But I wasn't lying, I was sick, sick of Rangers and sick of what they stood for and that is the truth.
It was all a bit weird at the time ...well done for speaking up Marco

It was all a bit weird at the time ...well done for speaking up Marco
The Staunch
It's always been rife, especially in the West of Scotland
From their Klub and it's Kulture, to employment opportunities not being afforded to those of a Catholic upbringing, in various towns throughout the region
It was the worst kept secret, back in the day
It's the 21st Century for the rest of us, but for them, it's always 1690
I don't expect anything to change anytime soon, but we live in hope, that one day, it's not tolerated

HH

The Staunch
It's always been rife, especially in the West of Scotland
From their Klub and it's Kulture, to employment opportunities not being afforded to those of a Catholic upbringing, in various towns throughout the region
It was the worst kept secret, back in the day
It's the 21st Century for the rest of us, but for them, it's always 1690
I don't expect anything to change anytime soon, but we live in hope, that one day, it's not tolerated

HH
Canny see it, ther a bit like the Spartans, they throw ther weans aff a cliff if they think they might support Celtic…true story 😂

Canny see it, ther a bit like the Spartans, they throw ther weans aff a cliff if they think they might support Celtic…true story 😂
Of course it will never change, there's more chance of Slippy G, pulling his foreskin over his head, to keep his ears warm

HH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back