Celtic sites, Twittertwaty and making rumour stuff up.

Theverdict1

I like most of us during transfer windows, scan a lot of sites and twitter “insiders” self proclaimed I may add, for rumours and predictions of who we are after.

I know at the outset, that this is an exercise in futility. But I still do it.. it’s like a virus that needs to be fed, even though it will only make things worse for my mental well being.

The array of players touted as being on our radar, in talks with agents, or a target is truly mind blowing. They range from players that are currently on wages that we could never pay, with transfer fees that would render Lawell catatonic and in need of a defibrillator, to players who no one has ever heard of or will again.

I know these rumours have been invented. I know there are a whole raft of people sitting at home in their pants plucking names out of their arse for hits or shares or likes. I know all these things, yet I am drawn, like a big daft moth, into the flame of a blowtorch.

It always reminds me of when I was a wean and fascinated by the little pilot light that sat in the middle of my mums gas cooker, that was always burning inside what I thought was a little castle. I wanted to touch it and my mum would tell me it would burn nevas it was very hot. I kept asking if I could touch it. Eventually she let me, and surprise surprise, she was right and I was the proud owner of a blister.

It’s the same deal with these rumours, I know if I go into them, I’m going to get burned, but like that daft wean I was, I still do it.

The rumours range from the guy who knows a guy, who went to school with a guy, whose sister worked in a taxi firm, who had a driver who picked up a guy who had lunch with Lawell and told him that this player or that was at CP last week and will be joining us, to those who just say they have a source that they cannot name.

Every single time I say, you lying cunt, you’re making that up, then inexplicably, tell me more of the stuff I know you just made up.

Last night I did a trawl and if you believed anybif it, we would be signing about 400 players, all great and all costly.

I always think of what the motivation is, then quickly realise it’s for people like me to read, tonraise hopes that are always dashed. I have yet to read one rumour that started this way before the press report an interest that actually happened.

Yet, I go on reading them. I continue to imagine them in my team, fully in the knowledge that they are just made up.

What I do know, is we need experienced players. The young Smerican defenders look good. But, they are College football stars and the step up, if they manage it, is too risky to rely on hope.

I have always believed if you’re good enough, you’re old enough. KT being our best example of this, but we need battle hardened troops as well as these young guys.

Our main area of concern, RB and CB are still to be addressed and I hope Lawell isn’t hoping to get out if this window without realising putting our title charge in the hands of students.

I have to be honest and say I wouldn’t be surprised as I am reading from Lawells mouthpiece CQN, the, it’s hard to get good defenders is difficult in the January window line.

It is, but if that’s the case, why didn’t he do it in the summer? My eye twitch goes into spasm when I read this type of stuff, for the simple reason that he has form. A lot of form. I tell myself, not this time. It will happen, it has to happen. It’s too important not to happen this time. But, I have said that before. My eyelid will be going like a loose shutter in a hurricane until I see an experienced couple of players standing holding up a scarf telling us he always wanted to play in front of our fans.

Tranfer rumours can seriously fuck up your inner Zen. Expecially if like us in previous transfer windows, it has been ragdolled into a bloody, crumpled heap.

Sign the players Celtic and let me at least cut down on the Prozac. HH

I like most of us during transfer windows, scan a lot of sites and twitter “insiders” self proclaimed I may add, for rumours and predictions of who we are after.

I know at the outset, that this is an exercise in futility. But I still do it.. it’s like a virus that needs to be fed, even though it will only make things worse for my mental well being.

The array of players touted as being on our radar, in talks with agents, or a target is truly mind blowing. They range from players that are currently on wages that we could never pay, with transfer fees that would render Lawell catatonic and in need of a defibrillator, to players who no one has ever heard of or will again.

I know these rumours have been invented. I know there are a whole raft of people sitting at home in their pants plucking names out of their arse for hits or shares or likes. I know all these things, yet I am drawn, like a big daft moth, into the flame of a blowtorch.

It always reminds me of when I was a wean and fascinated by the little pilot light that sat in the middle of my mums gas cooker, that was always burning inside what I thought was a little castle. I wanted to touch it and my mum would tell me it would burn nevas it was very hot. I kept asking if I could touch it. Eventually she let me, and surprise surprise, she was right and I was the proud owner of a blister.

It’s the same deal with these rumours, I know if I go into them, I’m going to get burned, but like that daft wean I was, I still do it.

The rumours range from the guy who knows a guy, who went to school with a guy, whose sister worked in a taxi firm, who had a driver who picked up a guy who had lunch with Lawell and told him that this player or that was at CP last week and will be joining us, to those who just say they have a source that they cannot name.

Every single time I say, you lying cunt, you’re making that up, then inexplicably, tell me more of the stuff I know you just made up.

Last night I did a trawl and if you believed anybif it, we would be signing about 400 players, all great and all costly.

I always think of what the motivation is, then quickly realise it’s for people like me to read, tonraise hopes that are always dashed. I have yet to read one rumour that started this way before the press report an interest that actually happened.

Yet, I go on reading them. I continue to imagine them in my team, fully in the knowledge that they are just made up.

What I do know, is we need experienced players. The young Smerican defenders look good. But, they are College football stars and the step up, if they manage it, is too risky to rely on hope.

I have always believed if you’re good enough, you’re old enough. KT being our best example of this, but we need battle hardened troops as well as these young guys.

Our main area of concern, RB and CB are still to be addressed and I hope Lawell isn’t hoping to get out if this window without realising putting our title charge in the hands of students.

I have to be honest and say I wouldn’t be surprised as I am reading from Lawells mouthpiece CQN, the, it’s hard to get good defenders is difficult in the January window line.

It is, but if that’s the case, why didn’t he do it in the summer? My eye twitch goes into spasm when I read this type of stuff, for the simple reason that he has form. A lot of form. I tell myself, not this time. It will happen, it has to happen. It’s too important not to happen this time. But, I have said that before. My eyelid will be going like a loose shutter in a hurricane until I see an experienced couple of players standing holding up a scarf telling us he always wanted to play in front of our fans.

Tranfer rumours can seriously fuck up your inner Zen. Expecially if like us in previous transfer windows, it has been ragdolled into a bloody, crumpled heap.

Forget Prozac get yourself some deludamol you'll start believing we're gony sign Messi

I sympathise about the 'need' to search for info re. new signings - but 99% of these sites are simply clickbait , enticing in supporters of all persuasions in order to up their advertising revenue .

I mentioned previously that the 67HailHail site and Rangers News has the same writers on both sites - and was blackballed by them for pointing this out .
It is difficult , I know , but we have to be patient and wait for some official news of actual signings or else , as you say TV we would end up neurotic ( correction : more neurotic ) than we are . lol !
HH

I remember about 20 odd years ago at the beginning of the so calledsuperstar signing culture at Celtic, when we all fell hook, line and sinker for the Ginola to Celtic nonsense, then we played the Geordies in a friendly and he took dogs of abuse to his total bemusement, the press had us believe it was virtually over the line and since then I've thought it best to wait on an official announcement.
Shame though, I think that could have been some 2 way love affair.

I sympathise about the 'need' to search for info re. new signings - but 99% of these sites are simply clickbait , enticing in supporters of all persuasions in order to up their advertising revenue .

I mentioned previously that the 67HailHail site and Rangers News has the same writers on both sites - and was blackballed by them for pointing this out .
It is difficult , I know , but we have to be patient and wait for some official news of actual signings or else , as you say TV we would end up neurotic ( correction : more neurotic ) than we are . lol !
HH

I did an article on this on The Celtic Star.

A mate phones me up on a regular basis, to save him any blushes in case he's lurkin I'll call him the groundhog, almost everyday he phones with the newest Celtic signing target, then I give him the speech about drawing up 2 lists, one for the targets and one with the actual signings, he then agrees with me about the meeja bullshit, next day he phones to tell me we're after....... you know the rest

A mate phones me up on a regular basis, to save him any blushes in case he's lurkin I'll call him the groundhog, almost everyday he phones with the newest Celtic signing target, then I give him the speech about drawing up 2 lists, one for the targets and one with the actual signings, he then agrees with me about the meeja bullshit, next day he phones to tell me we're after....... you know the rest
Yep, i have one who could not wait to tell me the LG gossip from the press, yawn. When you say to them i do not care about gossip, i care about winning title 8inar HR will deal with LG as his employers if its an employment contract issue. They go silent, this is not what they want to hear after they have just spent a quid on this nonsense,they could have bought their club with those wasted pounds.

TV1 I've got a source deep inside Celtic park who passes fantastic inside info...if you set up a monthly subscription to me I'll happily allow you to access my content...for £5 a month I'll tell you something and for £10 a month I'll tell you something and something else....I'll give you this for free....to settle your nerves a wee bit....we are definitely maybe in the market for an experienced OR up and coming star who defo plays in a position on the pitch. He OR she is a well established possible project future star. Who will walk straight into the team or go on loan.....probably...now get that PayPal set up and get all the inside news 1st....or 2nd or 3rd depending on how quickly I can read Phil, JJ or Celtic Blog. ?

Members online

Latest posts

Back